Notifications
Clear all

"acne Is The Mark Of The Devil"?!

MemberMember
(@dreamerhigh)

Posted : 09/08/2014 7:00 pm

Okay so I was on a christian website and I went to prayer request a I saw a chick requesting prayer for clear skin so I went to give my prayer and stuff and I see this ignorant person say acne is the mark of the devil ??? He left a link to his "proof" Theres a hole thread about how Christians always have clear skin and if someone has acne not to let them in church!? Sorry for the rant this just makes me so mad. Its so untrue!! I've been a Christ follower my hole life even when I had acne.

Here is a link to the bull the links for a baptist church thread

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=71227

I didn't know were to post this

MemberMember
(@londoncat8)

Posted : 09/08/2014 7:33 pm

one should question what is the purpose of any religion if it is so easy to put a judgement upon somebody depending on looks¦ you are exactly what you call the person in front of you¦ if you call someone a devil or 'marked by devil' it might be you just revealed a truth about yourself and who you are¦. it applies to all we say about others¦we are that exact thing we call the other¦. if you call someone ugly or stupid you should be looking for these qualities inside yourself, there should be infinity of ugliness and stupidity to be discovered within the person who calls these names upon another¦..:)

MemberMember
(@777lb)

Posted : 09/08/2014 7:34 pm

Biggest load of nonsense I've heard.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 09/08/2014 7:40 pm

i dont get involved in religion, nor do i believe in any higher power/creator. And my skin has been great this year so far.

_but thats just my opinion, everyone can believe in what they like :)

MemberMember
(@dreamerhigh)

Posted : 09/08/2014 7:43 pm

one should question what is the purpose of any religion if it is so easy to put a judgement upon somebody depending on looks you are exactly what you call the person in front of you if you call someone a devil or 'marked by devil' it might be you just revealed a truth about yourself and who you are. it applies to all we say about otherswe are that exact thing we call the other. if you call someone ugly or stupid you should be looking for these qualities inside yourself, there should be infinity of ugliness and stupidity to be discovered within the person who calls these names upon another..

Um you know i don't believe acne is the ark of the devil right? Caue this sounds soo shady

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 09/09/2014 5:50 am

That is the bullying nature of religion. Religious people are full with meaningless and damaging hate. They don't see people as human anymore when those people have something that conflicts with their ideas, like gay people and, as it seems, also people with acne.

MemberMember
(@eminem-isback)

Posted : 09/10/2014 3:50 am

These people just don't understand it's a disease obviously ignorance

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 09/11/2014 2:22 am

Idiotic. Acne is stigmatized by ignorance from a lot of people in the world. Just like one of the most unhelpful pieces of advice people like to give acne sufferers..."wash your face more!" smh

MemberMember
(@khaled91)

Posted : 09/28/2014 5:09 pm

I'm 100% religious and believe in god but that was also the biggest load of bullshit I've ever read in my entire life these people aren't religious at all they just claim to be, Based on their comments they don't represent any religion I've heard of and I'm absolutely disgusted with what I saw.

leelowe1 and Arinata liked
MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 09/30/2014 3:18 am

I called Eminemback is out on another thread as using Jessica Green as an avatar, but Dreamerhigh- you are also using a fake profile pic pulled from the Internet that a lot of random average girls post to their pages, that's 5-7 months old. (Are you the same person?)

On any other anonymous site about any other topic other than appearance, this wouldn't matter, but people her are going to look the avatars of flawless skin on models that have never logged onto this site for help, and generally feel shitty that they're so far off that mark.

Not that models don't get acne, but c'mon. These are real people. I'm sure BlondieMissPartyGirl http://weheartit.com/missparty and Acne Is Satanic are not the same person. And it's not fair to represent yourself as another human being that exists.

Moderators, please put a stop to the catfishing.

Everyone else, you can go back to not feeling inferior- esp you catfishers. Be yourself.

MemberMember
(@arinata)

Posted : 01/13/2015 4:07 am

Forgive me if this makes no sense, I'm really annoyed right now.

Those aren't Christians those people are "Christians"

1.) True Christians would not boast like that. It makes me sick to read those twisted people going on about their "flawless" skin.

2.) True Christians don't need to act like that, they appear to be sounding off in order to feed some kind of sick superiority complex.

I personally think they're just bullies using the Bible as a weapon to inflict emotional pain while hiding behind the internet. It disgusts me.

It is not their place to judge people for ANY reason (be it acne, sexual orientation, or anything else) that is His job. I just hope they realize how they affect people and change before their judgement day.

The main message of the Bible is LOVE and those people are too full of hate, insecurity, and false faith to see that.

So, don't let them get to you.

MemberMember
(@arinata)

Posted : 01/13/2015 4:30 am

That is the bullying nature of religion. Religious people are full with meaningless and damaging hate. They don't see people as human anymore when those people have something that conflicts with their ideas, like gay people and, as it seems, also people with acne.

I am religious. I try love everyone. I might not always like people but I do try to see past whatever bothers me.

A lot of people in my area (Southern USA) are anti-gay and it's disgusting to me how some of them judge people. Quite a few cover the homophobia with this "hate the sin, love the sinner" and it annoys me because I'm thinking to myself, how do you hate a part of someone and then claim to love them?

People who cause emotional or physical damage using religion as their weapon disgust me.

I am Christian,

I don't care if you're atheist

I don't care if you're LGBT

I don't care if you're muslim

I don't care if you have acne (heck, I do too)

I don't care what language you speak

I don't care if you hate me because of my religion.

I just want everyone to be more tolerant and caring.

I am Christian,

I am sick of hate

I am sick of injustice

I am sick of cowardice

I am sick of homophobia

I am sick of judgement

I am Christian,

But not all "Christians" are like me.

DeLovely and leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 01/13/2015 2:02 pm

I'm on the same page as Arinata. I identify as Christian, and I believe in god.. I am also a part of the LGBT community being gay myself. There are people who preach hate and try to hide under the cover of the bible.. But as an inverse there are others who believe in the loving side of god, such as myself. Personally I find it best to just be yourself, and follow what you believe.. if everyone focused on that then there wouldn't be any conflict ;p

Melloman and DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/13/2015 8:20 pm

If anyone was interested, according to wikipedia, the website is fake and the church and the town it is supposedly a part of do not exist. With that said, no one is perfect and no one has the right to judge another. Christianity is not synonymous with hate and being a christian is about having a personal relationship with God, not church or a set of rules. True Christians try to emulate Christ which means loving and respecting everyone even if we don't agree with them.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 01/14/2015 2:52 am

Fuck'em I'm agnostic atheist anyways... the rest of america can keep wasting time on that bs if they want. You see the trick to humanity isn't to try to love everyone lol what b.s., oh no instead it's to try and be able to tolerate them. I have a lot of trouble with that, people dont like me & I don't like people

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/14/2015 11:18 am

I bet at least 6 of the 12 disciples, were they alive today, would have had acne at some point in their life.

This is silly.

I'm a proud Episcopalian, and we and other Anglicans tend (although to get Anglicans to agree on any one thing would be impressive - but totally negate the pure awesomeness that is the Church of England and its sub-denominations) to view the devil as a symbol of sin and evil, not an actual entity. So there's that.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/22/2015 8:04 am

These people are seriously ill and need help. This is why religion gets a bad name. Using moral superiority to conceal one's insecurities and spew hatred is the exact opposite of religious teaching. Having said that, I think there is some semblance of truth in the notion that living a hedonistic and unexamined life may result in acne. But this is just science. If you eat whatever you want, glutinously, promoting inflammation and leaky gut syndrome, then yes, you may experience acne. If you masturbate frequently, you may affect your hormones, which could, in turn, affect your skin. But it's different for everyone. I think ultimately if you do not treat your body with respect and adhere to a healthy sleep schedule and exercise routine and try to eat well, then yes, the effects of such may be translated onto your skin. I identify as a Catholic and I believe in God but that's about as far as my faith extends. I think it is easy to turn away from God, which the majority of my generation, including myself, have largely done. God is alone, but the devil, he is far from being alone; he sees a great deal of company; he is legion.