Notifications
Clear all

2.5 Year Journey To Clear Skin [Pics]

MemberMember
(@yongseoforever)

Posted : 04/07/2014 3:03 am

Hi everyone! I started the regimen i believe around September 2012 and I remember the exact day I caved and asked my mom to order the Regimen's (Dan's) BP. It was the day my dad bought me my first laptop, a Mac, and I turned on the webcam and saw my face and honestly, was horrified. I always had issues with my skin, and had been researching about acne products for months and knew i wanted to try the Regimen since it seemed to have a pretty good success rate, but never realized how bad it was until this moment. I immediately ran to my mom's room to ask her to order the BP and the rest is history! My routine varied a bit from the that September until now, April of 2014, but prettttyy much stayed the same. The only thing that really changed were my cleansers haha, but to be honest I really didn't notice a change in my skin when switching cleansers. I used the cleansers, in this order: Murad Clarifying, Trader Joe's Nourish All in One Cleanser (3x), Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Cleanser, Clean and Clear Advantage 3-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser (2x & is the one I'm currently using). I bought two tubes of Dan's BP and 1 tube of Dan's AHA+, both of which were extremely effective but I must say what really cleared me up for good was my family doctor's prescribed tub of 1% Clindamycin Phosphate and 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Gel. And to finish my routine up I have been using the Cetaphil regular moisturizer for the past 2.5 years.

I really should've posted these pictures up when I took them so I could catalogue my journey and know when I started using which products, but I honestly don't remember And when you look at these pictures, you might think i put them out of order, but I assure you they're not. There was a time period in the summer around June-August-ish in 2013 when I had stopped using the BP, simply because I was too lazy to ask my mom to buy me more (that is honestly how lazy I am) and i dearly payed for it with a massive return of breakouts.

Just an ending note, I was really self-conscious about my skin and I remember going to bed every night hating myself and my face and wishing I could just claw my acne off (graphic, I know) Posting my acne journey for everyone to see is really scary, but I really hope that these pictures of me can inspire other people to either start the Regimen or to stick with it, because it is the only thing that has worked for me. It has been approximately 2.5 years since i started it and I do not regret a single second of it. Thank you Dan for making my life better.

post-190388-0-81293100-1396857767.jpg

post-190388-0-48347700-1396856959.jpg

post-190388-0-37708700-1396856567.jpg

post-190388-0-37708700-1396856567.jpg

post-190388-0-48347700-1396856959.jpg

post-190388-0-81293100-1396857767.jpg

MemberMember
(@alexzero2014)

Posted : 04/07/2014 3:17 am

Congrats on you're journey on clearing up you're skin, it looks amazing and I'm glad to see you happy from the results

I am only 4 months into it and I have noticed a lot of improvement, it sucks that I didn't know about this product sooner, it would of help me and it would of change my life into a different direction. All I could do is try to improve what skin I have left and try to made the ""scars"" less noticeable.

I really must get the Aha+ perhaps that will help a small amount.

MemberMember
(@yongseoforever)

Posted : 04/07/2014 3:24 am

Thank you so much!! It's great that it's working out well for you too! At first I didn't think the AHA+ really helped me that much, but looking back on the pictures I can definitely tell it did, so I would highly recommend it! It just burns a lot when you first use it haha, but it does eventually lessen!

MemberMember
(@alexzero2014)

Posted : 04/07/2014 3:44 am

Thank you so much!! It's great that it's working out well for you too! At first I didn't think the AHA+ really helped me that much, but looking back on the pictures I can definitely tell it did, so I would highly recommend it! It just burns a lot when you first use it haha, but it does eventually lessen!

How did you use it? did you do the AHA+ 2-3 times a week or dispense 1/2 AHA+ and 1/2 Moisturizer into your palm, mix, and apply every night?

Also i read that you used different cleansers? does that mean you never used Dan's cleanser?

Could that be the reason why my skin is drying out and I'm getting skin flakes? because that's the only negative thing that I noticed about using all three dan's cleanser, bp and moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@yongseoforever)

Posted : 04/07/2014 4:26 am

At first I only used the AHA+ every other night, but now I just put about a nickel-sized dollop in my hand and use it by itself every night. I actually never used Dan's cleanser, I'm not really sure why haha, but I'm planning to give it a try in the future for sure! And that might be it since my friend who uses only the cleanser from the Regimen said it dried out her skin a bit, but I was pretty dry and flaky from the BP in the first two months anyways haha. Give it a bit more time and I'm sure the flakiness will die down! AHA+ actually helps with dry patches a lot too!

MemberMember
(@alexzero2014)

Posted : 04/07/2014 5:07 am

At first I only used the AHA+ every other night, but now I just put about a nickel-sized dollop in my hand and use it by itself every night. I actually never used Dan's cleanser, I'm not really sure why haha, but I'm planning to give it a try in the future for sure! And that might be it since my friend who uses only the cleanser from the Regimen said it dried out her skin a bit, but I was pretty dry and flaky from the BP in the first two months anyways haha. Give it a bit more time and I'm sure the flakiness will die down! AHA+ actually helps with dry patches a lot too!

*nods* thanks for the advice on the Aha+ I will becareful on applying it and will try to put just a small amount so it won't burn my skin. I have just have to wait for my upcoming check to go and buy it lol ^_^;;

Hopefully the flakes will die down or I might have to change cleasner even though i don't want that for fear of breaking out again.

Still cheers on clear skin ^_^ Now take many pictures to always treasure them and to get amazing compliments hehe.

MemberMember
(@cliffordzhang)

Posted : 04/07/2014 5:52 pm

You look amazing! So pretty!

MemberMember
(@faceisflaky)

Posted : 06/12/2014 3:15 am

hello, are you still around? just wondering, did you use any sunscreen when you went out? also, what did you use for the hyperpigmentation and red marks that were left behind? and btw, that clindamycin and 5% bp that you're talking about is benzaclin right?