Notifications
Clear all

Coming Off Birth Control

MemberMember
(@loulou78)

Posted : 06/20/2014 5:42 pm

Hi,

So I came off the birth control (rigevidon) around September/October last year And since they beggining of this year I have had the worst break outs I've ever had, large sore cyts on only my forehead and chin. Just to be clear I have never ever had problem skin in my entire life and I am now 18 yrs old, so I know that coming off the pill could be the only cause. However I went back on the pill in March in the hope that my skin would clear up and go back to how it was ... But so far there has been no change the skin just seems to be staying the same, inflamed, red and constantly getting new cysts!!! Does anybody have experience of this and know how long it will be for my skin to return to it's normal condition ? Thankyou x

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 06/28/2014 11:59 pm

It happened to me when I came off of Diane. It's important to wean off of hormonal treatments. You might need to try a birth control that specifically targets acne (search for GreenGables post). Although I personally don't advocate the use of birth control because I think it causes more problems in the long run. As far as how long it takes to clear up, it can vary widely- 3-6 months.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/29/2014 4:16 pm

Were you coming off of it for a reason?

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 06/29/2014 4:21 pm

If you're asking me, I came off bc because of PMS moods and weight gain