Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lifebot

Made A Huge Mistake During A 15% Tca Peel, Desperately Need Advice!

To keep this story short, I did a 15% TCA Peel on my face (1 layer, Asian-skin) that I bought from MUAC.

On the 3rd day, I begin to notice that my skin was flaking and peeling around the mouth area.

I should have let the peel come off on it's own, but I made a very stupid decision to take a hot shower and "roll" off the dead skin on my cheek with my fingers while I was in the shower. (Very stupid, I couldn't resist the urge to)

When I came out of the shower, I noticed that my new skin underneath was bright red, as I peeled off the dead skin too prematurely. I knew this wasn't a good sign and this is when I realized I MESSED UP. I immediately put some vaselin on it and went to sleep.

When I woke up this morning (4th day now), I went to the mirror right away to see what happened to my cheek. IT SCARRED

My questions:

1) Will this scarring stay like this forever? or is it possible that it might resolve on it's after some time?

2) If this is a permanent scarring, is possible to get rid of them on my next TCA peel attempt in 2-3 months from now on?

3) What can I do right now about this situation?

Any help would be very appreciated!

scarring2.jpg

Edited by lifebot

I feel like hanging myself now. If anyone know or went through something similar, please share some advice.

Edited by lifebot

hey it might heal? i pick my acne pretty badly and pretty deep sometimes (just cant help it, need to get rid of it asap n so) so it looks pretty similar to ur situation, but i can see them closing up and after week they should be grown with skin again. redmarks that r left r problem however...i use organic antioxidant toner right now and it seems like helping with redness, i think redmarks a bit too...

That will definately heal, at worst will take a month or so but it's hasn't made a true scar which would be indented, that will definately fade so don't worry! Doesn't even look like you have anything to get rid of so maybe leave it now or see a pro next time :)

Nah, man. I wouldn't worry about it. While it's still red, there's a chance it is still healing. I would prolong your next peel even further. Keep the area moisturized and out of the sun. It should resolve on its own. When you said scarred, I thought I would see a deep hole where the chemical burned through.

it will heal i have done that too many times myself. the place i get my peels done gave me apres peel balm with hydrocortisone to calm down the skin and take away the redness. you can probably find it on ebay.

Edited by tracy521