Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catherine1994

Transitioning From 5% To 2.5% Bp

I just received my order of the regimen products today!

I've been using a small amount of Clindoxyl (5% BP) on my problem areas twice a day for about two weeks, and for many years as a spot treatment. I have some irritation and flakiness/dryness and I've had to skip treatments here and there, but my skin has sort of adapted.

I'm wondering how I should start my treatment with 2.5% BP. Should I just follow the standard directions? Or is it safe to begin using a larger amount twice a day?

I'm concerned that if I use too little, I may breakout again. I also don't want to use too much and cause irritation.

Anyone have some advice or suggestions?

Update: I used the full 1tsp twice a day and after two applications my face is a desert. I totally underestimated the power of the 2.5% BP. I've used up to 10% in the past and never seen this kind of strength. My pores are clearing already, but my skin is very flaky and I have two small patches of irritation on my right cheek. I'm going to cut back to the standard directions starting with a pea sized amount once per day.