Male With Extremely...

Notifications
Clear all

Male With Extremely Oily Skin!

MemberMember
(@tony84)

Posted : 09/05/2014 12:49 pm

Hey people, I'm a 29 yr old male who has suffered from oily skin for at least 10 years! I usually have 3-4 white head type spots at any one time and a few unsightly red blemishes with the occasional cystic type spot. I have visited my doc a couple of times but that is generally a waste of time as all he says is its probably high testosterone and there's nothing I can do but live with it....I cannot just accept this! Recently I have been getting more and more stressed about it which I don't think helps. I have tried the b5 mega dose which helps a little but my hair started to thin so I stopped. I was wondering if any males out there have tried saw palmetto or/and milk thistle with any positive results? Any feedback would be great! I am currently awaiting delivery of both but I'm still a little hesitant to try them as I've read they can cause some feminisation? Please don't tell me I will have wrinkle free skin when older! I want to live my life now not then! I'm forever avoiding social events etc as I look like I'm ill and I shine like a fecking beacon! For the record....I smoke cannabis, usually a j a day.....could this be causing it? I don't really drink alcohol, I wash with simple soap at night and warm water in the morning. Please feel free to ask for any additional info if required. Once again, any help from my fellow oily slicks would be great! Thanks. P's I live in England if that is relevant!

MemberMember
(@vincevega)

Posted : 09/06/2014 6:22 am

Hello mate,

Have a look around in the rest of the oily skin forum, there's a couple of good threads on "proven" solutions for oily skin (I made one and a fella called fredthebelgian made a couple too).

The one currently being tested by a couple of us is an "overdose" of vitamin A.

Anyway I can guarantee you it's not because you smoke da herb

MemberMember
(@tony84)

Posted : 09/07/2014 5:47 pm

Cheers for the reply vince, I'll check out the forums....vit a overdose is similar to accutane I think & will probably rob me of my remaining hair!! Glad you don't think it's the herb! Just wish I could find the cause of my shitty skin

MemberMember
(@givehug)

Posted : 09/27/2014 12:41 am

Same here. Male 27. Same skin.

Starting zinc + d3 + beta carotene today. I do have high testosterone prob because I am full beard in a week after shaving. The other thing that makes me crazy is that because of all the cleansing products my skin becomes dry and wrinkly with oil layer on top, the worst feeling. And if I moisturize forehead or nose it becomes acne mess the next day, so I gonna try water only regimen as well.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 09/27/2014 10:56 am

It's not a cure or anything but you could try putting regular formula Milk of magnesia right on your face. It will stop oil. I would still look into fixing it internally but this would help for now.

MemberMember
(@usar718)

Posted : 10/08/2014 12:09 am

Reduce ejaculation frequency, this will get rid of oily skin(and clear acne).

MemberMember
(@tony84)

Posted : 10/15/2014 3:23 pm

Thanks for the replies guys & apologies for my late response! I've been kinda depressed recently and constantly searching forums for a "cure" seems to make thinks worse! Givehug.....have you had any success with zinc, d3 & beta carotene? Also, I feel your pain with the tight, dry but oily skin! Psychokitty....great name! I've heard of the milk of magnesia but always been a bit wary to try....have you used it before? Any idea how long it will hold off the oil for? Usar718! Strangely enough I do believe there is a bit of truth in this as when us males are "empty" I guess our bodies create more testosterone to aid the "refill" although, what would you class as too frequent? Also, just a quick update..... i didn't really notice a difference with the milk thistle, but it didn't do any harm after a couple of weeks. I did however seem to develop seborrhoeic dermatitis after about a week on saw palmetto so I stopped taking it, but I'm not sure it was the trigger (probably more stress related) although, in my search for an aid to seborrhoeic dermatitis I discovered washing face with sea salt seems to help a little with the spots but not oil (maybe worth a try for some of you) in the meantime I'll try to stay positive and continue my quest! (Next step is to buy a face tanner to help with the spots ) Again, thanks for the replies.....They really do help!

MemberMember
(@givehug)

Posted : 10/16/2014 7:19 am

d3+omega3+carothene+zinc seems to reduce oil, I would say like 30% maybe even more. I blot now 2-4 times a day.

As I started water only, my skin is no more dry, but Seb derm got worse. So now I try selsun shampoo on the seb derm areas. No results yet after a few days.

MemberMember
(@tony84)

Posted : 10/17/2014 5:34 am

Thanks givehug & I hope this keeps working and gets better for you. Please keep us updated with your success. I've just this min received a face tanning lamp thing, hopefully this kills some spots and maybe reduce my oil.....I'll be back with an update in a week or so.

MemberMember
(@givehug)

Posted : 10/17/2014 5:56 am

BTW washed my whole face with selsun yesterday, and my skin is "dry'n'oily" back again today. I almost forgot this feeling. Only water from now on!