Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whereismymind

Feeling Stupid... Could Use Some Positive Support

I've gotten chemical peels twice before (vitalize peels). The last time was two months ago. I had a pretty serious reaction to that one about a week after the peel (when I started using my acne meds again). This time I'm already having a reaction and I haven't even peeled yet! It's not terrible- itchy with redness and small itchy bumps. I had the peel done early yesterday morning and these problems showed up this afternoon.

My question is- has anyone else found their skin was just too sensitive for chemical peels? Also, do you think if I use cortisone cream for a couple days it will help? I have it from last time this happened.

I'm also using only cetaphil cleanser and cream moisturizer. Fortunately since I'm not working right now I can hide completely from the sun all week.

I'd love to hear from others who have had similar experienced and can give me hope!

I start a new job in ten days and I'm worried about it!

Use a more emollient moisturizer than Cetaphil, it will speed the peeling process (Cetaphil really just sits on the skin.) Try a pure oil, coconut, even vitamin E. Don't rub it in.

I frequently break out under peels, it's a hazard of stimulating your skin and then having a layer of dead, dry skin over it.

You're only on day 2. On Day 5 if you leave it alone til then and exfoliate with Freeman's Charcoal Sugar or something like it (without glycolic/salicylic,) it could be a different story when your peeling gets going.