Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sky13

Bad Reaction To Bare Minerals?

Ive always used a liquid foundation but Ive heard so many good things about BM I decided to give it a shot and Ive seen a lot of little bumps appear, not comedones but what I call texture bumps. Could this be because of the foundation?

And has anyone else had problems with mineral makeup?

The bismuth oxychloride in it could be irritating you. It is a common irritant for many. You could try another mineral makeup without that like alima, everyday minerals, or meow cosmetics.

Oh okay I have never heard of that thank you for your reply. Yeah Ill have to look at another mineral foundation, just strange seen as BM is advertised as a more healthy option for your skin but now I guess not.

Happened to me, too! What a load of crock that healing/sensitive sales pitch was! I haven't tried another mineral foundation since, but am glad paigems knows what's up.

Wow I cant believe how many of you experienced this too, just when my skin was doing okay as well . I have looked and the matte version of the bareminerals doesnt have that chemical in it, would I be okay to use that? Or just stay away from bareminerals altogether?

I would just stay clear of that BM. tried it years ago.. got the kit at Ulta.. had these same little bumps (superficial pore blocks).. I would exfoliate w AHA.. gave away the rest to someone who's skin is not that sensitive.. I thought their foundation was too yellowy and looks like you are wearing well ... a foundation too.. all marketing hype.. tried L'oreal mineral foundation a same year too.. broke me out.. threw it out (and I don't throw much stuff) .. PUR minerals was perfect for me (almost same price w/o the messy loose powder too) after I thought that mineral make up was no good.. I recently got L'oreal true match mineral powder.. so far so good too (same company that makes dermablend BTW, almost (almost) same good consistency but much cheaper ($11-13) versus $30.. coverage is buildable and there is plenty of range..