Notifications
Clear all

Acne Appearing Within Hours - Hormonal Or Allergy?

MemberMember
(@rocklerm78)

Posted : 08/03/2014 9:32 pm

My skin has never been great, but it was clear after taking round 1 of Accutane about 5 years ago. Then, I had a baby and my skin has been crap for two years. I even took round two of Accutane, which did nothing. My cheeks get the deep zits, my forehead lots of little, whitehead stuff. Or just big red bumps that go nowhere. Recently, new acne appears round the clock - four new giant zits cropped up today while I was running errands. I've tried Spironolactone, minocyclene, benz perox, Proactiv, Obagi, Differin gel and cream, you name it. Nothing has worked! I can't take BCP. I'm wondering if this is horrible hormonal acne or an allergy? I haven't changed much about my diet in years (and during part of that time did have Accutane forced clear skin). I do know my Vit D levels are low and I have a mild dairy allergy. I don't know how long to take Vit D before seeing possible results, or cutting out dairy before my face calms down, if that is a root cause. I can't figure this out, my dermatologist isn't helping and I'm waiting on lab results from an endocrinologist. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 08/05/2014 7:08 pm

Google "folliculitis" and see if that resembles your "acne." Sometimes what looks like acne isn't.