Notifications
Clear all

15 Minutes Redness

MemberMember
(@savouryshad)

Posted : 09/08/2014 8:58 am

Hi everyone,

I'm using BP for at least 9 months now. In the last 2 weeks, when I apply BP, my face gets very red (on the spots I applIed the BP) for about 15 minutes and then the redness fades away and my face gets to it's normal colour. I'm not experiencing any other side effects.

Anyone knows what's happening?

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 09/08/2014 9:57 am

Has your skin gotten any source of irritation lately? Sun exposure, weather changes, etc?

MemberMember
(@savouryshad)

Posted : 09/08/2014 10:59 am

First of all, thank you for the reply.

I can't remember any change in terms of skin irritation. The major change I had in my life recently is that I increased my calorie intake in about 500 kcal, and I started supplementing with creatine, BCAA and glutamine.

Oh, and sometimes, when I'm working out, I wipe the sweat on my face with a towel, but very gently, the exact same way as I do after washing my face.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/11/2014 12:19 am

My face always goes red for about an hour after applying BP but then settles down to normal. It's strange if this has only started happening to you after such a long time of using BP.

I wonder if its anything to do with the supplements? I guess if it's dying down to normal after 15 mins it shouldn't be anything to worry about, fingers crossed!

MemberMember
(@savouryshad)

Posted : 09/11/2014 8:49 am

Oh, really Aye Aye? After doing some research I found other people claiming the same thing, they say it's just the interaction between the bp and the water in the skin.

I know that creatine retains water in muscles and probably in skin too, so maybe that's what's causing it. I will cut on creatine and see what happens.

Thinking again, I think I had this same reaction for a couple of weeks, 3 or 4 months ago.

Anyway, thank you for the replies. Wish you all the best.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/11/2014 7:51 pm

It will be interesting to see if cutting out the creatine works. Let us know how you get on.