Questions On The Re...

Notifications
Clear all

Questions On The Regimen.

MemberMember
(@taimur32)

Posted : 05/05/2014 1:12 am

Hi there.

I'm a 29 YO male and just got the worst break-out of acne in my life. Since i'm in a place where it would be impossible to order the regimen, i am using the following replacement products:

Cleanser: Clean and Clear foaming facial cleanser

BP: Brevoxyl 4% BP topical cream (the weakest strength i could find)

Moisturiser: L'Oreal Men expert hydra energetic quenching gel

Had a few questions:

1 - My skin is really oily and i live in a very humid climate. Even after brevoxyl my skin retains a shiny look. Can i skip application of the moisturiser?

2- Is it safe to go out in the sun with brevoxyl applied to my face?

3- Wife is pregnant with our first. While i try to avoid application when i am with her i would still like to know if BP is safe to use during pregnancy (internet searches have so far given mixed answers)

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 05/05/2014 2:02 pm

Hey, there. I have the answers to your queries.

1. The bp gradually dries the skin and makes it sensitive, so you would better use a moisturizer.

2. Its better your day cream to have an spf, again for the reason that bp makes skin more sensitive.

3. As far as i know there is no problem for a pregnant woman to come in contact with the bp. I have read in a blog somewhere in the net that a woman used the regimen during pregnancy with no problem and approved by her derm, so i guess its ok! The bp action is mainly superficial and i dont think it is absorbed in terms to pass to the baby. But, ask your wife's gynecologist for a professional opinion.

taimur32 liked
MemberMember
(@taimur32)

Posted : 05/05/2014 9:56 pm

Hey, there. I have the answers to your queries.

1. The bp gradually dries the skin and makes it sensitive, so you would better use a moisturizer.

2. Its better your day cream to have an spf, again for the reason that bp makes skin more sensitive.

3. As far as i know there is no problem for a pregnant woman to come in contact with the bp. I have read in a blog somewhere in the net that a woman used the regimen during pregnancy with no problem and approved by her derm, so i guess its ok! The bp action is mainly superficial and i dont think it is absorbed in terms to pass to the baby. But, ask your wife's gynecologist for a professional opinion.

Thanks! will check with the gynae/obs on our next visit.

One more thing: is it normal for my acne to double or quadruple after a few days of application of BP? I remember Retin A had the same effect, it got worse before it got better.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 05/06/2014 9:21 am

Its totally normal. Your face is bursting out everything it was holding back. That means the bp is working. Its the purging phase. Hang on and you will have results!

MemberMember
(@taimur32)

Posted : 05/06/2014 11:29 am

Its totally normal. Your face is bursting out everything it was holding back. That means the bp is working. Its the purging phase. Hang on and you will have results!

Thanks! appreciate you answering my questions.

MemberMember
(@tophat44)

Posted : 05/06/2014 1:41 pm

Quick question about the regimen.

I've been using OTC recommended Regimen products for the longest time, I finally decided to suck it up and pay the extra dollar for Acne.org products, I've been on the regimen for about three months (still not clear! Argg!) and never had dry skin. But as soon as I started using the Acne.org moisturizer I have had the WORST dry skin I have ever had in my entire life. I have even had my mom pick my up from school certain days because the flakes were so bad (my friends call me "snake boy") Because the price-per-ounce is rather expensive I was really disappointed in the moisturizer, in other words its garbage. So now my problem is finding a thick moisturizer that gets rid of flakes and dry skin, and doesn't have any pore clogging ingredients...

help is much appreciated!

(note I also use Alpha Hydrox AHA every other night)