Notifications
Clear all

Expired Bp?

MemberMember
(@klm15)

Posted : 08/14/2014 11:02 am

I've been using BP for a long time and my skin is very accustomed to it, but lately I've been getting a dry rash-like patch on my forehead and now in other small areas aswell. I was chalking it up to a reaction from new products I was trying, however I've discontinued the use of those products and the rashes continue to live only in the places I put the BP.

The expiration date on the bottom reads September 2014, which is next month. It isn't quite expired yet, but my giant bottle has been open for years. Could this be irritation from the (almost expired) BP? I've ordered a new tube but it won't arrive for another few weeks.

Has anyone else had this experience from using expired BP?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/14/2014 11:05 am

I've been using BP for a long time and my skin is very accustomed to it, but lately I've been getting a dry rash-like patch on my forehead and now in other small areas aswell. I was chalking it up to a reaction from new products I was trying, however I've discontinued the use of those products and the rashes continue to live only in the places I put the BP.

The expiration date on the bottom reads September 2014, which is next month. It isn't quite expired yet, but my giant bottle has been open for years. Could this be irritation from the (almost expired) BP? I've ordered a new tube but it won't arrive for another few weeks.

Has anyone else had this experience from using expired BP?

maybe your skin is getting too thin from it or not moisturizing enough

MemberMember
(@klm15)

Posted : 08/14/2014 11:36 am

maybe your skin is getting too thin from it or not moisturizing enough

Unfortunately it's possible it's getting too thin. I got a couple sunburns this earlier summer and a couple years ago I definitely did notice my skin starting to change with age. I washed my face again just now (which I avoid doing due to over-irritation) and reapplied my moisturizer without the BP. Was always too scared to ever go off BP but it looks like I might be forced to try it now. Thanks for your suggestion. I'll see what happens!