Notifications
Clear all

The Last Hunter/gathers On Earth Have Acne?

MemberMember
(@alicecooper)

Posted : 09/08/2014 3:52 pm

at 38 seconds in this vid:

they are foraging for honey i think.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/09/2014 12:01 pm

Kind of looked like foliculitus.

MemberMember
(@newdawn)

Posted : 09/09/2014 9:20 pm

No one is immune to acne lol. Don't let the "holistic" people fool you here, acne is a global problem not solely a disease of western culture.

Im not from the United States and have dealt with fairly severe acne almost my entire life. I am very well versed in nutrition and have tried many natural cures over the years and found absolutely no results. From my understanding acne is most a genetic disease rather than strictly "culturally induced" like some people will try to argue otherwise.

Now at 24 I'm in finally starting accutane tomorrow and am likely going to be totally rid of my acne for good that I've lived with since I was 11.

MemberMember
(@alicecooper)

Posted : 09/10/2014 2:02 am

No one is immune to acne lol. Don't let the "holistic" people fool you here, acne is a global problem not solely a disease of western culture.

Im not from the United States and have dealt with fairly severe acne almost my entire life. I am very well versed in nutrition and have tried many natural cures over the years and found absolutely no results. From my understanding acne is most a genetic disease rather than strictly "culturally induced" like some people will try to argue otherwise.

Now at 24 I'm in finally starting accutane tomorrow and am likely going to be totally rid of my acne for good that I've lived with since I was 11.

western lifestyle includes other countries other than the U.S. pretty much all of europe, some asian cultures, obviously canada, australia, all have "western" lifestyles.

but there have been studies showing that current hunter gathers dont have acne. then who the hell is this guy?

MemberMember
(@eminem-isback)

Posted : 09/10/2014 3:52 am

Interesting

MemberMember
(@newdawn)

Posted : 09/10/2014 9:15 am

western lifestyle includes other countries other than the U.S. pretty much all of europe, some asian cultures, obviously canada, australia, all have "western" lifestyles.

but there have been studies showing that current hunter gathers dont have acne. then who the hell is this guy?

How can they study every hunter-gatherer tribe? Most of these people live in remote territory.

Everyone can get acne. It's only human. How do people not understand this?

Americans look at acne as a U.S epidemic created by their SAD diet almost in an exclusive sense because its their nature to be insular (inward looking). What they don't realize is that acne is pretty much in every corner of the world. It's laughable for me to read posts saying that acne is a symptom of western greed as that's so untrue.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/10/2014 4:05 pm

^Sigh. I'm not going to bother.

MemberMember
(@alicecooper)

Posted : 09/12/2014 12:25 am

How can they study every hunter-gatherer tribe? Most of these people live in remote territory.

Americans look at acne as a U.S epidemic created by their SAD diet almost in an exclusive sense because its their nature to be insular (inward looking). What they don't realize is that acne is pretty much in every corner of the world. It's laughable for me to read posts saying that acne is a symptom of western greed as that's so untrue.

lol alternavista. i thought the same thing.

but i will put just a tad effort into addressing this retarded post.

its because acne has increased a lot and it is aggravated a lot by diet. there is much more to it than that but no one wants to waste their time on your narrow mind.

and WTF!! the chick above in red is cute as hell. You wanna go on a date? i dont have acne and im a successful bachelor living in l.a

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 09/12/2014 7:42 am

How would it evolve if it never happened during our evolution? Of course some hunter gatherers have acne. Is it as many as agriculturalists? Not even close. Is there an underlying cause? Definitely.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/14/2014 8:30 pm

lol i knew this, i already said before tht all those paleo diets r bs simply bcs those prehistoric monkeys from cave wtv they were called WERE NT A PRETTY PPL nd they didnt even live long nd ofc they werent completely perf health too nd EVERYTHING THEY ATE WAS ORGANIC nd just fresh etc yet with all the crap tht ppl eat now nowaday ppl r still better them by far, no matter how ugly they r bt they r better looking!!

nd i mean they had hair all over them nd on face lol, i wonder wht food couldve caused tht???

so basically we hv a defected system tht begun to b defected somewhere in our screwed up genetics. (which is bcs ugly n sick ppl breed too) nly way is to get personally examined n studied thoroughly in somekinda megalab n then see wht kinda stuff could react with tht condition!

i wonder how they treat tht thing in there btw, probably putting on somekinda sacred cows poop lmao!

oops i thought this abt caveman lel, nyways dun wanna brain today, fk all tht. those hunters eat organic too did u see he was licking somekinda green stick, he was hving his greens intake there, fuked up nyway ha n aint gona get no bp bcs they will discover it nly in next era or so~