Notifications
Clear all

Feeling Annoyed.

MemberMember
(@jjn)

Posted : 04/12/2014 7:04 pm

Skin is clear of cystic acne and actually looks healthy for once. I'm feeling better and I'm starting to regain my confidence. I still can't shake of this feeling of being extremely annoyed and it really effects your motivation to do anything. What would you all suggest?

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 04/12/2014 9:03 pm

In the same spot as you. Since i was 13 i struggled from just annoying acne, it wasn't cystic- but it changed me none the less. I finally went on accutane after using everything- it did great things, but didn't solve my whole problem- which is what i knew before i started. I had very moderate acne, but because i struggle with rosacea and sensitive skin (and i am not even kidding when i say sensitive... i inherited rosacea from both my parents) anyways accutane transformed my skin, and stopped the acne that i had. Ofcourse i still get pimples (like the ones everyone gets), but accutane made me able to finally treat my rosacea, which i was unable to do using topicals/oral meds before.

I accepted the fact that my body works different than many. I can't have anything thats hot, i can't have anything with sauce, i can't have soy,dairy, coffee, caffeein oats,nuts,yeast,oranges(all citrus), bananas, apples, tomatoes, onions- the list goes on. Most i got tested for- but I've learned overtime what triggers my rosacea, and have trained myself to ignore all the good foods that cause it. My diet is usually the same thing everyday- but i don't mind it because my rosacea is so calm and giving up all these things, is made up when i get to the mirror in the morning and look at myself finally with a smile on my face.

I still have a few hyper pigmentation marks on my face that are slowly fading, and honestly i got to the point where i don't need makeup to cover my skin. Go back a year ago myself back then would shutter at the fact that i didn't *cover myself.

Wow this is getting long. okay well. Do something calming ( i know this sounds weird) I know yoga helps, but i don't always have time for that. This is going to sound really really weird.... what calms me is brushing my teeth with my eyes closed. weird i know. And after i brush my teeth i usually lightly cleanse my face, and after I take my last cool splash of water on my face- i stand there with my eyes closed, and taking deep, but not forced breaths. not thinking about anything. And then i look at myself in the mirror and leave the bathroom. its odd but it helps me a bit. I still have shitty self confidence, but i know its improving. And thats the one of the many things that i will hopefully remember in the future when i look back at my college experience- is that i found myself. A little late, but hey- it happens.

Also maybe volunteer work would help- or going to see a grandma or someone in your family. idk little things like that helped me for a long time- till i lost mine last week. :/

Good luck! sorry for the long post that prob may not have answered your question.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 04/12/2014 10:04 pm

Skin is clear of cystic acne and actually looks healthy for once. I'm feeling better and I'm starting to regain my confidence. I still can't shake of this feeling of being extremely annoyed and it really effects your motivation to do anything. What would you all suggest?

I'm a little confused...what are you extremely annoyed about? From the sounds of it you seem to be in a pretty good place? And when I had a lot of active acne, I never felt annoyed per se, so I'm not sure if this is like a residual feeling for you? Just genuinely curious.

MemberMember
(@jjn)

Posted : 04/12/2014 11:20 pm

I'm a little confused...what are you extremely annoyed about? From the sounds of it you seem to be in a pretty good place? And when I had a lot of active acne, I never felt annoyed per se, so I'm not sure if this is like a residual feeling for you? Just genuinely curious.

Yup mostly just residual feelings from when my skin was pretty bad. I think the scarring and marks still bother me.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 04/14/2014 1:56 am

While the skin may clear you still suffer from the psychological effects that can be perpetuated by the social effects of acne. Its not something that readily goes away. You will always have feelings of anxiety, especially when you have a relapse. The main thing is to remain strong and move forward. Healing takes time. But you are generally never the same person afterwards.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/15/2014 8:37 am

While the skin may clear you still suffer from the psychological effects that can be perpetuated by the social effects of acne. Its not something that readily goes away. You will always have feelings of anxiety, especially when you have a relapse. The main thing is to remain strong and move forward. Healing takes time. But you are generally never the same person afterwards.

you couldn't have said that any better that is 100% how i feel after the bad breakout i had last year. the only good thing that came out of this mess for me was that it made me a much better person and i no longer get upset about the little things. i also am more appreciative of life in general now and am a more caring person.