Notifications
Clear all

Male Hormonal (Clogged Pores/cyst) Help?

MemberMember
(@rl33)

Posted : 05/11/2014 6:42 pm

Hey gals and guys,

I've noticed I have hormonal acne. I breakout when I eat red meat, dairy in excess, and (we're all adults here) have sex/masturbate, so I'm sure it's hormonal. I have oily skin. Also, I only get it on my lower cheeks and sometimes on my jawline (cysts/milia-ish clogged pores). My forehead and everything else is flawless (knock on wood, haha).

My question is: what should I take? I've read about Saw Palmetto, Teas, Zinc, etc, but I'd love for a recommendation. I've been to the Derm and all he gave me was sulfur...tskkk. I'm male, 21 years old. Money isn't really a problem. Seriously, I'll pay anything to get rid of this!

I'm allergic to fish and shellfish, and I do not eat red meat. If anyone could help, you'd be an angel to me.

Thank you so much and I look forward to your suggestions.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/15/2014 10:53 pm

Hey gals and guys,

I've noticed I have hormonal acne. I breakout when I eat red meat, dairy in excess, and (we're all adults here) have sex/masturbate, so I'm sure it's hormonal. I have oily skin. Also, I only get it on my lower cheeks and sometimes on my jawline (cysts/milia-ish clogged pores). My forehead and everything else is flawless (knock on wood, haha).

My question is: what should I take? I've read about Saw Palmetto, Teas, Zinc, etc, but I'd love for a recommendation. I've been to the Derm and all he gave me was sulfur...tskkk. I'm male, 21 years old. Money isn't really a problem. Seriously, I'll pay anything to get rid of this!

I'm allergic to fish and shellfish, and I do not eat red meat. If anyone could help, you'd be an angel to me.

Thank you so much and I look forward to your suggestions.

First, try to cut out the dairy for a while. It might be all you need. Sulfur never helped me btw, it made my skin more irritated.

Saw palmetto might help since some men use it for acne...not sure if many guys read the hormonal forum though, you may want to also post in the holistic forum for feedback from men.

MemberMember
(@echo91)

Posted : 05/20/2014 2:43 pm

My acne is also hormonal as well as being a Male and 23 years of age. I have started taking Saw Palmetto, DIM plus and Vitamin D3 for around 2 weeks now and I have not had any breakouts since around a week ago.

I also decided to stop masturbating for some time (since 3 weeks ago) so that might also be helping.

I still eat dairy and meat though doesn't seem to be causing any trouble at the moment.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 07/04/2014 1:49 pm

Saw palmetto has been beneficial for many men. Don't overdo it. It will dehydrate you so drink a lot of water.

I do not recommend DIM for acne.

There are also milder herbs like stinging nettle or pumpkin seed oil that you may tolerate better than saw palmetto.