Ending Week 5 Of Th...

Notifications
Clear all

Ending Week 5 Of The Regimen And Still No Results

MemberMember
(@shmyddy)

Posted : 04/17/2014 2:06 am

This is my fifth (5th) week of being on the Regimen diligently and precisely everyday, and I'm still not getting results. Around the second (2nd) week I thought I noticed my skin clearing a little bit, but recently it seems like it has only been getting worse. I began with moderate to severe acne mainly on my forehead. Now, I'm also breaking out around my cheeks, which has not happened for a while before starting the Regimen. I never wear makeup and I have managed to stop touching and picking at my face since starting the Regimen.

I'm so sick and tired of waiting for my skin to improve when it only gets worse. I have tried everything from harsher acne medications, exfoliants, Solodyn prescription, just face wash, wearing makeup, not wearing makeup, and now onto the Regimen. I don't know what I did to deserve this but it's the only thing about myself that I am extremely unhappy about, and it makes me terribly depressed. I was be the most confident person ever if my skin was clear. Oh my god I can't even imagine how amazing that would feel.

If anyone could give me some advice about how to look at this situation, that would be much appreciated. Approaching my sixth (6th) week on the treatment, should I continue treating with the Regimen? Or should I give up and try something for drastic and severe, such as Accutane?

Thank you to anyone who reads this and/or responds. :/

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 04/17/2014 9:27 am

If you can, try to hang in there. I know it's frustrating but the first few months do feel like a roller coaster ride. When used as directed, most people are seeing results by the third month. Be sure to take this quiz and read through the biggest mistakes so you are sure you are using the products correctly. http://www.acne.org /regimen-help.html

MemberMember
(@finguy93)

Posted : 04/17/2014 12:30 pm

I had no major improvements in my 5th week either. I broke out a bit every day in my 8th too. Now I'm on 10th week and I have only one(1) active pimple at the time, although I'm still afraid of breaking out (I have to apply moisturizer every 30min because of the flakiness, thus touch my face all the time). Just keep doing it! It takes the 3 months.

Just wondering btw, why does it say in the site that by the week 4 the face should be clear? Obviously that's not what it is for most of us.