Notifications
Clear all

Aha?

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 07/14/2014 1:28 am

Just wondering how people got on with Dan's AHA. Would this help with congested/clogged pores/blackheads etc?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/14/2014 5:17 am

I loved AHA because it helped with dryness and some marks but for clogged pores, i would look more into BHA as it can cut through oil (AHA does not)

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 07/14/2014 7:28 am

Thanks Leelowe, thing is I already use a salicylic acid face wash and it doesn't seem to be doing the trick anymore :/ thinking that an AHA will help step it up a gear and exfoliate stuff away?

MemberMember
(@wowcmon)

Posted : 07/26/2014 8:40 pm

AHA wont help ur blackheads. U need BHA for that.

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 07/27/2014 6:02 am

AHA is great for reducing dark spots left by the aftermath of pimples.

didn't help much with my blackheads

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/28/2014 1:14 am

AHA helped with my blackheads and under-skin bumps. Perhaps as others have suggested above BHA's may work better for this purpose but for me personally, AHA worked really well to get my skin smooth, blackhead and bump free (along with BP that is).

MissSac17 liked
MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 07/28/2014 3:48 pm

I have used a BHA before from Paula's choice but it did not agree with my skin.

For the past 9 months I have used 2 different salicylic acid cleansers with good results...just the past few months things seem to be declining.

I am going to try the Priori AHA line and see how I get on with that, but I am still using BP, keep thinking its doing more harm than good sometimes though. Obviously a retinoid would probably be advantageous but I am petrified of the IB so going to stick with OTC AHA's atm.