Notifications
Clear all

Help Me

MemberMember
(@savannahclarke)

Posted : 08/23/2014 6:01 pm

I've had acne for years little colourless bumps on every inch of my forehead, then random white heads. I've tried attacking it from the outside and it's not working. I'm hoping someone that has cleared their forehead acne by eating proper food and drinking water will read this and help! I heard it takes about 3 months to get completely flawless skin. But I'm willing to stick with it if I know it will help me. Btw, as of now I have a very poor diet. Pop, candy, cookies, chips fast food every day. I never drink water it's horrible.

MemberMember
(@dreamerhigh)

Posted : 08/23/2014 7:00 pm

i actually dont want to help you in the fact that you could just look up a diet

First of yes those bad food your eating are gonna show up on your skin stop

eat healthy and drink water think of water as you internall mousterizer also go to [Removed] look up how diet effects acne and all that im not gonna sit here and reseaerc it for you ._. i mean really._.

MemberMember
(@brianneg)

Posted : 08/23/2014 7:55 pm

Adopting a healthier diet than that will help you in far more ways than just helping your skin. I highly suggest looking into making healthy changes. You'll feel better in all areas of your life, and it's likely to show in your skin.

Best of luck to you.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/23/2014 8:13 pm

yea water rly sucks xD they say u gotta drink 2 l a day bt im like sick of couple sips

MemberMember
(@savannahclarke)

Posted : 08/23/2014 9:37 pm

On 8/24/2014 at 6:00 AM, iusetobepretty said:

eat healthy and drink water think of water as you internall mousterizer also go to [Removed] look up how diet effects acne and all that im not gonna sit here and reseaerc it for you ._. i mean really._.

Lol I already have done tons of research on healthy eating, I have a meal prep plan. If you understood my post you'd know I wasn't asking for a diet plan. I was asking if anyone with forehead acne has done it? And how it worked out for them. But thanks for your rude comment )

On 8/24/2014 at 6:55 AM, BrianneG said:

Adopting a healthier diet than that will help you in far more ways than just helping your skin. I highly suggest looking into making healthy changes. You'll feel better in all areas of your life, and it's likely to show in your skin.

Best of luck to you.

I'm thinking that too. Whether it works for my acne or not eating healthier is a good idea. I always feel sluggish and lazy because of it.

Thank you!

On 8/24/2014 at 7:13 AM, =shiki said:

yea water rly sucks xD they say u gotta drink 2 l a day bt im like sick of couple sips

Haha i've never liked it either.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 08/26/2014 2:02 pm

Well, start by quitting the soft drinks and any other sugary drink.. Today. Most juices are high sugar btw.

Water is not horrible. But you can make teas, add a squeeze of lemon, mint sprigs, basil, cucumber slices, ginger, etc.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/27/2014 10:31 am

^ all of tht still tastes hella meh or yuck even unless u at least add a proper sugar dose!

MemberMember
(@brianneg)

Posted : 08/27/2014 10:40 am

^ all of tht still tastes hella meh or yuck even unless u at least add a proper sugar dose!

You can retrain your taste buds actually. If you're used to a bunch of sugar, yeah, it would taste pretty meh.

If you actually want to drink more water, you could start by diluting fruit juice with some water, then over the course of time mix more water and less juice until it's only water. Just a suggestion, hope it helps.

MemberMember
(@quinnmorgendorffer)

Posted : 08/28/2014 7:43 am

On 8/24/2014 at 6:00 AM, dreamerhigh said:

why even respond to the post then? ._.i mean really._.

as if anyone is forcing you to research diet for them....

try to contain ur bad attitude please.

MemberMember
(@somethingsomething123)

Posted : 08/29/2014 12:28 pm

Well, start by quitting the soft drinks and any other sugary drink.. Today. Most juices are high sugar btw.

Water is not horrible. But you can make teas, add a squeeze of lemon, mint sprigs, basil, cucumber slices, ginger, etc.

Please just stop already. You've been spreading ridiculous generalizations, misconceptions, and just plain lies for what, 5 years now? Advice like this is expected from a 2009 post, but now that we have a better understanding of acne, there is no excuse for it.

The fact of the matter is that acne is STRICTLY hormonal, and while certain foods, such as dairy, may sway hormones slightly, it does not affect hormones significantly enough to cause persistent acne.

If acne were truly the result of an unclean diet, why are there so many exceptions? There are MANY people in the world that eat like pigs, yet have flawless skin. Why is their skin magically unaffected by their diet, yet for self conscious acne-riddled teenagers, it is completely their fault for not eating like a fitness freak? There are countless inconsistencies within the theory that acne is caused by a poor diet, and the only "evidence" that has ever been presented in favor of that theory, is purely anecdotal, with no scientific basis at all. Naturally, you can't account for the people that follow a strict, healthy, and clean diet RELIGIOUSLY and still have terrible acne.

Now, on the other hand, the theory that acne is caused by an imbalance of hormones is VERY consistent. We observe the evidence every day. We see it in school, specifically in middle school through high school, around the same time that kids start hitting puberty, and hormones are completely out of control. Women observe it every week before their period, when their hormones fluctuate, and they break out. We also observe it in studies, such as in a study that found men, who naturally have higher testosterone than woman, are also more likely to have acne. We observe it in steroid abuse, where an absurd amount of testosterone causes EXTREME acne. Women with PCOS are also, you guessed it, prone to acne.

The fact of the matter is you CANNOT cure acne by just eating healthy. That is one of the most ridiculous claims I've ever heard. It's the equivalent of telling someone with an extreme mental disorder that its just "all in their head" and they should just "stop feeling that way." Diet and acne are completely unrelated, with the only exception being dairy, as cattle are pumped full of growth hormones. Yet even considering that exception, cutting dairy out of your diet will not cure your acne, because it is not the root cause, it is just a slight antagonist.

The root cause of acne has always been and always will be an imbalance of hormones, and there is NOTHING a clean diet or strict exercise regimen can do to truly fix that. The only other arguable cause for acne is extremely poor hygiene, however, the level of poor hygiene that would be required to cause persistent acne is very unrealistic, and it is almost never the case.

Taking into consideration those who just have a few pimples here and there, that is not likely due to a hormonal imbalance, because it's completely normal for people to get slight breakouts. Even if your hormones are balanced, you are still producing sebum, and will still get a clogged pore here and there, just not to the extent of someone with extreme sebum production. You will never be able to avoid acne 100%, but it can be reduced to insignificant levels.

The only highly effective natural remedies for acne would be steaming and masking. Steaming expands the pores, and then masks, made up of such things as bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar, help to pull out any excess/build up of dirt and oil. There are also "natural" hormone supplements such as Vitex and Saw Palmetto that help to properly regulate certain hormones, thus treating certain acne. The best thing you can do for your acne is to get your hormone levels tested, then work to balance them.

It has little to nothing to do with your diet, and a clean diet will not cure acne. Ever.

MemberMember
(@brianneg)

Posted : 08/30/2014 11:50 pm

Please just stop already. You've been spreading ridiculous generalizations, misconceptions, and just plain lies for what, 5 years now? Advice like this is expected from a 2009 post, but now that we have a better understanding of acne, there is no excuse for it.

The fact of the matter is that acne is STRICTLY hormonal, and while certain foods, such as dairy, may sway hormones slightly, it does not affect hormones significantly enough to cause persistent acne.

If acne were truly the result of an unclean diet, why are there so many exceptions? There are MANY people in the world that eat like pigs, yet have flawless skin. Why is their skin magically unaffected by their diet, yet for self conscious acne-riddled teenagers, it is completely their fault for not eating like a fitness freak? There are countless inconsistencies within the theory that acne is caused by a poor diet, and the only "evidence" that has ever been presented in favor of that theory, is purely anecdotal, with no scientific basis at all. Naturally, you can't account for the people that follow a strict, healthy, and clean diet RELIGIOUSLY and still have terrible acne.

Now, on the other hand, the theory that acne is caused by an imbalance of hormones is VERY consistent. We observe the evidence every day. We see it in school, specifically in middle school through high school, around the same time that kids start hitting puberty, and hormones are completely out of control. Women observe it every week before their period, when their hormones fluctuate, and they break out. We also observe it in studies, such as in a study that found men, who naturally have higher testosterone than woman, are also more likely to have acne. We observe it in steroid abuse, where an absurd amount of testosterone causes EXTREME acne. Women with PCOS are also, you guessed it, prone to acne.

The fact of the matter is you CANNOT cure acne by just eating healthy. That is one of the most ridiculous claims I've ever heard. It's the equivalent of telling someone with an extreme mental disorder that its just "all in their head" and they should just "stop feeling that way." Diet and acne are completely unrelated, with the only exception being dairy, as cattle are pumped full of growth hormones. Yet even considering that exception, cutting dairy out of your diet will not cure your acne, because it is not the root cause, it is just a slight antagonist.

The root cause of acne has always been and always will be an imbalance of hormones, and there is NOTHING a clean diet or strict exercise regimen can do to truly fix that. The only other arguable cause for acne is extremely poor hygiene, however, the level of poor hygiene that would be required to cause persistent acne is very unrealistic, and it is almost never the case.

Taking into consideration those who just have a few pimples here and there, that is not likely due to a hormonal imbalance, because it's completely normal for people to get slight breakouts. Even if your hormones are balanced, you are still producing sebum, and will still get a clogged pore here and there, just not to the extent of someone with extreme sebum production. You will never be able to avoid acne 100%, but it can be reduced to insignificant levels.

The only highly effective natural remedies for acne would be steaming and masking. Steaming expands the pores, and then masks, made up of such things as bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar, help to pull out any excess/build up of dirt and oil. There are also "natural" hormone supplements such as Vitex and Saw Palmetto that help to properly regulate certain hormones, thus treating certain acne. The best thing you can do for your acne is to get your hormone levels tested, then work to balance them.

It has little to nothing to do with your diet, and a clean diet will not cure acne. Ever.

Respectfully, I'm not sure if you understand the role of hormones in the human body. To say that what you eat doesn't affect your hormones is entirely incorrect. Your entire digestive system relies on hormones.

In fact, pretty much all biological functions rely on hormones. To cheat and use Wikipedia's explanation "Hormones are signaling chemicals and used to communicate between organs and tissues to regulate physiological and behavioral activities, such as digestion, metabolism, respiration, tissue function, sensory perception, sleep, excretion, lactation, stress, growth and development, movement, reproduction, and mood."

I think that covers just about everything, no? Hormones are fascinating things. Their relationships with each other are very complex - but to simplify, if one is too high or too low, it directly affects the release of at least one other to compensate.

For example, and to stay on topic, when it comes to food and hormones, aside from the hormones secreted to signal the stomach, pancreas, liver, gallbladder, etc., insulin is the most obvious hormone affected by diet.

High levels of insulin - and usually it's friend, insulin like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), can stimulate the synthesis of androgens, of which testosterone is one, the big bad bullies of acne. Not only that, insulin can cause receptors in the skin to become more sensitive to androgens. There is also some evidence showing a connection between high insulin levels and increased skin cell growth.

With just that small example, it takes no stretch of the imagination to see that diet can indeed play a role in acne. It does not directly cause it, no, but technically neither do hormones. Hormones are only signals after all. Often they just say "on" or "off" and the processes that result from those signals lead to acne.

Another point about diet, there is plenty of evidence showing how certain diets can lead to systemic inflammation. High sugar diets, for example. If your body is overloaded by trying to fight inflammation, it leaves your system weak and less able to combat inflammation of the skin. So again, that's not the diet causing acne, but the foods you eat can either help or hinder your immune system, which can in turn affect how well your skin can heal.

That being said, diet certainly isn't likely to be the only factor. I would agree with you that it's unlikely that a "clean" diet will cure acne. Afterall, a bad diet isn't causing acne. But overall health and well being can absolutely help. You have to consider that many things are usually at play. Stress for example, and it's affects on hormones - most notably cortisol, which also has a relationship with androgens, should also be considered. Being physically active can help with hormone regulation and increase circulation, which can lead to increased tissue repair as well as reduce systemic inflammation.

Finally, to address your statement "There are MANY people in the world that eat like pigs, yet have flawless skin," that's because not everyone is genetically predisposed to be prone to acne. To simplify, those of us who have acne well past our teenage years have skin that functions differently than those who do not. We are more sensitive to contributing factors and we have more things working against us (oilier skin, larger pores, more prone to inflammation, more sensitive to bacteria and hormones, to name a few). It's the same reason why one person can eat anything they want and never gain weight, while another cannot - their bodies just function differently. Skin is no different.

Just to sum up, to say that "diet and acne are completely unrelated" is to underestimate how the body works as a whole. When you begin to understand the biological connections of all the systems of your body, it's easier to understand how a problem, weakness, or vulnerability in one area can affect another.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/31/2014 5:54 pm

You can retrain your taste buds actually. If you're used to a bunch of sugar, yeah, it would taste pretty meh.

If you actually want to drink more water, you could start by diluting fruit juice with some water, then over the course of time mix more water and less juice until it's only water. Just a suggestion, hope it helps.

btw does juice counts as a liquid? like its said to drink 2 l of water a day. if i drink 2 l of juice is the effect of hidrating the same? just ignore sugar for a moment bt is there nything else to juice? i like to drink 100% oringe juice (its clean etc, nothing added) bt theres some pulp/fibers in it

also liquid from soup/broth does it also counts?