Notifications
Clear all

I Just Need To Vent, Vent With Me!

MemberMember
(@brittnirk)

Posted : 04/24/2014 12:58 am

THESE ARE THE THOUGHTS THAT RUN THROUGH MY HEAD EVERY DAY AND WHAT IVE DEALT WITH

I have had moderate/severe acne for 6 years. started in high school and has never fully gone away and just when i think it might be it comes back.

Lately however i feel like its alot worse, maybe i just forget what it used to look like but since it was clear for like 2 weeks now that its back i feel helpless again.

Im embarrassed and ashamed. I know its not my fault but i am. I feel as though i could get away with it more in high school because its normal to break out (even though it sucked and i felt like everyone else had flawless skin) but now that i am an adult it feels like why would i still have acne like wtf.

I always feel like people stare, my self esteem from this is zero at the moment. i stare at pictures of me where i edit my skin clear and think i would be so confident if this is what it were always like.

no makeup i feel like i cannot leave the house, with makeup i feel cakey and greasy. I dont want my boyfriend to look at me i literally want to always dim the lights or cover the part of my face breaking out the worst. I had my first panic attack when i was at a party becuase i felt SO ugly. Im social and i like to joke around but when i cant stop freaking out about how gross i look and how badly i just want to look clear and pretty it ruins any chance of me being myself.

I just want to know WHEN it will go away and IF it will go away FOR GOOD THIS TIME. i feel utterly defeated now more than ever out of the past 6 years. Cry every day. Sympathize for anyone one going through the same type thing. We cant fix it or each other but we are the only ones who understand how it feels.

WHY ISNT THERE A CURE ITS 2014!!!! i get accutane and that bs but why isnt there something better yet!!!

My life, would be incredibly different today if i just didnt have to constantly be worried or upset about my face. and i mean constantly it is 100% all i think about 24 hours a day.

Acne physically affects you but i would say it affects you worse mentally.

Im just sorry for everyone with it my love is sent to you all and i believe we notice our own face way more than others.

I broke up this thing into chunks so no one has to read it all but it felt nice to write it down ill probably start an acne journal!!

keep going! There is more to life, but its tough

TinyKates liked
MemberMember
(@monstersinyourhead)

Posted : 04/24/2014 1:10 am

I know what you mean, i am dealing with OCD and pretty bad anxiety. I fear of acne and since i'm so stressed and it's on my mind 24/7, my mind tricks my face into thinking that i do have acne. Lol...maybe that might be true, but Jesus, the stress is KILLING me and making my acne 1000x worse. I just don't understand why such thing exist.

What are you using at the moment?

MemberMember
(@brittnirk)

Posted : 04/24/2014 1:55 am

im currently using the acne.org regimen im at week 2! so far i haven't really noticed much change but im going to stick with it for 3 months!

MemberMember
(@mrska)

Posted : 04/24/2014 6:40 am

Just know that you are not alone. I'm going trough a rough time as well at the moment. My issue is that I pick at them and I KNOW I shouldn't. Picking is the root of why my acne or acne scars are here. Im trying not to pick anymore but it's hard.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/25/2014 8:33 pm

I totally relate. Literally my every thought is about my acne. I wake up sometimes in the middle of the night and start freaking out if I'm laying on my stomach and my face is touching the pillow. I do the craziest things to try and prevent breakouts, but they keep coming. I sleep with a freaking shower cap on to avoid oils from my hair touching my face, and I wash my face with Poland spring water bc I heard facet water has chlorine in it, which can worsen acne. Every time I try something new I get hopeful, but it keeps getting worse :( I'm so depressed and anxious, I'm sorry you are going through this too. It really sucks. I hope yours clears up ASAP!

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 04/26/2014 7:21 am

hi britt! I wanted to share with you that I have been where you are and can absolutely relate. I am 32 yo female and have had to deal with hormonal acne flareups two times in my adult years. First when I was 26 and my hormones went haywire and now recently at 32 as I was diagnosed with PCOS. I did find a treatment to control and clear my acne. I use Spironolactone and Yasmin as my BCP. It did take several months to balance out my hormones, and those months were the hell you speak of, but now I have consistently clear skin. It is a dream. Now I am not recommending medication if you don't have an imbalance, but as an adult female acne is pretty much linked to an imbalance of some sort. There are more natural methods such as herbal treatment that has similar effects as Sprio on the body. Saw Palmetto, DIM, Inositol. I feel your pain of wanting this to go away, and sometimes you have to keep trying different methods. Mine also including cleaning my diet of no dairy, sugar, caffeine and gluten free while I was trying to clear. Now that I am clear, I have slowly started enjoying gluten and sugar sparingly with no ill effects. There is a ton of info on these boards for these treatment methods. I am so thankful I found this place and learned about Spiro and am now acne free. I wish the same for all of you as I know the intense pain and loneliness. I did also go on anti anxiety meds during my treatment and that helped immensely. It was not a decision I took lightly at all, but I had to take control of the uncontrollable thoughts and obsession on my skin. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and hugs today and hope you find your answers. I am here if you have any questions on the treatment I use.

THESE ARE THE THOUGHTS THAT RUN THROUGH MY HEAD EVERY DAY AND WHAT IVE DEALT WITH

I have had moderate/severe acne for 6 years. started in high school and has never fully gone away and just when i think it might be it comes back.

Lately however i feel like its alot worse, maybe i just forget what it used to look like but since it was clear for like 2 weeks now that its back i feel helpless again.

Im embarrassed and ashamed. I know its not my fault but i am. I feel as though i could get away with it more in high school because its normal to break out (even though it sucked and i felt like everyone else had flawless skin) but now that i am an adult it feels like why would i still have acne like wtf.

I always feel like people stare, my self esteem from this is zero at the moment. i stare at pictures of me where i edit my skin clear and think i would be so confident if this is what it were always like.

no makeup i feel like i cannot leave the house, with makeup i feel cakey and greasy. I dont want my boyfriend to look at me i literally want to always dim the lights or cover the part of my face breaking out the worst. I had my first panic attack when i was at a party becuase i felt SO ugly. Im social and i like to joke around but when i cant stop freaking out about how gross i look and how badly i just want to look clear and pretty it ruins any chance of me being myself.

I just want to know WHEN it will go away and IF it will go away FOR GOOD THIS TIME. i feel utterly defeated now more than ever out of the past 6 years. Cry every day. Sympathize for anyone one going through the same type thing. We cant fix it or each other but we are the only ones who understand how it feels.

WHY ISNT THERE A CURE ITS 2014!!!! i get accutane and that bs but why isnt there something better yet!!!

My life, would be incredibly different today if i just didnt have to constantly be worried or upset about my face. and i mean constantly it is 100% all i think about 24 hours a day.

Acne physically affects you but i would say it affects you worse mentally.

Im just sorry for everyone with it my love is sent to you all and i believe we notice our own face way more than others.

I broke up this thing into chunks so no one has to read it all but it felt nice to write it down ill probably start an acne journal!!

keep going! There is more to life, but its tough

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 04/28/2014 5:36 am

Moved this thread to the emo forum.

MemberMember
(@tinykates)

Posted : 04/30/2014 9:59 pm

YES I understand you so well... I'm still in school and yet it seems to me like everyone has nice skin. URRRGGG!!! People are so arrogant and rude sometimes.