11 Weeks In, Dry Fl...

Notifications
Clear all

11 Weeks In, Dry Flaky Skin, And Still 1 Active Spot At All Times

MemberMember
(@rhyno148)

Posted : 05/25/2014 11:13 am

Hey guys,

11 weeks in, dry flaky skin, and still 1 active spot at all times...

How can I stop the flaky skin? When are the spots going to stop coming, starting to loose hope....

Cheers.

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/25/2014 11:22 am

Have you tried AHA?

Im 4 weeks in and I still have a couple of active spots too and incredibly flaky skin. I dont know what to do about the flakes either, my skin looks clear-ish but SO dry.

MemberMember
(@rhyno148)

Posted : 05/25/2014 11:35 am

Haven't tried AHA, tried Jojaba, but not much of a fan tbh.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/25/2014 12:54 pm

I don't care for the jojoba either. The AHA really helps (you can mix it with your moisturizer or just use it on it's own). The only oil that I like is GLA (borage oil) You can put it directly on the really flaky parts and it won't break you out.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@rhyno148)

Posted : 05/25/2014 2:41 pm

Any other advice? Should I continue with it? Dryness is really annoying, and it doesn't seem to be improving, it's now pretty clear, but getting one active all the time!

So frustrating.

MemberMember
(@ukdreamin)

Posted : 05/25/2014 10:35 pm

I was in the same position as you at 11 weeks. The AHA mixed in with moisturizer REALLY does help (I use it every night). My skin is no longer dry at ALL. It's 100% smooth to touch, soft, my acne marks are 99% gone and I have 0 active zits. Keep up with it - really, you won't regret it.

Megchau liked
MemberMember
(@iwantclearskin90)

Posted : 01/10/2015 3:07 pm

I was in the same position as you at 11 weeks. The AHA mixed in with moisturizer REALLY does help (I use it every night). My skin is no longer dry at ALL. It's 100% smooth to touch, soft, my acne marks are 99% gone and I have 0 active zits. Keep up with it - really, you won't regret it.

how long were you on the regimen until you started experiencing non-dry skin? i'm at 8 weeks and really hoping to see some changes in my dry flaky skin soon... (i use aha+ and jojoba religiously)

MemberMember
(@kvetina)

Posted : 01/17/2015 3:01 pm

Hi. Have you tried to use less bp?
I suffered from dryness, flakiness, and I still had brakouts after more than 3 months, until I started to use just that small amount of bp I started with.

MemberMember
(@mariechin1234)

Posted : 01/22/2015 10:03 pm

I really hate how my scalp and hair react to shampoo and conditioner. It makes my hair dry and my scalp itchy,