Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wza

Isn't it amazing

I'm amazed by how long inflammed acne lesions can remain on my face.. I've had like 4-5 ones that began as painful lumps/cysts and now 2weeks later are no longer painful but are still semi-solid, red and make me look like shit. It's not like I aggravate them by popping them either, just cleanse and bp them.. Hmm Is there anything one can take to speed up the healing process?

Are they causing indented scarring? I would be scared to have any inflamed lesions for that long...

I have them too, they do last for a long time. They're like cysts but they're on the surface kinda.. And they're packed with puss and blood..

I dunno man, I used to have a lot of those but one day I got sick and went to the hospital for a week and had Intervenis sugar water.. and they all disapeared within 3-4 days..

I wonder if drinking a lot of water gets rid of them or something?

3 more came back (its been 2 months since i was at the hospital)

I get them too...especially when it's PMS time and the hormones are flaring up big time..it sucks. All I can do is clean my skin and follow regimine. After a few days time they are no longer painful, but they stay a couple of weeks or more and leave dark spots behind. The less I pick at them the less they scar, but they always leave dark spots. Some of us are just cursed. shock.gif

sounds like cysts...they can hang around for an age. If you can afford it I would suggest getting a derm to take a look...they can inject cysts with cortisone which help resolve them quickly. They can also prescribe a short series of antibiotics or (and now I believe) anti inflamatories to knock them on the head. If you are frequently getting severe inflammed cysts that are non responsive to topical treatment then I also suggest you consider accutane.

In response to one of those comments, we all SHOULD drink more water, I think it can really help your skin. I've heard its your poundage in ounces of water is what you should consume daily, not quite sure though. I also get the nice cysts, but they seem to work in cycles of coming and then going, so I think it might be hormones. I already know what I need to do to fix my hormonal problems (i.e. excercise and correct diet) but it sure is a pain actually doing it! haha