Notifications
Clear all

Regimen Updates

MemberMember
(@reindancer)

Posted : 06/07/2014 2:03 pm

So I mainly only joined this forum to kind of keep a log of my progression. I'm a 20 year old female and I just acquired the Regimen yesterday for the first time and am really hoping it will work for me. Though I can't help but be skeptical because I've had literally no luck. I (like most everyone here) have tried sooo many things to try to clear up my acne. I've never been to a dermatologist though because my family doesn't really have enough money to go through all the doctors visits and prescriptions. :/ I mainly have it around my cheeks and jaw line, though around my time of the month I get them around my chin and forehead too.

But anyways, I've tried a million store brands and nothing has really worked for me. I've actually tried Benzoyl Peroxide before in an Acne Free kit I bought, but all it did was severely dry out my skin (it was 10%). Though it did help some! Kind of. It just made my skin literally hard feeling and I didn't realize I should moisturize with it. So I'm hoping since the Regimen has a much lower percentage of BP, it won't be as bad. Plus I know now to keep it away from my eyes. xD

So my goal will be to update this thread every few days or at least once a week and kind of....track my progression? If there is any. I can always hope.

Day 1:

I used the first dose last night after my shower. The cleanser worked great to take off my makeup! I used just a tinyyy amount of the treatment as recommended, but it barely covered my face. I'd rather start small though than go through my last experience with BP. My face felt pretty dry after this as I often do after my shower, but once I put the moisturizer on it felt better. I think I like the moisturizer! I've read some negative reviews about it, so I guess I'll see in the long run whether I like it or not. But I put some more of it on when I woke up to make sure my face is nice and hydrated today.

MemberMember
(@monm13)

Posted : 06/08/2014 1:20 am

Hello and welcome,

I' m currently in my third week and I doing good so far. The moisturizer is good for me too. It cooled my face down after a few times of use and was so happy about it. But I changed my routine to applying bp once a day now since I barely get break outs since the very beginning. :> And yes always take the regimen slowly even though you've used bp before.

I hope you do good on the regimen!! Good luck!

MemberMember
(@reindancer)

Posted : 06/08/2014 12:18 pm

Hello! Thank you for the reply!

And that's so great that it's been working for you so far! And only in three weeks? That's awesome! Have you had any problems along the way...? I'm hoping that once my face clears up some, I will eventually be able to reduce the BP enough to maintain it, but not dry my face out every night. But that's a while in the future still. And thank you again! I hope it works as well for me as it does for you. c:

MemberMember
(@reindancer)

Posted : 06/09/2014 11:01 am

Day 3:

Nothing new to report, but I was bored so I figured I'd update. My face isn't really dry. Granted, it feels a tad dry directly after the BP is applied, but after the moisturizer, it's fine! So I guess I'll see in a few days if adding more will make it worse. Otherwise, my face isn't clearing up really yet, but it isn't breaking out significantly either. Maybe a few more tiny ones that usual, but nothing bothersome.

I'm so impatient for the nights though. Like...I can't wait until it's time to shower because then I know I can apply the next treatment. I know it's silly though, but I just want to see results and fix my face. xD I know patience is key though, so I'll just wait it out. I'll just count the hours until bed time. :P

MemberMember
(@monm13)

Posted : 06/10/2014 12:34 am

Hello,

I get small pimples here and there and they just fade away. My skin seems to be darker too but once the dead skin goes away ill be lighhter again. I'm also facing some peeling and its not so ok but I'm going to keep going with the regimen until I clear up. other than that nothing burns anymore :D.

Hope you do well in yours! I'm also planning to add the AHA and see how that goes.

MemberMember
(@reindancer)

Posted : 06/11/2014 12:18 am

Well that's not bad at all. I hope the dead skin will go away soon though! That doesn't sound like fun. :S And let me know how the AHA works! I bought some but I obviously have to wait a while before using it. I just wanted it handy for when the time does come. :D

Day 5:

Same as usual. Some small breakouts on my cheeks left over from my period are clearing up, but they usually do after a few days. So that's not anything new. I've been using just a tad bit more BP at night because I was having the hardest time spreading such a small amount over my face; it hasn't affected my negatively yet though. No dryness surprisingly, though my face feels a bit itchy after applying the BP. Also, my eyes water whenever I stick any near my nose, but I'm not too concerned. xD

I have certain areas on my face that I've learned from experience do NOT like having BP on it. Basically anywhere around my eyes, the edges of my nose, and around my mouth. Which is fine because I don't have acne there anyways, but I just need to be careful when applying to make sure not to hit these parts. If I do, they feel weird. The skin around my eyes turn rough and dry, along with under my lip. If I get it too close to my nose, it burns. And if I get it around the corners of my mouth, it turns weirdly hard, dark, and itchy. Since that was in the past, I'm being extremely careful with the BP in this regimen. I've been pretty good so far, though I got a little bit too close to my mouth last night and it felt odd until I washed my face in the morning, haha. Other than that, my skin is actually been softer than usual and not too bothersome! Next week will probably be worse though with the double applications.

MemberMember
(@reindancer)

Posted : 06/13/2014 12:37 pm

Day 7 (1 Week):

Things have been going fairly well so far. My face has definitely felt dryer than usual, but the moisturizer really does help a lot. No peeling or anything, just a slight tight feeling. It's honestly not that bad yet compared to times in the past. The only parts of the face that look dry at all are the individual acne parts, as I think they're dying and drying up a lot. Since it's been exactly one week since I've started, I used the BP this morning as instructed. I need to be more careful about avoiding under my lower lip, since it reallyyyy hates strong medication on it. It has been getting a bit itchy if I get it too close, so I'm going to have to stop spreading it next to the area. I don't want to risk harming a sensitive part on my face to get clearer skin elsewhere. :P

I haven't gotten any big pimples in a while, though I keep getting weird tiny white head ones now around my jaw line. They're nothing major so they don't bother me and they go away within a day. I assume it's partially because my skin is used to me washing it really rough at night, and normally I'd rub off the tiny white heads. But as I said, they're so tiny it's not a problem to deal with.

Week 1 down, which means approximately 7 more weeks to go to hit my two month goal. :D

MemberMember
(@reindancer)

Posted : 06/20/2014 3:02 pm

Day 14 (2 Weeks):

This week the dryness has definitely set in. Like I've been saying, I've had worse through other facial washes, but it's still not great. Thankfully the flakey peeling isn't too visible to the eye, but it sucks because I can't put foundation over it anymore because the foundation does make it visible. So I've settled for putting plain powder over my face about an hour after lotion to slightly cover things up if I've gone out (which has been twice this week I think). The dryness doesn't feel as bad today as it has been, so maybe that's a good sign my face is getting more used to the treatment? I don't know yet, but we'll see I guess. My face barely feels tight and doesn't feel as uncomfortable as it has been.

With that said, I can now see why some people get so discouraged with using this Regimen. It can take so long for results to show and your face feels extremely uncomfortable during the process. I actually got a few new zits last night (my first noticeable new ones in a while) so that wasn't too much fun. But I'll keep up with it because I really don't have any other options and I really would love for this to work. For now I'm just going to hope for the dryness to go away and continue following instructions. So...wish me luck!

MemberMember
(@chin0)

Posted : 06/25/2014 9:39 pm

Has your face gotten any better in these past two weeks? I plan to start the regimen soon and I hope it works well for me.

MemberMember
(@reindancer)

Posted : 06/30/2014 1:40 am

My face is breaking out less I think overall, but the peeling isn't too fun... I think my face is still getting used to the product though, so hopefully it'll get better soon. I hope you have good luck on the Regimen!

Day 24:

My face no longer feels dry after the treatment! For the most part. I put a little bit more BP on than normal on yesterday (I use about 3/4 of one finger right now) and my face was a tad bit dryer today, but it's definitely been better. It's so weird, the left side of my face has been doing better with the dryness and peeling than the right side of my face...I'll take that as a good sign it will eventually get better...? I've only had one tiny zit on the left side of my face in this last week, and a few on the right side of my face. They've been healing fairly quick though, so that's nice. Still tons of red marks from old ones though. :/

This peeling though is brutal. Does it ever stop...? I'm looking forward to using AHA soon, because I heard it's supposed to help with the peeling, but I'm hoping the peeling is somewhat temporary. I have like....a dead layer of skin on my face. I've been really self conscious going out recently because I can barely put on makeup. Oh well. I'll try to keep looking forward to the bigger picture!

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 07/12/2014 11:35 pm

How's it going? I'm on the first week of the Regimen and already seeing results, yay! But I'm also having peeling problems wacko.png . I can't wear my makeup either because it disturbs the patches, so I'm just putting on a little translucent powder or powder foundation and heading out. I'm super self-conscious so that doesn't make things easier, but I'm glad I started the Regimen because I can tell it is working on my minor acne! I think I'm going to invest in a beauty blender because I find that a stippling motion with sponges doesn't disturb the patches....

MemberMember
(@hdavis93)

Posted : 08/06/2014 11:01 am

So nice to see all your updates! What you are going through sounds similar to what I'm experiencing. Can't wait to hear more. I am at the end of week 2 and just now starting in with bad flaking and dryness. Also still small breakouts that I can't cover with makeup due to dry skin! Frustrating but I am just hoping it will be worth it in a few months

MemberMember
(@milly857)

Posted : 08/07/2014 8:42 am

Thanks for all the updates! You are a couple weeks ahead of me on The Regimen so it's helpful to read what is to come.

MemberMember
(@horsey310)

Posted : 08/22/2014 11:02 am

Hi Reindancer, do you have any progress to report since your last post? I'm in my 3rd week of the regimen and would love to read an update!

MemberMember
(@reindancer)

Posted : 08/27/2014 1:45 am

Yikes, I haven't posted in a while. My personal life has been rather hectic the last few months with college just starting and some family medical emergencies. But I figured I would write an update since it's been so long!

Day 82 (11 weeks and 5 days):

Ehhh, I hope I did that math right. Anyways. Around 4-5 weeks in I started using AHA+ to help with the peeling, but unfortunately had minimal results. I was still peeling really bad and my face felt dry even after the lotion. After that, I realized that Dan's moisturizer never seemed to fully sink into my face. Like...I would mix it with jojoba oil, but the combination never actually sunk in. It just sat on my face making it look extremely oily and merely masked the flakes until the oil got rubbed off. So after reading tons of reviews and suggestions, I decided to purchase Cetaphil's Moisturizing Lotion. And oh my goodness did it make a difference. My face was still peeling some, but at least my face had some softness to it again. Plus my face didn't look like it was oozing oil, so that was nice. I made the change around the 6th week.

So my left cheek cleared up within the first month almost completely. I get about 1 a month it seems around my period time, but otherwise it stays clear! Yay! That was the first part of my face that decided to stay clear. Then gradually I noticed the right side of my face and my forehead (which wasn't that bad, but would get an occasional one up there) started slowing down too. I was sort of skeptical at first, but it kept continuing to improve! This happened probably around week 7 to 8. It basically stopped breaking out out of nowhere except for one area where a reoccurring zit kept trying to poke through. Eventually it was killed though and my right cheek stays mostly clear. I got a couple right before my last period (which I started around week 10) and I had one annoying one, but otherwise that cheek stayed good too! I'm hoping within this next month it will stay as good as my left side!

My chin was the last area to not break out, which happened around week 8-9. I was worried that since it was still breaking out while the rest of face had mostly cleared that it might not work there, but it eventually worked too! It was definitely the slowest area to stop though.

Also, as I think I mentioned in a previous post, I don't put BP all over my face. I avoid the inner part of my face because the corners of my nose and around my mouth and eyes are extremely sensitive to it. Plus I never break out there anyways, it's mainly on my cheeks and lower chin. The only problem with doing this was that I noticed with the 2 full doses of BP everyday, my face had an obvious color line of where I did and didn't use the BP... It looked like my cheeks were always slightly sunburned because it had an obvious redder hue compared to the inner part of my face. This made me extremely uncomfortable and I wasn't really sure what to do. But by week 10 I had stopped breaking out almost completely, so I tempted fate and only applied BP at night and would use AHA+ in the morning with my lotion. So at night I would wash my face, use BP, and put on lotion. And in the morning I wash and just put on AHA+ and lotion.

I was really scared to try this because I knew I was due for my pre period breakout, but I was sick and tired of the peeling red face. Plus it was still itching extremely bad in areas and it was making me nervous. So as soon as I hit Week 10, I tried that experiment. Well....nothing much changed in terms of acne. I had one on my chin and one on my right cheek, but they were already there at that time because of my period hormones being all stupid. But nothing else besides that, and normally my face goes crazy around that time. So I considered it a success! My face though, oh my goodness. It's no longer peeling and actually feels like SKIN. It's soft and feels moveable again! I've been doing it once a day for 1 week and 5 days and nothing bad has happened yet, but I'll update you guys eventually if it does. My skin is no longer red either which makes me super happy!

Unfortunately, I still have tonsss of red marks from old zits on my cheeks. They look fine when I look into a mirror at my house, so I go out with no makeup, but the sun makes them extremely noticeable and it looks like my face is all broken out. It's frustrating, but I know they should hopefully fade over time. I'm hoping by maybe my birthday (November) or Christmas they will be mostly faded and I can take pictures without feeling mortified. That would be a wonderful 21st birthday present!

So my overall views are this. I think the Regimen IS a success, you just have to be extremely patient with it. Also, I recommend experimenting slightly with it once you're mostly clear to better suit your skins need. I think it was good I used it twice a day to get mostly clear for 10 weeks, but my face is pretty sensitive to the BP. Once a day at the moment seems like a good choice for me. I don't know how many times I really wanted to cry because of the redness, peeling, and itching. But it gets better. Just stick it out. I hope everyone on the Regimen who is reading this has as much luck as I've had thus far. I'm rooting for you! And I'll update this eventually and let you know how everything continues! <3

MemberMember
(@milly857)

Posted : 08/27/2014 3:09 pm

Congrats on your success Reindancer!! Your post is so encouraging!! I'm really struggling with the red marks too but, yes, I agree they will fade with time.

Please post again in a month or so we know if your red marks are continuing to fade -- you'll give us all hope who are still mid-Regimen. :)