Notifications
Clear all

I Can't Deal With It!

MemberMember
(@hannah-t-is-heregmail-com)

Posted : 06/08/2014 11:24 pm

I can't deal with my acne anymore!! It started with one pimple at a time in the 4th grade and then they gradually got bigger and I got more at a time in the 6th grade. Year 7 I had them so bad but I wasn't allowed to wear make up yet so I suffered. Year 8 came and it was terrible but I was finally allowed to wear a bit of make up so I covered it up the best that I could. I'm in the 10th grade and my life is hell! Not only do I have to put up with my siblings pointing it out and calling me ugly when I'm at home (when I'm not wearing make up) I have to put up with my friends at school, with one pimple smaller than a poppy seed, saying "oh my god I've got such terrible skin!!" If they think they've got bad skin then they think I've got a serious disease!!! Just now I walk up to my mum and she looked at me and the convo went something like this

Mum: "seriously, how does your skin get so bad?"

Me: "I got it from you" (she had minor acne when she was a teen but my dad's family had clear skin)

Mum: "no, I was never that bad. Is it your makeup?"

Me: (I burst into tears) "mum it's not my makeup I don't know what it is and I hate talking about it!"

Mum: "maybe we can get prescribed products but they're gonna ask what you do and stuff so it's best to talk about it now"

Me: "no, I hate talking about it"

Here I am now, in my room crying! I can't I wash my face every morning and night I even use a clarisonic Mia to help but nothing works! And I scar even when I don't pop! Not only do I have it on my face, I've got bacne! So when I'm going out to a party I either wear a dress that covers my back or wear my hair out! I just can't handle it anymore!!!

MemberMember
(@littlelids)

Posted : 06/09/2014 3:27 am

Hey, I know how you feel but you really need to see your GP and then you will probably need a referral to a Dermatologist.

I am 27 in 2 weeks and I still struggle with bad skin but only because it took me years to pluck up the courage to talk about it and I wish I had done something when I started getting break outs straight away (17 years old).

The sooner you go to seek help from the professionals the sooner you will start to see your skin improve and also your confidence.

I hope you are OK, I know it's tough and everyone else tries to blame food, make up and not drinking enough water, and although they are crucial they are probably not the cause.

Book an appointment ASAP and don't lose hope, help is out there

Anon** liked
MemberMember
(@hopeisall)

Posted : 06/09/2014 4:15 am

Go to a dermatologist. It isn't going over by itself.

If you have it on such young age it's probably best to go on medication that deals with your skin condition from the inside.

Topicle products can help, the only problem is that they don't tackle the cause.

Maybe you can ask your parents to take you to a dermatologist, or make an appointment yourself.

Tell your dermatologist that you are really sufferring from this and want to go on a medicine. (best to be assertive)

I don't know how old you are, accutane has worked for me.

Antibiotics can also help.

You shouldn't be ashamed to talk about it to people you trust or doctors.

Anon** liked