Notifications
Clear all

Chest Acne That Won't Go Away?!

MemberMember
(@bee92)

Posted : 04/21/2014 5:31 pm

So I had bad chest acne about 2 months ago but I went on birth control and it cleared up, then I took a break for my period and I broke out between in my cleavage. It's been like 3 weeks and it won't go away.

I've tried cetaphil and moisturizing, spot treatments, tea tree oil.

It just makes it worst.

It looks like dirt inside and the tip is pointy to the touch. When I wash it or scrub it, it becomes swollen and skin coloured.

What should I do? The skin around it is so red and irritated, I just want it to go away

(I includes pictures of my skin original break out and the acne I can't get rid of now)

post-391684-0-44743700-1398119392_thumb.

post-391684-0-31243000-1398119400_thumb.

post-391684-0-51868400-1398119444_thumb.

post-391684-0-68228400-1398119452_thumb.

post-391684-0-82802300-1398119459_thumb.

MemberMember
(@nonamn)

Posted : 05/05/2014 4:31 pm

Ever thought about it may not be acne vulgaris but pityrosporum folliculitis? Check it out.

MemberMember
(@ty12345)

Posted : 08/01/2014 9:38 pm

Okay so Im 15 and im a guy and I have had chest acne for about a year now. It all started when I got back from the beach one day. There was a big pimple in the center of my chest and it was my first one ever on my chest so I thought nothing of it. From then it just starting getting worse and worse. It seemed like none of it ever went away! I saw the dermo a couple of times and he kept giving me oral pills and topical stuff. Now my chest is completely flat but still has all the marks of acne. Its extremely embarassing because I have a lot of friends and stuff but havent been to the pool or beach once because im afraid to take my shirt off. So basically has anyone ever had chest acne like this, how did u get rid of it, how long did it take, and why do I have it in the first place? Thanks so much!

MemberMember
(@jessicaloveford)

Posted : 08/27/2014 11:13 am

Acne is a crazy problem that millions of people suffer with and there are so many reasons why and when it occurs... What worked yesterday for someone may not work tomorrow for the same person... Our bodies are always changing so I understand how frustrating chest acne can be... Can be extremely irritating and uncomfortable... What I have learned is to never give up trying to find the solution that is right for you... I do know that diet is the #1 cause for all acne symptoms as well as water intake but there are many other factors also. Air, cleanliness, habitual environment, etc all contribute in one way or another... Just keep searching and don't accept contentment for the irritation.

Having said all that, please be very careful what you do put on your skin. Some treatments will do more harm than the chest acne itself and will create way more insecurities... So be careful and don't leave anything on to long.

Be healthy and Happy. - Jessica L.

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/27/2014 1:01 pm

Three weeks is a long time. It means there's still a bit of infection there. Body acne is also just slower to heal.

It's not folliculitis, it's good old-fashioned sweat-induced cleavage acne. Keep it very dry. Gold Bond's medicated powder or any unscented body powder will help clear it up faster.

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 08/28/2014 12:55 pm

So I had bad chest acne about 2 months ago but I went on birth control and it cleared up, then I took a break for my period and I broke out between in my cleavage. It's been like 3 weeks and it won't go away.

I've tried cetaphil and moisturizing, spot treatments, tea tree oil.

It just makes it worst.

It looks like dirt inside and the tip is pointy to the touch. When I wash it or scrub it, it becomes swollen and skin coloured.

What should I do? The skin around it is so red and irritated, I just want it to go away

(I includes pictures of my skin original break out and the acne I can't get rid of now)

1. Eat a healthy low gi diet limit sugar .

2. Your acne looks quite mild.

3. Drink licorice tea 3 cups for a short period of time. And lots of water.

4. Instead of birth controlthere are other herbal supplements usch as milk thistle, red clover, chasteberries also konwo as vitex

5. Eat fresh food not processed, fried.

6 For hormmonal acne use either DIM or Vitex or both.

7 Clean your liver with herbs and spices.

7a- Drink of tumeric and black pepper . Things to consume - burdock root dandlion root, ginger.

8. Eat garlic one clove a day then two after a while

9 Dont stress

10 Good luck

Dont worry I have bad/severe acne face and back and severe kp on arms legs. Also try faith in nature soap

MemberMember
(@ohgoshacne)

Posted : 01/06/2015 11:04 pm

may i know if you have had any luck treating it?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/16/2015 3:11 am

Ever thought about it may not be acne vulgaris but pityrosporum folliculitis? Check it out.

MemberMember
(@jersie)

Posted : 12/17/2015 4:59 pm

Hopefully the original post has found a solution by now but for anyone else that is reading this with chest and/or back acne I'll tell you what cured mine. I bought Dr. Songs Acne Medicated Gel from Amazon.com 10% Benzoyl peroxide and put it on my chest and back every night after my shower. Make sure you wear a WHITE shirt to bed or else it will bleach it. Anyway in the morning I would wake up, shower, and go about the rest of my day. in 2-3 weeks I was 90% clear. I didn't use moisturizer or anything else with it.

Hope this helps someone!