Notifications
Clear all

So Much Oiliness

MemberMember
(@tpaul98)

Posted : 06/18/2014 12:11 am

I've been doing the regimen for about two and a half years now, I do get the occasional zit, but other than that my face is pretty clear. As opposed to using the two finger amount of BP, I have been using 2/3 a finger BP. For the past year now, ever since I started using 2/3 a finger, my face (specifically the t-zone) has gotten so much oilier. Despite this oiliness in the t-zone, the sides of my face are quite dry. Any ideas on how I can get rid of the oiliness in the t-zone? I've tried using blotting paper, but when I do, I usually end up having to use it every 3-4 hours.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 06/22/2014 7:28 pm

Tips: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#oily

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 06/22/2014 7:31 pm

This has happened to me as well, Ive been on the regimen for 8 weeks or so and my skin is so damn oily. Im trying to cut down the amount of BP Im using and increase the amount of moisturizer but yeah I would like to know too because oily is not a good look.

MemberMember
(@tpaul98)

Posted : 07/06/2014 11:43 pm

I did look at the FAQ and it suggests that I blot my face, but I already do and it helps for a little while before it gets really oily all over again. The FAQ also suggests putting jojoba oil on my face, but isn't it counter intuitive to put oil on an already oily face. I like the regimen, but this ridiculous amount of oil is making me think of going back to a normal skincare routine where I just apply BP to trouble spots.

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/10/2014 10:42 am

The jojoba oil is great because it tricks your skin into thinking that you have already produced enough sebum. Therefore, your skin won't produce oil, and the jojoba oil will blend into your skin and moisturize. Give it a shot.

Also, gender regardless, you could try a non-comedogenic mattifying face powder. Just brush it over where you get most oily, and it will blend with your skin and stop the oil for 6-7 hours.