Around Mouth Is Alw...

Notifications
Clear all

Around Mouth Is Always Irritated From Bp

MemberMember
(@ihateacne1995)

Posted : 10/06/2014 8:42 am

Hey i keep clear with one pump of BP. but my main problem was on my chin and it becomes really red if i apply BP on it, even if i put a tiny bit, the rest of my face can handle BP easly, As of right now its clear just red:/ I mosturise day and night... Any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/06/2014 12:38 pm

Are you male? Do you shave the chin area? I'm wondering if it may be especially sensitive due to shaving? Dan has some really good shaving videos with tips for avoiding irritation.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#shave

and

http://www.acne.org/guide-to-shaving.html

Regardless if you are male or female, try adding extra drops of jojoba oil to the moisturizer whenever you apply it. In my experience jojoba oil is very calming and soothing to the skin.

MemberMember
(@hamdinger)

Posted : 10/10/2014 3:25 am

Hey! I get that too. I think it's because we move that part of our face so much, but that's just a guess.

What works really well for me is just slathering on petroleum jelly around my mouth before bed. It gets on your pillow and feels a little funny against the pillow case, but it works like a charm for me.

Actually, I have been using the petroleum jelly all over my jaw/cheeks/chin (basically beard area if I were a dude) and this has allowed me to go all the way up to 10% BP at night. When I wake up the p.j. is all absorbed and my skin is not greasy, my mouth area is not dry or flaky. No zits from it, it's non-comedogenic.

Good luck with your dry chin!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/10/2014 12:39 pm

I agree with the above post...PJ is noncomedogenic and really does work if you have nothing else. I've also used for the same problem and it really does everything it promises...heals, softens, even eliminates flakes...but feels goopy on your skin. Jojoba oil would be my choice but PJ is a good cheap substitute in a pinch.