Notifications
Clear all

Emotional Wreck

MemberMember
(@jsm1894)

Posted : 07/21/2014 10:59 am

Sometimes it just feels like it's never going to get better. Four months into accutane and I'm forced to stop because of bowel issues. My family knows I'm depressed but they fail to realize that it is strictly because of my face. They keep trying to tell me my face isn't that bad but I am not blind. I've sheltered myself from my friends, I've stopped working out. Not to mention I refuse to go out and shadow doctors which is going to result in me not getting into medical school. I wish this would just end, I already know that my life savings is going to be spent on scar treatment once this active acne finally ends. Will I ever be happy? Will someone ever fall in love with me?

MemberMember
(@thebigbernard)

Posted : 07/21/2014 11:28 am

You're planning to go into medical school and you can't even handle acne? Really?

If you want to stay inside and do nothing, then by all means do so. There are so many qualified applicants with and without acne that I find it hard to really sympathize with you.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/21/2014 2:31 pm

You're planning to go into medical school and you can't even handle acne? Really?

If you want to stay inside and do nothing, then by all means do so. There are so many qualified applicants with and without acne that I find it hard to really sympathize with you.

I get the tough love approach but this statement is counterproductive. A little empathy goes a long way. Different issues affect people differently. Hopefully you'll never have to be on the other side of the coin

Sometimes it just feels like it's never going to get better. Four months into accutane and I'm forced to stop because of bowel issues. My family knows I'm depressed but they fail to realize that it is strictly because of my face. They keep trying to tell me my face isn't that bad but I am not blind. I've sheltered myself from my friends, I've stopped working out. Not to mention I refuse to go out and shadow doctors which is going to result in me not getting into medical school. I wish this would just end, I already know that my life savings is going to be spent on scar treatment once this active acne finally ends. Will I ever be happy? Will someone ever fall in love with me?

I've been there and I am there -still not finding a solution for my acne. List what you have tried. Also, keep in mind that weight lifting can exasperate acne.

Hang in there

MemberMember
(@jsm1894)

Posted : 07/22/2014 11:01 am

I get the tough love approach but this statement is counterproductive. A little empathy goes a long way. Different issues affect people differently. Hopefully you'll never have to be on the other side of the coin

I've been there and I am there -still not finding a solution for my acne. List what you have tried. Also, keep in mind that weight lifting can exasperate acne.

Hang in there

Well two years ago they started me off with a clindamycin gel, and later I was prescribed minocycline. Then I began a clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide mixture. After that I was prescribed differ and then epiduo. Retin A cleared me up last summer but once I returned to school the breakouts began. Decided to try the regimen for a few months, when that didn't work I was prescribed accutane. Now it's been about a week since I was taken off of that, since it was cut one month short due to bowel problems.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/22/2014 11:44 am

I am sorry to hear that. You sound a lot like me in terms of things you've tried. The one thing i didn't see mentioned was diet changes. They never worked for me but I think if people have never tried it then they should give it a go. Maybe give up Dairy for 3 months or go paleo for the same period of time