Few Concerns Regard...

Notifications
Clear all

Few Concerns Regarding The Regimen

MemberMember
(@tieria)

Posted : 06/27/2014 12:58 am

Been trying to find a solution to get rid of inflmmatory acne (mostly cyst and sometimes a few pustule) and I bumped into this community. I've started with the regimen 3 days ago and noticed a few things I'd like to share and a few questions I'd like to ask.

First off, I'd list down the products I'm using since my searching around here led me to a thread where it says they don't really ship their acne.org products here in Philippines so I had to find alternatives at Watsons and Mercury Drug.

Cleanser: Clean & Clear active clear acne clearing cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide: Benzac AC (gel & 5% because I couldn't find a 2.5% one in Watsons or Mercury Drug)

Moisturizer: Clean & Clear essentials moisturizer

I'd also like to add that I'm using Contractubex to remove the old pimple scars I have. Gonna ask my question about it down there later.

My skin is the oily type so I thought I could get away with using the 5% benzoyl peroxide since if I'm not mistaken the higher the % means the more it could dry your skin or is this way of thinking wrong and that it actually just makes my oily skin problem worse?

1. As stated here on "What to expect", week 1 includes "Mild improvement. Skin is red, irritated, and itches while skin adjusts to treatment".

Skin is definitely red and it itches from time to time

I also noticed a few spots on my face where my skin is peeling off. Is it part of the side effects? Also, I have a pimple near the side of my right eye so I have to put some Benzoyl peroxide on it which kinda makes my eye watery, is it also a part of the side effects?

2. I'm doing the regimen at 8:00 in the morning and 8:00 in the evening, what would be the ideal time to take a bath if let's say I'm just going to be at home for the entire day? Before the regimen on the evening/morning? Or when? I'm thinking that if I do the regimen in the morning and take a bath after an hour or so, wouldn't that just wash off the benzoyl peroxide and the moisturizer?

3. As I stated above, I'm also using Contractubex to remove the old pimple scars I have. Is it fine that I'm doing this together with the regimen? If yes, then when is it ideal to use? Before or after applying moisturizer? How long before/after?

4. Since I have oily skin, I've been searching for ways to deal with them specially outdoors. I've bought Clean & Clear oil control film which works really nice but I know I can't really rely on it always so I thought of applying Johnson's Baby Powder lastly before going out but I'm worried that it might just clog pores and cause more pimple. So, should I or should I not apply powder? Another thing, I've bought Evian Facial Spray just because I thought it could help me control my oily skin. Is it a good idea to use a facial mist?

Hoping for answers and thanks for the time reading this.

MemberMember
(@aldomg)

Posted : 06/27/2014 10:42 pm

You should get a cleanser that is not medicated for acne, that will dry your face + bp = dryness = flakes.

Yes, you're going to see that your skin is peeling off, put a good quantity of moisturizer and try to use less BP, that might help, also dont put BP near your eyes, that area is very sensitive, even if you have a pimple there don't do it, because the area around the eyes will start to peel off too.

The regimen schedule, always try to do it when you wake up and when you go to bed, that's it.

About the other products, I don't really know, but if you want to use Contractubex put it after the moisturizer(when its dried up).