Notifications
Clear all

Diane/estelle 35Ed Diary Log

MemberMember
(@citsy)

Posted : 06/12/2014 12:57 am

Just thought I would do a diary on my experience with the Estelle 35ed birth control pills. So it has been about 3 months (on my second last pill on the 3rd pack) and I thought my skin was getting better.. But 2 new pimples have appeared and it looks as if they wont come to a head.. Throughout months 1-3 my skin has broken out, gotten better and then back to square one. End of month 2 and throughout month 3 were the hardest months yet, my breakouts were painful cystic and lots of big hard white heads that don't come to a head and stay under the skin until they turned cystic. I'm hoping that my skin will just get better from now on as I don't want to stress or think about it when I am on holidays (which is in 25 days eek..)

Before I started estelle 35ed...

- I had controllable acne when I was 13-14 that only came up on my T-zone which I used Proactiv, and that helped nicely for only a few months until my skin got use to it. So I stopped using Proactiv

- When I was 15-16 I had a few pimples here and there which didn't bother me as I could use concealer to cover up

- After 16 it hit me big.. I was getting painful cystic acne all over my face (including my forehead, which I normally do not get pimples in that area). So I had to do something about it.. I went to my family doctor and asked for some help, she prescribed me over 6-8 months 2-3 different antibiotics including minocyclin and 1-2 different antibiotic topical treatments. The oral antibiotics did not help one bit, it broke me out and left me with more cystic acne plus a white rash which I assume was an allergic reaction. The antibiotic topical treatments helped but only to a certain extent. It did not help with the cystic acne, only the acne that came to a head where it could use its power to penetrate the skin and destroy the bacteria. So I stopped taking the antibiotics and went to a skin pathologist where she prescribed me a personalised herbal solution mixture and some herbal pills, which heck was expensive (100-120 and 60 Australian dollars respectively). However it DID work and it worked great, it cleared up my skin beautifully and I was only left with acne scars which where on its way healing.. However I made a terrible and regretful choice with using a clarisonic on my skin. Man it broke me out good. I thought it was just the initial purge but the pimples kept coming (I used it nightly). My skin freaked out and has never gotten better since (I am now 18 almost 19).

- Now back to the present, I have been prescribed Estelle 35ed (a generic version to Diane 35ed) and I have been on it for about 3 months now. I am still getting breakouts (2 pimples have appeared) and I'm very sad that these birth control pills are taking longer than expected, although my doctor has said my skin has improved. But I guess because I look at my face everyday I don't see a dramatic change as she would? I don't know :(! I get so depressed even if one pimple appears because that means another scar (I scar easily and it takes a long time for these scars to heal). I'm about to start my 4th pack and hope this month will be less of a roller coaster

Also a little FAQ, being a girl, acne has literally changed my life.. for the worse. I get so depressed and self concious that all I like to do is stay home and never go out with my friends.. It has affected me that much... Also to make it worse my family constantly (unintentionally?) brings up about how my face looks (in a bad way) saying things like why is your face so red, you'll get more pimples etcetc.

So I am doing this little diary to log my progress with Estelle 35ed so that it might be able to help other people out and myself as I tend to forget things easily :P

Btw does anyone know how to remove red pigmentation from old pimples? Also small indentation scars? Been using the personal microdermabrasion on them for about 3 times and only see slight results (nothing dramatic)

MemberMember
(@citsy)

Posted : 06/12/2014 6:28 am

Update (About to start pack 4 tonight) - Had 2 of those hard clogged white heads that do not come to the surface and I popped them however instead of coming out it went deeper... Woke up and they have come to a head with white pus inside.. too scared to pop it haha so its still there but overall my complexion looks better, redness has gone down a bit. I am using the Antipodes Juliet Skin Brightening Gel cleanser using Dan's Regimen rule (wash face for only 10 seconds) and as a moisturiser I have been using the Triology Certified Organic Rosehip Oil as I have heard good things about lightening scars (and yes I do notice a slight difference from the Rosehip oil, it also leaves my skin not too oily and very moisturised, love it!)

MemberMember
(@citsy)

Posted : 06/13/2014 7:00 am

Update - New cyst coming up near my mouth.. great.. just what I need, more stress to pile onto just when I thought my skin was getting better, hmm.. Really stressed lately, I have exams soon and my family thinks I am free 24/7 which I am not because when I think I have studied enough for a day, the last thing I was to do is run around and do chores. I am happy to do them after my exam period is over. Also my little sister is buggering the heck out of me which is stressing me out more and now that my skin is being like this, its just adding onto the pile of stress! Don't know if there is some method to avoid this cyst coming up, I just want it to decrease in size and gtfo off my face..

Sorry for the rant, just really annoyed lately :(

MemberMember
(@citsy)

Posted : 06/14/2014 6:16 am

Update - Skin is okay, broke out a bit but the pimples go away after 2-3 days (very small pockets of pus?). However got one pimple on my cheek, tried to pop it (I know, so bad of me). Its now slightly swollen and I hope it goes down soon.. My skin could be better, just hope this breakout goes away asap.. Also included green tea to my diet, hopefully that does something good!!

MemberMember
(@citsy)

Posted : 06/14/2014 9:18 am

Update (2 updates in one day) - Skin just broke out like crazy, dont know how or why :(. Little tiny dots everywhere. Not very happy, very sad and confused about why this is happening, its the 4th month on birth control pills already..

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 06/14/2014 9:28 pm

Keep your head up! It took me 5 months on Diane before I cleared up for good. Sometimes I still get a pimple, but I can go for over a month with clear skin now. Dan's AHA+ cream is really good for getting rid of hyperpigmentation. You could also try light chemical peels like 40% lactic acid at home. They've definitely worked for me!

Citsy liked
MemberMember
(@citsy)

Posted : 06/15/2014 7:21 am

@dunedain (not sure if this is how you tag people? xD) Thanks for the heads up and encouraging words!! I will definitely stick with the birth control pills. My skin has drastically improved by a lot in general, but I'm very sensitive about even one pimple, especially because my skin was being okay for a few days :P Hopefully I wont break out before my holiday! Don't want it to be a stressful holiday :P

Yes I have heard great things about the AHA, I need to get my hands on this item!!

Does it make you peel?

After my skin is 100% I plan on doing professional microdermabrasion to fix all these ice pick scars >< but I hope it doesnt aggravate my skin ><

Btw do you have a diane log for when you were on diane? :P

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 06/15/2014 11:13 am

@dunedain (not sure if this is how you tag people? xD) Thanks for the heads up and encouraging words!! I will definitely stick with the birth control pills. My skin has drastically improved by a lot in general, but I'm very sensitive about even one pimple, especially because my skin was being okay for a few days Hopefully I wont break out before my holiday! Don't want it to be a stressful holiday

Yes I have heard great things about the AHA, I need to get my hands on this item!!

Does it make you peel?

After my skin is 100% I plan on doing professional microdermabrasion to fix all these ice pick scars >< but I hope it doesnt aggravate my skin ><

Btw do you have a diane log for when you were on diane?

Yep! My log is the link in my signature below. AHA didn't really make me peel but I started off pretty slow, just 1/4 AHA and 3/4 moisturiser for the first week.

MemberMember
(@citsy)

Posted : 06/16/2014 10:25 am

@dunedain (not sure if this is how you tag people? xD) Thanks for the heads up and encouraging words!! I will definitely stick with the birth control pills. My skin has drastically improved by a lot in general, but I'm very sensitive about even one pimple, especially because my skin was being okay for a few days tongue.png Hopefully I wont break out before my holiday! Don't want it to be a stressful holiday tongue.png

Does it make you peel?

Btw do you have a diane log for when you were on diane? tongue.png

Yep! My log is the link in my signature below. AHA didn't really make me peel but I started off pretty slow, just 1/4 AHA and 3/4 moisturiser for the first week.

Wow very thorough log!! I noticed you stopped your log. Are you still on diane?? And if so how is it going now?

Update - still breaking out. Clogged pores on cheeks next to nose. Also had a cyst which I left for 1 month hoping it would just leave. It didnt so I tried popping it and epic fail, I think I pushed it in more. So devastating and not very happy about it. Hopefully I wont break out anymore. Will update after exams with how my skin is doing!

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 06/17/2014 7:40 pm

Yes I'm still on Diane, but since I've been clear I've updated less since there's not much else to say! I'm just working on my residual PIH and Diane doesn't really help much with that. But I try to update once in a while with regards to my peels and stuff anyway. My skin is usually 100% clear - texture is not the greatest but I'm slowly working on it. I get occasional actives when I'm stressed/during my period, but it's not often. Ever since I hit the 6 month mark everything's kind of stayed the same.

MemberMember
(@citsy)

Posted : 06/22/2014 9:17 am

Update (11 days into 4th pack) - Exams are finally over and now I have nothing else to stress about (hopefully?). My skin is just ok, the clogged pores on my cheeks close to the upper part of my nose is still clogged, but they are becoming less clogged. Got a new group of small cystic acne on the lower right of my face just to the side of my mouth, however it is healing but very slowly.. The cyst that was on my cheek for over 1 month that I popped in my last update came to a head and is now healing nicely. Really like the personal microdermabrasion, every time I wake up from a treatment, my face looks healthy and alive. However, lately my nose has been breaking out? Small pimples that go away in 2-3 days, but its been persistent over the few days-weeks, not sure why hm. Will update later to check my progress

Yes I'm still on Diane, but since I've been clear I've updated less since there's not much else to say! I'm just working on my residual PIH and Diane doesn't really help much with that. But I try to update once in a while with regards to my peels and stuff anyway. My skin is usually 100% clear - texture is not the greatest but I'm slowly working on it. I get occasional actives when I'm stressed/during my period, but it's not often. Ever since I hit the 6 month mark everything's kind of stayed the same.

MemberMember
(@citsy)

Posted : 06/24/2014 3:21 am

Update - Face is not really being happy at all, its so red and breaking out and clogged everywhere. Not sure what to do, just want to be clear already boo :(

MemberMember
(@citsy)

Posted : 06/29/2014 3:53 am

Update - Skin is feeling a little sensitive, red and hot. The recent cystic breakout on the lower side of mouth is still there and being stubborn. Main areas on my face affected by acne is everything except my forehead. Face is slowly healing, hopefully I don't get another breakout :(!

MemberMember
(@citsy)

Posted : 07/19/2014 10:12 pm

Update - On my 5th month, few days in? My skin is better thankfully. I'm almost to the end of my travels. My skin is better, less grouped breakouts but I still get pimples popping up. About to return home in 2-3 days and travelling in air always gets me to break out :( So not looking forward! Other than that I miss home! Will continue to update. Fingers crossed for this month!

MemberMember
(@citsy)

Posted : 07/31/2014 12:22 pm

Update (5th pack about to start sugar pills in 2 days) - So my face is definitely getting better but now I'm getting clogged white heads in my pores and its making me become anxious. Also have a major problem with scars and redness :( Boo!

MemberMember
(@citsy)

Posted : 09/03/2014 3:01 am

Update - On my sugar pills of pack 6 - During my holidays overseas my skin was working well with me, until I returned home. My face has slightly been sensitive and as of right now I have a few cystic spots. Not sure what's happening, I guess its that time where I breakout randomly. Hopefully this will be my last major breakout as these cystic acne hurt so much! Just want estelle to kick in now and forever! :(