Notifications
Clear all

My New Diet....please Post Suggestions

MemberMember
(@sue7)

Posted : 07/01/2014 1:15 pm

Hello.!

After all research i have finally made my new diet which i am already following, it goes:-

breakfast - 1 egg, chickpea pancake (20 g chickpea), fruits

lunch - vegetables-cooked and salad (from green leafy vegetables to all the other available) ,lentils/pulses/beans(all low gl)

evening - fruits, some vegetables, 1 small potato (for calories, i will try to replace it with sweet potato)

dinner - vegetables-cooked and salad (from green leafy vegetables to all the other available) ,lentils/pulses/beans(all low gl)

also some nuts like walnuts, almonds, cashew( appr. 80-100 calories )

the cooking oil for now is vegetable oil, will try to replace it with olive oil.

for non-vegetable, i only eat chicken, organic is not available and it is also not eaten everyday, only like 2 twice a month or so, will try to add it.

i think i might add some brown rice like 50 g or so for one time.

my height is 5.3ft and 115lbs and

daily calorie intake = 1500 cal (appro.)

gl per meal = 25-30(i think it is low)

omega 3 = 1gm, omega 6 = 8(vegetable oil), 5(olive oil) 1:8/1:5

i think i will need fish oil capsules , zinc supplement and vitamin D3.

Any advice on supplements??, Anything else i could do?? Any other advice??

Thank you in advance

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 07/01/2014 4:01 pm

Replace the veggie oil with olive oil

Also make sure nuts don't break you out! They break me out so I stay away from them. Everyone is different and you might still need to eliminate some stuff even though your diet is low GL.

And chickpea pancake..hmm.. is that low GL? I know chickpeas are in general.

I checked your older posts and you were concerned about whole wheat bread. I don't think it gives me major break outs because I have it everyday even though it is high GI. But I make sure I have it with a lot of eggs or ground beef or chicken and hummus and veggies which I think reduces its overall GL impact.

White rice used to break me out so its good you eliminated that. Again everyone is diff so can't be sure if it will break you out, you should try adding it back later on and see what happens.

I have lived in India and I know some south asian spices break me out. Usually all the chilli peppers! because they contain capsaicin and I think i react to that. But garlic and ginger don't break me out. I have them everyday!

Potatoes have a high GL so be careful. I've read about people breaking out from sweet potatoes too but I have not tried it myself.

Im not sure about cinnamon and turmeric but you need to look into it! They are not supposed to give you acne but I have my doubts because I think I react to them sometimes.

Try cutting the hot peppers out.You never know, that may be causing your acne. I noticed a huge improvement in mine when I cut them out!

Just follow your diet for a couple of weeks and remove hot peppers and potatoes and see if you notice any difference. If you do, try adding them back one by one and see how you respond.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/01/2014 5:41 pm

I'd replace the veggie oil with coconut oil for cooking. Isn't that more common there anyway?

Sweet potatoes are a great food for your skin. Do replace the rice with them often.

Those supplements are good.

Is the chicken you have access to raised entirely in barns without going outdoors and fed entirely of grains? If not, and they do roam outdoors eating weeds and insects, go for it.

The organic certification program in the US has a lot of nonsense. Especially when it comes to chickens. Free roaming hens scratching for insects, worms and even rodents is preferable to US certified organic in which the hens are fed unnatural food. Chickens are not vegetarians.

MemberMember
(@sue7)

Posted : 07/01/2014 8:00 pm

Replace the veggie oil with olive oil

Also make sure nuts don't break you out! They break me out so I stay away from them. Everyone is different and you might still need to eliminate some stuff even though your diet is low GL.

And chickpea pancake..hmm.. is that low GL? I know chickpeas are in general.

I checked your older posts and you were concerned about whole wheat bread. I don't think it gives me major break outs because I have it everyday even though it is high GI. But I make sure I have it with a lot of eggs or ground beef or chicken and hummus and veggies which I think reduces its overall GL impact.

White rice used to break me out so its good you eliminated that. Again everyone is diff so can't be sure if it will break you out, you should try adding it back later on and see what happens.

I have lived in India and I know some south asian spices break me out. Usually all the chilli peppers! because they contain capsaicin and I think i react to that. But garlic and ginger don't break me out. I have them everyday!

Potatoes have a high GL so be careful. I've read about people breaking out from sweet potatoes too but I have not tried it myself.

Im not sure about cinnamon and turmeric but you need to look into it! They are not supposed to give you acne but I have my doubts because I think I react to them sometimes.

Try cutting the hot peppers out.You never know, that may be causing your acne. I noticed a huge improvement in mine when I cut them out!

Just follow your diet for a couple of weeks and remove hot peppers and potatoes and see if you notice any difference. If you do, try adding them back one by one and see how you respond.

I will try to replace the veggie oil

nuts are for calories..don't think they break me out but i am keeping them at min..will eliminate if i breakout.

chickpeas are not so very low gl..so i am keeping them at min too...

rice and whole wheat are out for now..will try to add them slowly and see the effect.

again, i am not so sensetive to spices..or so i think.but i am keeping it very low and simple to..

potato is calories too..but its just 1 or 1/2..i'll keep following the diet..

Thanks for all your advice....

MemberMember
(@sue7)

Posted : 07/01/2014 8:24 pm

I'd replace the veggie oil with coconut oil for cooking. Isn't that more common there anyway?

Sweet potatoes are a great food for your skin. Do replace the rice with them often.

Those supplements are good.

Is the chicken you have access to raised entirely in barns without going outdoors and fed entirely of grains? If not, and they do roam outdoors eating weeds and insects, go for it.

The organic certification program in the US has a lot of nonsense. Especially when it comes to chickens. Free roaming hens scratching for insects, worms and even rodents is preferable to US certified organic in which the hens are fed unnatural food. Chickens are not vegetarians.

coconut oil is more common in southern india, i am from northern india..but i'll check if it is available..

i'll also check on sweet potatoes..rice is not included for now..

now, chicken is not vegetarian and i am not vegetarian but that that is the only type of meat we eat..also i don't think it is chicken for free roaming..they are definately feed crap and given all sorts of other stuff just to grow fast and fat..so it may not be a good idea to add it..

again want to ask about fish oil ..how much should one consume in a day...

also would like to know about zinc..do i need other supplements..??

Thank you for all your advice on this post and others..