Notifications
Clear all

Acne And New Relationships

MemberMember
(@lisaj1298)

Posted : 05/08/2014 3:39 am

Hi all!

I'm new here and it looks like a great forum so I hope you guys can give me some advice/understanding on my latest acne woes!

I've recently started seeing someone new after breaking up with my bf of 5 years and I think I'd forgotten how difficult a new relationship can be when struggling with acne. With my ex, it didn't bother me as much as he'd seen it all by that point.

How do you guys normally broach the subject? It's obvious I have acne so I don't want to ignore it and have mentioned to him that I am very self conscious about it.

It's starting to really get me down now though as I'm having really bad breakouts at the moment and I just don't feel comfortable staying at his place where he'll see me without my makeup on. Which I feel vain and ridiculous about!

I don't want it to get to the point where he thinks I'm pushing him away because he seems like a really nice guy. And I know if he doesn't want to be with me because of my acne then he's obviously not worth it but it still doesn't stop me from feeling ugly and really unconfident :(

How does everyone normally deal with new relationships?

P.s sorry for the essay!!

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 05/08/2014 7:19 am

Hi all!

I'm new here and it looks like a great forum so I hope you guys can give me some advice/understanding on my latest acne woes!

I've recently started seeing someone new after breaking up with my bf of 5 years and I think I'd forgotten how difficult a new relationship can be when struggling with acne. With my ex, it didn't bother me as much as he'd seen it all by that point.

How do you guys normally broach the subject? It's obvious I have acne so I don't want to ignore it and have mentioned to him that I am very self conscious about it.

It's starting to really get me down now though as I'm having really bad breakouts at the moment and I just don't feel comfortable staying at his place where he'll see me without my makeup on. Which I feel vain and ridiculous about!

I don't want it to get to the point where he thinks I'm pushing him away because he seems like a really nice guy. And I know if he doesn't want to be with me because of my acne then he's obviously not worth it but it still doesn't stop me from feeling ugly and really unconfident

How does everyone normally deal with new relationships?

P.s sorry for the essay!!

Well, you kinda said it yourself. If he is not civilized about it, then he isn't worth staying with. The only solution is to talk about it. Personally, I would never judge a person based on a skin issue. It's not like it is contagious cancer or something. People are not ugly, because of a skin issue. The ugly people are the bullies who see people with skin issues as lesser people.

MemberMember
(@faceandlms)

Posted : 05/09/2014 12:27 pm

Most guys dont care about acne.

If you're a guy however girls want guys with olive skin, chiseled jaw, nice eyes, dark hair, a low thick hairline, 6foot+ height, low bodyfat etc. Guys are much more limited by looks.

If you're a girl pretty much any 5-7/10 guy would be interested in you provided you have a slender body.

MemberMember
(@lisaj1298)

Posted : 05/09/2014 4:57 pm

If you're a guy however girls want guys with olive skin, chiseled jaw, nice eyes, dark hair, a low thick hairline, 6foot+ height, low bodyfat etc. Guys are much more limited by looks.

If you're a girl pretty much any 5-7/10 guy would be interested in you provided you have a slender body.

I don't have a problem with my figure, people often compliment me on it but surely there's more to it than that?

Personally I don't go for the type of man you describe. If he makes me laugh, that's the kind of thing I find attractive.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/09/2014 7:01 pm

Yes I would agree that most girls do not go for the type of guy you describe (faceandlms). No one I know is with a guy that fits that description! I think that women tend to be judged by their looks more and men not so much. Just my opinion

If you are really looking for a relationship then there is a lot more to it than looks to keep it lasting.

Lisaj1298 this fellow has seen you and your complexion and obviously likes you and finds you attractive so that should give you some confidence. Pushing him away will turn him off way more than your complexion. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@lisaj1298)

Posted : 05/10/2014 3:35 am

Lisaj1298 this fellow has seen you and your complexion and obviously likes you and finds you attractive so that should give you some confidence. Pushing him away will turn him off way more than your complexion. Good luck.

Thank you Hope7, I think you've probably hit the nail on the head there. Pushing him away will definitely be more of a turn off rather than just being comfortable enough in my own skin.

MemberMember
(@faceandlms)

Posted : 05/10/2014 3:35 am

I don't have a problem with my figure, people often compliment me on it but surely there's more to it than that?

Personally I don't go for the type of man you describe. If he makes me laugh, that's the kind of thing I find attractive.

I don't buy it.

Will you at least admit that you care more about a guy's face than his body? So many sub 5 guys like me are under the dellusion that working out is going to get them a girlfriend.

Women says looks dont matter but scientific studies say they're no different than men (except they care about a guy's face which he can't change without investing tens of thousands of dollars and risky surgeries)

I've had girls giggling and call me "funny" "jokes" and "confident" . It dosent mean anything.

My horsey face, rosacea, moles, big nose, oversized forehead, and high hairline has made me perpetually single. I don't know why I didnt end it sooner.

If you invent a safe face transplant and give me one for free I'll agree with you completely and take back all of the negative stuff I've said.

MemberMember
(@lisaj1298)

Posted : 05/12/2014 11:58 am

I'm not saying looks don't matter at all but there's certainly a lot more to it than that. Everyone has insecurities and that makes this difficult to believe I know that.

But I didn't find my current bf particularly attractive when we first met but I think he's gorgeous now. I'm attracted to him because I'm attracted to who he is.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time of it faceandlms but have you ever thought that your negative attitude is contributing to your single status?

MemberMember
(@faceandlms)

Posted : 05/12/2014 5:06 pm

I'm not saying looks don't matter at all but there's certainly a lot more to it than that. Everyone has insecurities and that makes this difficult to believe I know that.

But I didn't find my current bf particularly attractive when we first met but I think he's gorgeous now. I'm attracted to him because I'm attracted to who he is.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time of it faceandlms but have you ever thought that your negative attitude is contributing to your single status?

Nope, like I said girls always call me funny etc.

I've started to learn to cope with it and just focus on getting rich. The best revenge is being rich when all of your old "friends" are broke.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 05/13/2014 6:51 pm

Getting rich as a way to "one up" those old friends or enemies will not be as satisfying as you might think. I've watched complete aholes that i graduated with turn around their lifee some how (out of the drugs, women, dead end job) and are now successful.Rich or not the life they live makes a person, even a rich person jealous. Because they are happy.

I know of a couple that probably make less combined a year than i do, but are happier than me at this point.