How Long Before The...

Notifications
Clear all

How Long Before The Flaking Stops?

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/12/2014 6:07 pm

Im on my second week of the regimen and im seeing good results however my skin is full of flakes. The skin I can see underneath the flakes looks clear but its covered in the flakes.

Just wondering how long it took for your flaking to stop/skin to adjust?

Oh and I wont be putting jojoba oil on my face because I know my skin too well and know it will clog my pores.

Any advice welcome! :)

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/12/2014 7:51 pm

Hi

My daughter was on the Regimen and had flakes/dry patches for the first month. Then she started combining some of the Regimen's AHA (glycolic acid) with her moisturizer and the flakes went away in a matter of days. (Jojoba oil did not suit her either! )If you read the instructions for the Regimen it says not to use the AHA until you have been using the bp for a month, but it might be worth it for you to try it in a couple of weeks. Until then just make sure you are using lots of a non comedogenic moisturizer.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 05/13/2014 10:41 am

Thanks for your advice, I bought at AHA but Im waiting till I have less active acne before using it. Fortunately Im in my house revising for my final exams at the moment so no one is really going to see my flaky skin!

MemberMember
(@megchau)

Posted : 02/10/2015 4:37 pm

Hi

My daughter was on the Regimen and had flakes/dry patches for the first month. Then she started combining some of the Regimen's AHA (glycolic acid) with her moisturizer and the flakes went away in a matter of days. (Jojoba oil did not suit her either! )If you read the instructions for the Regimen it says not to use the AHA until you have been using the bp for a month, but it might be worth it for you to try it in a couple of weeks. Until then just make sure you are using lots of a non comedogenic moisturizer.

Good luck.

Hi sorry I know this was months ago, but did she use the AHA only at night every night? I'm really struggling with my flakes and Im so unhappy becauSe I'm starting a new waitressing job in a few days and I don't want to be the new girl at work with flaking skin.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 02/18/2015 3:59 pm

Sorry for the late reply - for some reason I don't get notified if someone quotes me or responds even if I ask for notifications.

Anyway, my daughter used the AHA both morning and night, in the morning just on it's own and at night mixed with moisturizer.

Hope you found what works for you!

Megchau liked
MemberMember
(@rpython)

Posted : 02/20/2015 5:28 pm

I still get flasks in the 5th week....

MemberMember
(@mms3192)

Posted : 03/06/2015 3:34 am

It never really stopped for me unfortunately and I'm in my 7th month. My skin is clear. I combat the flaking by applying lotion and jojoba oil multiple times after bp. I use neutrogena combination skin moisturizer. Works way better than the regimens moisturizer for me at least. Also this is the one step I don't follow the rules by. I know dan says to rub gently with your fingers but I use my whole hands and rub with a little force. If you have a lot of active acne, maybe wait to rub harder once it clears up cause I understand the concept. And you will clear up! Took me to 5 months to get completely clear. I've had one pimple since the beginning of this year

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 03/06/2015 2:36 pm

Im on my second week of the regimen and im seeing good results however my skin is full of flakes. The skin I can see underneath the flakes looks clear but its covered in the flakes.

Just wondering how long it took for your flaking to stop/skin to adjust?

Oh and I wont be putting jojoba oil on my face because I know my skin too well and know it will clog my pores.

Any advice welcome! smile.png

Hello Sky,

I'm sorry to learn that you are having some difficulties with The Regimen. What you are experiencing is perfectly normal especially if you are a first time user of Benzoyl Peroxide. I would recommend that you use the Moisturizer as often as needed (preferably every 4-6 hours) until your skin is fully adjusted to the BP. After a few weeks, you should be able to use the Moisturizer only twice a day without experiencing any flakiness on your skin.