Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emperornext

colonics, colon/liver flushes

So we have to take your word on this huh? It would be dumb because then you would actually know what they are and your smarter than them anyway right?

Are you talking to me? If you are, I couldn't care less what you think. My acne is gone, just like it is for many who flush their liver. If you don't want to flush your liver and clear your acne, who gives a rip. I couldnt' care less if you destroy your health by being on antibiotics indefinately or taking a risky drug like Accutane.

I'll continue to stop paying a dermatologist and continue taking my health into my own hands.

Guest Scorpioness
Are you talking to me?  If you are, I couldn't care less what you think.  My acne is gone, just like it is for many who flush their liver.  If you don't want to flush your liver and clear your acne, who gives a rip.  I couldnt' care less if you destroy your health by being on antibiotics indefinately or taking a risky drug like Accutane.

I'll continue to stop paying a dermatologist and taking my health into my own hands.

Thanks, Scorpion. After trying everything on the planet to clear my acne, I'm finally free.

This has been a long, hard, battle, but I feel at last that it has been won.

Luv ya, girlie.

Can someone please help me?

I have read about live flushes on this forum before and am VERY interested in them. I have tried all sorts of harmful drugs and topical creams to clear up my acne and NOTHING has worked. Can someone please paste the directions for liver flushing in this thread? I've been looking at some sites but all they do is confuse me. confused.gif ALSO: If you do the flushes, is it ok to take vitamins that you were taking beforehand? I take Vitamin B once a day, Vitamin C twice a day, and one more three times a day (I forget what its called but its Omega 3-6-9 something or other). When I get another bottle, I'll know for sure what its called.

i agree completely with you. It's your body and you can do whatever you want, but I feel you are giving people the impression that it is a "miracle cure". You and the select few who benefit from this home remedy may have results, but most of the general acne population will only make themselves sick. This is beside the fact that I believe you are hugely exagerating how bad your acne was. It's not even clear what the long term side effects of doing this to your body is. It may be "all natural", but lab results may turn out a different story. Go ahead and poison your blood with MgSO4.

the 'liver flushing placebo' its very interesting, . Many people say that those are "gallstones", who knows?

My recommendation is talk with a decent doctor about this. I know for sure he will laugh of you. You will hear the same thing "Do not harm yourself son" . Olive oil can have a bad effect in many individuals.

check this website.

I Tried a Liver Flush

Traditional home remedy

Last summer, I tried a liver flush. A traditional home remedy for removing fat-soluble toxins such as pesticide residues from the body, the liver flush has also gained immense popularity as a treatment for gallstones.

My sister Christine tried it first.

"Fifty stones", she reported, "I passed fifty gallstones!". I was as surprised as she was, because Christine is in her early twenties and does not have typical gallstone symptoms such as pain under her right ribcage, right shoulder pain, nausea, fatty food intolerance, constipation and gas.

Now I had to find out for myself.

The procedure was quite simple: I drink two glasses of organic apple juice every two hours for two days, eating only fruits and vegetables. At the end of the two days, I have one to two tablespoons of Epsom salts dissolved in water, followed by half a cup of olive oil with lemon juice at bedtime.

There is science behind the liver flush. Apple juice is high in malic acid, which acts as a solvent to weaken adhesions between solid globules. Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) relax smooth muscle and will relax and dilate the bile duct to enable larger solid particles to pass through. Unrefined olive oil stimulates the gallbladder and bile duct to contract and expel its contents.

I drank the apple juice for two days, diligently maintaining the two hour schedule. The olive oil was much more difficult. I hesitated for about fifteen minutes before pinching my nose and gulping it down, the way I used to when my mother made me drink tomato juice. The sensation of such a large amount of pure oil in my mouth was so unpleasant, I nearly vomited. I thought that turning off the lights and lying down would make me feel better, but it only took away all distraction and forced me to focus on my nausea. Somehow, though, I managed to fall asleep.

When I woke up the next morning, I had cramps in my abdomen, but I didn't have the urge to go to the bathroom. So I waited. And waited. Then suddenly I felt pressure building quickly in my intestines. The event was nothing short of explosive and peering into the toilet, satisfying. About 70 dark green balls, ranging in size from 1 mm to 1 cm were floating on the water. I picked one up and rinsed it off. It was gelatinous and felt soft and squishy.

But still I wondered how I could have had so many gallstones at my age and health. Their soft, translucent and gelatinous consistency also made question whether they were actually cholesterol stones.

I decided to do some research. The first thing I learned was that some people believe the gelatinous green balls are probably not gallstones. Several sources, including the naturopathic doctors Michael Murray and Joseph Pizzorno, said that "gallstones" typically passed during the liver flush are not really gallstones but simply soft complexes of mineral, olive oil and lemon juice produced within the digestive tract.

The liver flush is also theoretically unsafe for people who have gallstones. The large amount of oil causes the gallbladder to contract, making it possible for a gallstone to become lodged in the narrow opening of the gallbladder and necessitate emergency gallbladder surgery. Since gallstones are common in North America and many people with gallstones are asymptomatic, the absence of gallbladder-related symptoms does not mean an absence of risk. This procedure should only be done under the supervision of a trained health practitioner.

References

1. Kelley WD. One answer to cancer, 1999. [http://www.whale.to/cancer/k/Chapter_4.html]

2. Mills S, Bone K. Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy. London: Churchill Livingstone, 2000; 57-8.

3. Murray M, Pizzorno J. Textbook of Natural Medicine Vol.1 and 2. Edinburgh: Harcourt Publishers, 1999.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Ben,

Can you stop posting in this thread? You have contributed nothing.

Thanks."

When people are afraid that everything they believe in is wrong, this prefer to get away.

"You are a strong woman Denise. I admire you for standing apart from the herds who don't want to think for themselves."

Ha -- she stands together with the herds of naturopaths that believe that the best cure for anything is a cup of olive oil and a visit to CureZone.com. Please.

Guest Scorpioness

Ben takes a few quotes out of months of debating back and forth about the issues of which he disagrees with Denise, places them together, and adds an ignorant, sarcastic comment at the bottom of it, and you encourage him with ‘it’s great?’

First of all, I don’t want to come off judgmentally and tell you your standards must be really low, but I guess I’ll just let myself slide on that this time since I just said it. biggrin.gif

I stand by what I said to Denise. wub.gif She challenges conventional thinking in many ways in her life. I do not participate in liver flushing, however, after several years of following Denise’s posts on various forums, I have an appreciation of her amazing knowledge of natural treatment options, which do not stand stuck on liver flushing alone. eusa_hand.gif However, she is more well versed in the subject of liver flushing than anyone I know, and I have a lot of friends who are involved in or who practice alternative healing methods.

She has taken a lot of nonsense from Ben over a period of more than a few months, and after awhile, it gets really monotonous and irritating when Ben goes out of his way to attack everything she says, while adding nothing of value or substance to the threads in which he posts. doubt.gif

eusa_whistle.gif

agree completely with you. It's your body and you can do whatever you want, but I feel you are giving people the impression that it is a "miracle cure". You and the select few who benefit from this home remedy may have results, but most of the general acne population will only make themselves sick. This is beside the fact that I believe you are hugely exagerating how bad your acne was. It's not even clear what the long term side effects of doing this to your body is. It may be "all natural", but lab results may turn out a different story. Go ahead and poison your blood with MgSO4

Here's one from Curezone:

Hi, I've been lurking a long time...just finished 6th flush. I did the last two one week apart, did parasite cleanse w/ 3 herbs, and have psyllium and bentonite from Sonne's coming. My acne is pretty much gone and I'm amazed, I had some pretty bad breakouts, blackheads, cysts, etc. and stuff that would heal and then come back in exactly the same place. I'm surprised mostly by the way my skin feels. It's not bumpy anymore or coarse, it's soft and smooth and also hydrated-more like when I was 16 and didn't have one pimple. Amazing how short of a period of time it takes for the body to heal itself once you give it what it needs, it truly is amazing! So, I know that my acne was a result of a build up of toxins as I aged, since I didn't have any acne as a teen at all. Actually, it started when I took some pretty hardcore meds for about 3 months back in the early 90's and it never went away. I bet it was hiding in my system all these years. I had some pinkish patches on the sides of my cheeks, too, and now they are fading and becoming more even toned. Can't wait to see what results from the bentonite! It all makes so much sense now, doesn't it, that our bodies were built to heal under the right circumstances. There are other health benefits I've derived but better skin is definitely tops. And I have spent thousands on expensive skincare products, wish I had that cash back now! It really all starts from within! I would tell anyone to throw the drugs out as soon as they possibly can and do this instead!

Another one:

I just wanted to say i completed my 5th liver flush yesterday and i feel great!!! The 5th liver flush expelled about 25 quarter size stones! I'm so elated right now!!! I first started liver flushing to get rid of my cystic acne and after my 3rd one my acne has subsided substantially. Not only has my acne mellowed down, overall i feel more healthier and less depressed. I just want thank everyone who helped me out on this journey and all those who share their stories to motivate me to give liver flushing a try. It's been the best thing i've done for myself. Curezone is a godsend!:)

CureZone = liars.

It's like when you felt like a real winner until I pointed out that you were quoting famous fugitive Hulda Clark.

Just never learn, do 'ya, Den'? Your quotes, at best, sound like badly manufactured promotions of a non-working technique. "Oh man, this is great! Throw out the meds and just do this!!!!"

Scoff.

When did I quote Hulda Clarke. It's quite literally NEVER happened. Ever. Not even once.

Let's try this again.

Hulda Clarke is a naturopath who has been relentlessly pursued by the regular medical establishment. Lawsuits have been brought against her and dismissed. (Forgot that part, right?)

Hulda Clarke believes in liverflushing.

So do I.

So does Andreas Moritz. So does Dr. Daniel Vinograd. So does a medical doctor by the name of Joseph Mercola.

So does Robi, the dude from the second post I put up.

Many people believe that man went to the moon, too, Ben.

Does this kind of logic make you the genius you purport to be?

Oh yeah, and one more thing. Where is your proof that people who post at Curezone are all "liars", and what is in it for them, or ME for that matter, to lie?

Again...your logic is astonishingly non-logical.

Lying keeps them in their little world of "I'm in control of everything" even though they're not. By seeing other likewise confused people, they reinforce their beliefs of not being the crazy ones.

I know that many people believe that man went to the moon... I'm one of them. Your point with that one?

When I have time, I'll dig through your message archive where you praised and defended the great Hulda and bashed the evil feds that stopped her from selling her skin zapper to cancer patients.

I'm glad you found me a list of six people who believe in liverflushing. Are you one of the people that also doesn't believe in evolution because it's only a "theory?"

No doubt he's a republican----tunnel vision....my way is the only way....."I'm ALWAYS right, you're ALWAYS wrong......narrow minded.........blah, blah, blah.... eusa_liar.gif

Lying keeps them in their little world of "I'm in control of everything" even though they're not. By seeing other likewise confused people, they reinforce their beliefs of not being the crazy ones.

I know that many people believe that man went to the moon... I'm one of them. Your point with that one?

When I have time, I'll dig through your message archive where you praised and defended the great Hulda and bashed the evil feds that stopped her from selling her skin zapper to cancer patients.

I'm glad you found me a list of six people who believe in liverflushing. Are you one of the people that also doesn't believe in evolution because it's only a "theory?"

So which is it, Ben? Did I "quote" Hulda Clark, or did I "defend" her. Actually, I did neither. I said very succinctly and clearly that Clark happened to believe in liverflushing, and so did I. Dr. Clark happens to have a version of liverflushing listed at Curezone, and there are actually 4 versions of the liverflush listed at Curezone. As to directly commenting on Dr. Clark, about all I have said is that I don't know that much about her, but I do know that she has been pursued by the medical establishment, and that lawsuits filed against her have been dismissed. That's quite literally all I've said.

Your over-the-top broadbrush painting is absurdly immature and shows a desperation that is quite apparent.

You're too easy, dude.

You constantly put your foot in your mouth. There are way more than six people I have quoted, and you know that. Heck, there are six people who post here at Acne.org who have cleared their acne and various other skin ailments. I read posts all the time where people cleared various skin conditions from liverflushing; acne just happens to be one of them.

I truly feel sorry for you, you know that? You try ssssssssooooooooo hard to be the superhero who's gonna save us all from ourselves, yet people still p.m. me about liver flushing, and they still do it anyway, despite your less than stellar performances here on the board.

Again....you have no proof that anyone is lying, yet you still push and peddle this crap and still try to give advice on clearing acne, and you never even had more than a few zits. Well, good for you. Many of us weren't that blessed.

Actually I'm more of a liberal; my parents (who still live in Texas) can't believe I liked Kerry. But alright -- there goes the readibility of that post.

Deni,

You've both quoted and defended Hulda. In one of your bouts of "I'll act like I'm intelligent by plagiarizing," you posted something by Hulda (that's the "quote" part, if you didn't know). You then defended her when I discredited your source by saying, "Yeah... she was pursued for fraud but all the cases were dropped." And you never did answer when I told you that the cases dropped were because the DA didn't believe they could get a conviction -- plenty of guilty people get charged dropped against them but anyone who's not a member of the judicial system can still tell they're guilty. Hulda is the OJ Simpson of liverflushing.

"Again....you have no proof that anyone is lying, yet you still push and peddle this crap and still try to give advice on clearing acne, and you never even had more than a few zits. Well, good for you. Many of us weren't that blessed."

Haha. Your favorite game seems to be to bash me for not having acne as bad as yours. I'm sorry; I'll go try harder to get a severe case. I actually laughed out loud when you used the phrase "you have no proof" because you never have answered my charges of why doctors (that are actual doctors, not the dentist you believe is the god of the naturopathic realm) not only discredit liverflushing but explain it being crap. You just say, "They don't know," but, quoting you, you have NO PROOF that liverflushing does anything. Your "testimonials" are truly desperate -- I can type up 13 claiming that washing my hands before going outside helped clear my acne but that isn't really proof. Sorry. I'd comment on the rest of your post but it's mostly you just repeating yourself and saying how I make myself look like an idiot when it's you devoting several paragraphs to addressing everything but proof that liverflushing is nothing but a placebo. I know it's easier to try discrediting me by making vague statements, though, so I forgive you for using so little effort.

"BenKweller, shut the fuck up already."

Get Midol. Please. Or a bigger vocabulary.

"Hmmm. Yeah I was gonna put it a little differently...lol. Basically, why would anyone who is so against something always reply to the threads on it and say how bad it is, etc etc. Sorry, but you're not going to change anyone's minds. If people would like to try this approach to clearing acne, so what? Its not your body they're messing around with so chill."

I reply on threads like that because this board, as a whole, lacks the common sense of skepticism. Everyone is so fed up with acne that they don't take a minute to step back and see if it passes the bullshit test. I'm the skeptic who says, "No, liverflushing doesn't pass." I know you like to be in a little bubble where you believe that everyone on CureZone is a good person who knows their stuff but everyone seems to just get very quiet when I bring about evidence by real doctors who say, quite clearly, that liverflushing has no basis in anything real. Just like colonics. I still love that everytime I've posted the QuackWatch link about colonics being fraud, no one answers and takes my post into consideration -- they know they've been beat so they choose to just lie to themselves.

I know the truth hurts, guys, but it's the only way to learn.

I'd say that you really don't have proof something doesn't work until you try it yourself. And even then, everything works differently for everybody. If normal meds would have worked for me then I'd be extremely happy but guess what? They didn't. Not even Accutane. That could lead me to believe that modern medication does shit but I'm not gonna go around telling people not to try Accutane because it may work for them (and it may not). Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't for someone else know what I mean? Every person responds differently to everything and who knows, maybe stuff like liver flushing ACTUALLY works for some people. I don't care what those stupid studies say. They also say a lot of shit like food doesn't affect your skin and I've found out that for me it does so there. Nobody is the same in any which way including how they respond to certain products, procedures, etc.