Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myhairyaunt

Hollow Unfulfilling Effect

Ive been feeling really depressed lately, more so than in the past. The sort of feeling where I feel like the only thing that has held me back all these years career and relationship-wise is my acne. The lack of self confidence and self esteem I exude is painfully obvious to others. Ive had acne since I was 14 and I'm almost 30 now and I feel like I've been held back in life and haven't gotten to experience any happiness through these years. I'm pretty much a recluse and a social hermit. Part of me want to be social and engaging but pyschologically I feel inferior to other because of the way I look. It's a frustrating feeling knowing what my obstacles are but have no control on how to conquer it. I know I will never be confident enough to be 'normal' as long as I have acne no matter how hard I try. I think it's because I'm approaching 30 that I had time to self reflect and take a look at where I'm at and feel a pointless hollow existence in my life.

Ive been feeling really depressed lately, more so than in the past. The sort of feeling where I feel like the only thing that has held me back all these years career and relationship-wise is my acne. The lack of self confidence and self esteem I exude is painfully obvious to others. Ive had acne since I was 14 and I'm almost 30 now and I feel like I've been held back in life and haven't gotten to experience any happiness through these years. I'm pretty much a recluse and a social hermit. Part of me want to be social and engaging but pyschologically I feel inferior to other because of the way I look. It's a frustrating feeling knowing what my obstacles are but have no control on how to conquer it. I know I will never be confident enough to be 'normal' as long as I have acne no matter how hard I try. I think it's because I'm approaching 30 that I had time to self reflect and take a look at where I'm at and feel a pointless hollow existence in my life.

I feel ya man, I am 20 and have avoided all of my friends over the past year. Classes start again next week and I am dreading it. But what can we do? I'm not going to tell you that people don't care about how you look, because some people do. But I know that most people will be your friend regardless of how you look. If you are a good, caring person,they will see you for who you are.

I feel ya man, I am 20 and have avoided all of my friends over the past year. Classes start again next week and I am dreading it. But what can we do? I'm not going to tell you that people don't care about how you look, because some people do. But I know that most people will be your friend regardless of how you look. If you are a good, caring person,they will see you for who you are.

You're right, but alas I am my own worst critic. What you say is true, but you will have to have a helluvah personality people for people to look past the exterior. You will have to work 10x harder than say a person who is a attractive and can make a good first impression by the grace of their looks.

You're right, but alas I am my own worst critic. What you say is true, but you will have to have a helluvah personality people for people to look past the exterior. You will have to work 10x harder than say a person who is a attractive and can make a good first impression by the grace of their looks.

Not necessarily 10x harder. No way. I really think personality goes a long way no matter what, I believe a person would be more attracted to a woman or man who had an amazing personality with acne other than a complete bitch or ass**** with no acne.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Wheb my acne was at its WORST and my confidence was soo shattered the last thing I ever thought to happen was to make someone fall in love with me. It happens and it will happen with you..you just need some self confidence and belief that YOU are WORTHY person worthy of love and happiness regardless of acne. ]

Not necessarily 10x harder. No way. I really think personality goes a long way no matter what, I believe a person would be more attracted to a woman or man who had an amazing personality with acne other than a complete bitch or ass**** with no acne.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Wheb my acne was at its WORST and my confidence was soo shattered the last thing I ever thought to happen was to make someone fall in love with me. It happens and it will happen with you..you just need some self confidence and belief that YOU are WORTHY person worthy of love and happiness regardless of acne. ]

Thanks for the words of encouragement.