Replace Moisturizer...

Notifications
Clear all

Replace Moisturizer With..?

MemberMember
(@ambersue)

Posted : 04/12/2014 8:19 pm

I've been on the regimen for 5 weeks and 2 days. I was wondering if it would be okay to replace my moisturizer with jojoba oil only? I don't like the way it makes my face feel when I apply it, and I kind of feel like it's keeping from my acne healing.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 04/12/2014 9:15 pm

Give it a try and see how it works for you. My sons hated moisturizer and could never find one that worked. Any one they tried made their skin sting, and caused redness and irritation. And that was only doing the regimen once a day. When they replaced moisturizer with grapeseed oil it made a huge difference. It calms their skin, redness is gone, and their marks now seem to fade quicker.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 04/12/2014 10:36 pm

KAmanda - Was it just regular grapeseed oil (that you buy at the grocery store for cooking) that they used?

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 04/13/2014 9:16 am

KAmanda - Was it just regular grapeseed oil (that you buy at the grocery store for cooking) that they used?

I purchased the Now brand grapeseed oil at GNC. Though it is sold as a skin care product it is marked as suitable for cooking. I've also seen grapeseed oil sold in the skin care section at Whole Foods, but also sold in the cooking oils section, so I would imagine it is all the same oil, just different brands.

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 04/24/2014 11:49 am

Hey AmberSue,

That is exactly what I do. After I put the BP on I let it dry for a bit (I actually use a cream BP instead of Dans gel because I like the way it feels on my skin better after it dries) and then I put a thin layer of jojoba oil all over my face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then I take a washcloth and press down around my face to soak up the extra jojoba. If it didnt do this last step my face would look crazy shiny but even when I use the wash cloth to soak up the excess enough remains on my face that it does not get too dry. I also hate the way moisturizers feel so I know what you mean. I would suggest giving it a try to see how your skin responds because everyone's skin is different.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 04/24/2014 11:56 pm

Yeah, I've definitely heard about using only jojoba oil, and I think that it is worth a try. I just hate it how hard it is to find the right moisturizer, and I think that oil will works just as good. I can't use it by itself, though, because my skin gets way too oily.