Notifications
Clear all

Is It Safe To Take Fermented Cod Liver Oil?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 07/04/2014 1:29 pm

I'm interested in trying fermented cod liver oil to see if it helps my acne and oily skin. Do you guys think it's safe to take FCLO regularly? I'm worried about vitamin a and vitamin D toxicity, but some people seem to have no problem.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/04/2014 1:42 pm

It should be fine. I bought it a few months back but stopped as according to an allergy test, I have a high intolerance to cod. The benefits I hear are really good too!

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 07/04/2014 2:22 pm

It should be fine. I bought it a few months back but stopped as according to an allergy test, I have a high intolerance to cod. The benefits I hear are really good too!

So were you not on it long enough to see any benefits?

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 07/08/2014 5:06 am

I've bought a really good brand of it recently. Should be arriving in 3 days! From what I've read it's extremely good for acne skin and is a natural form of vitamin A And will not be toxic to you. Well shouldn't be anyway, I read that only synthetic forms of vitamin A are toxic on very high amounts and to equate the amount that you get with Accutane you'd probably die taking such high amounts.

Fermented cod liver oil is very good for you unless your allergic.

MemberMember
(@sydboi)

Posted : 07/08/2014 7:00 pm

Hi,

From what I have read, as long as you take recommended dosage, it should be fine. Just check with a health care practitioner.

In regards to its effect on acne...I was taking it for a few months, and saw absolutely no decrease in my cysts, clogged pores, or anything. I still take another cod liver oil now for its health benefits, but I don't expect any help with my acne. Again, this is my experience, it may help you and others.

Take care,

:)