Notifications
Clear all

Diane 35/ Dianette Birth Control Pill

MemberMember
(@graciemeow)

Posted : 06/16/2014 1:34 pm

This is more a general curiosity than a call for advice really. A lot of hormonal acne sufferers have found relief and clear skin from using the birth co trol pill diane 35 (which im pretty aure here in the u.k. we call dianette). This was the first thing my doctor gave me when i went to him about my skin....however it made my acne TEN times worse. Cystic and painful and like ive never seen before. I was 16. I stayed on it for six months before switching to yaz which also didnt help but wasnt as bad as dianette. I tried dianette one more time when i was 21 and the same thing happened. I jus wondered if any body knows why this could be seeing as my testosterone levels are elevated and it makes sense that it should have improved my acne?

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 06/16/2014 2:31 pm

Your pill prescription should be based on general hormonal check test. It is true that diane 35 is the most common in such situations, but it can cause opposite results in some cases. I was on that pill twice in my life and clear. But i also know girls with severe acne that the same pill didnt work for them. You have to try smth else probably with the oposite ratio in hormones.