Notifications
Clear all

Aha+ Purge?

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 08/24/2014 12:03 pm

Hi all,

I just added AHA+ into the regimen; I used1/2 moisturizer and 1/2 AHA+. I woke up this morning with a nasty cyst on my cheek. I haven't had a cyst like this in months. I just wanted to know if anyone has experience increased breakouts with AHA+ when first adding it to the regimen? I would assume this is normal because tazorac does the same thing. I don't know though, any tips or advice?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/25/2014 4:45 am

If you just used AHA that one time. chances are it wasn't the cause of the breakout. Acne actually takes time to form and notice on the skin. From my experience with AHA, I didn't experience any purging.

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 08/25/2014 10:53 am

thanks for the reply :) would you recommend using AHA+ 2-3 times a week with moisturizer when introducing it to your skin?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/25/2014 6:08 pm

thanks for the reply 🙂 would you recommend using AHA+ 2-3 times a week with moisturizer when introducing it to your skin?

I second what nicmic said. As far as getting you skin used to the AHA. I would start using it every 2 to 3 days until your skin gets used to it. Maybe after a couple of weeks start using it every other day if you skin is handling it well. Then I think it's safe to move to using it daily if your liking the results. I love the AHA. I'm not using The Regimen as a treatment, I don't react well to BP. I do use the AHA every night though and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Really cleared up my hyper pigmentation quickly, also gives my skin a nice glow!

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 08/25/2014 8:54 pm

Thank you :) all