Thoughts On These P...

Notifications
Clear all

Thoughts On These Paula's Choice Products?

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 04/06/2014 6:37 pm

Im looking for a new moisturizer that will make my, very naturally oily skin, look and feel not oily or shiny. Ive also been on The Regimen for about 9 weeks today, and i would say im almost clear from all my current active acne, which is just a couple persistent bastards. I would also say i have pretty large pores on my nose and the area under my eyes/ next to my nose, probably from all the oil they crank out constantly.

Ive been looking at Paula's Choice SKIN BALANCING INVISIBLE FINISH MOISTURE GEL, which is a moisturizer for oily skin supposedly, and Paula's Choice SHINE STOPPER INSTANT MATTE FINISH WITH MICROSPONGE TECHNOLOGY, which is supposed to make your skin not become all oily. I dont know much about these products, but their reviews sound good. Please take a look and let me know what you think of them. Do you think they are okay for acne prone skin? Think the moisturizer will moisturize and feel well? Should i get them? Any advice or feedback? Please and thanks!

http://www.paulascho...h-Moisture-Gel/

http://www.paulascho...nge-Technology/

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 04/06/2014 9:31 pm

BUMP

anyone? please

MemberMember
(@atn)

Posted : 04/06/2014 11:52 pm

You can't go wrong with Paula's choice products. I switched from the regimen over to paula's choice and I've never looked back. I used to get nasty cyst outbreaks but now I seriously have porcelain skin. I can't stop staring in the mirror. :)

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 04/07/2014 12:45 am

You can't go wrong with Paula's choice products. I switched from the regimen over to paula's choice and I've never looked back. I used to get nasty cyst outbreaks but now I seriously have porcelain skin. I can't stop staring in the mirror.

how long did it take you to clear up?

MemberMember
(@atn)

Posted : 04/07/2014 1:28 pm

Almost instantly. I was still struggling with big breakouts while using Dan's products. I felt instant relief when I switched to Paula's products. I think its the way its formulated and the ingredients are much more premium. Instant relief meaning that my face was much less irritated, the drying went away completely ( my face was really dry using Dan's BP), my eyes stopped burning from the BP, it dried quicker, everything about was just better. BTW, Paula's choice products is all I use now. Cleanser, toner, 2%SA, 5%BP(you can get the 2.5% as well if your acne is mild), 8%AHA, and their lotion. I love it all!

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 04/07/2014 6:21 pm

Almost instantly. I was still struggling with big breakouts while using Dan's products. I felt instant relief when I switched to Paula's products. I think its the way its formulated and the ingredients are much more premium. Instant relief meaning that my face was much less irritated, the drying went away completely ( my face was really dry using Dan's BP), my eyes stopped burning from the BP, it dried quicker, everything about was just better. BTW, Paula's choice products is all I use now. Cleanser, toner, 2%SA, 5%BP(you can get the 2.5% as well if your acne is mild), 8%AHA, and their lotion. I love it all!

I might try their BP when i run out of my big bottle of Dans BP. 9 weeks into the Regimen and my skin is still pretty dry...

Also, what do you need/use toner and SA for? I mean, how well does it add to just the basic regimen of cleanser, BP, moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@atn)

Posted : 04/07/2014 8:35 pm

I got this info straight from their website.

What makes this product unique?

Unlike most other toners on the market, Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner is famous for offering potent antioxidants, anti-irritants and cell-communicating ingredients which help restore normal function to damaged, misbehaving cells. When used after cleansing, it helps skin restore and repair itself. This truly state-of-the-art toner helps balance skin so its oily areas do not worsen. Redness is reduced while slightly dry, flaky areas are made smooth and soft. It also helps to remove last traces of makeup and may be the only "moisturizer" your normal to oily skin needs during summer months or in humid climates.

This product is 100% fragrance- and colorant-free.

Who is this product for?

This toner has been specially formulated for normal to oily/combination skin. It is also a good option for acne-prone skin.

What makes this product unique?

Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant rapidly exfoliates both the skin's surface and inside the pore, reshaping the pore lining, unclogging pores and improving skin cell turnover rate. The result is a dramatic improvement in the skin's appearance, feel, and function which leads to healthier skin. There is a great deal of research indicating that BHA (beta hydroxy acid) increases collagen production and drastically smooths the surface of skin. Additionally, BHA has antibacterial properties that attack blemish-causing bacteria. The lightweight, non-occlusive formula allows for a faster and deeper exfoliation rate than our gel or lotion BHA products, so it's an ideal choice for stubborn clogged pores or blackheads.

This product is 100% fragrance- and colorant-free with a pH range of 3.2-3.8. Every Paula's Choice BHA product is formulated with additional soothing agents.

Who is this product for?

All skin types may use this product, but the texture is especially suited for those with normal to oily or combination skin, stubborn blackheads, and blemish-prone skin. It can also be used regularly to eliminate calluses on feet, elbows and knees.

NOTE: Those allergic to aspirin (acetylsalicylate)

I will post before and after pics for you later tonight or tomorrow. Paula's Choice products saved my life!!! Like I said, I had nasty cystic nodules which killed my social life. Now, I love going out and explore. :) I hope you make the switch. You'll thank me later.

The combination of the toner and SA really helped minimize my pores and my skin is soo smooth and supple. It also helps with control oil. I haven't used Dan's products in conjunction with Paula's choice products so I can't vouch if they work well together. Just jump the gun and get all Paula's choice products. If you need help deciding which toners, SA, lotion etc., let me know and I can help you pick the correct products since everyone's skin is a little different.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 04/07/2014 9:20 pm

Kinda just sounds like less harsh AHA to me because how it says it "rapidly exfoliates" and it has BHA- a branch from the same acids family AHA is part of. Dont take any personal offense, but please dont try to sell this product to me, like talking it up, please just give me the facts and what it really does to your skin... it happens a lot to everyone and im tired of people being like salespeople on this website. What does it really do for you? Does it really minimize oil in oily areas and moisturize dry areas... sounds like pure magic if it does that?? Does it make your face look shiny after applying it? Just basically, how really is it exactly?

I dont think i would be able to suddenly stop using all of Dans products and start using Paula's, but i only have a couple of his products anyways, just the BP which is a 100% must to have, and AHA+ mostly for spot treating now (realized my skin seemed worse with using half AHA at night and half moisturizer). I want to try Paula's 2.5% BP when i run out of Dans, and idk about AHA yet. My cleanser and moisturizer are both by CeraVa and are good enough... or so i think they are. Honestly, im kinda scared of switching BP, because im finally really becoming clear and at a steady point of time. *knocks on wood* But itll take a while for my BP to run out anyways.

Lastly, when do you use the toner? After cleansing and applying BP, followed by moisturizer? Or where in the process does it fit? I would only be using it at night since it says to apply SPF if going outside in the sun, short story, when it says that i only use it at night.

MemberMember
(@atn)

Posted : 04/07/2014 9:55 pm

I'm not trying to sell you anything. I'm just telling you Paula's Products have been nothing short of a miracle for me. I'm encouraging you to switch because of my success. I'm finally getting my life back after two miserable years.

Here's my routine:

Morning

1. Cleanser

2. Toner

3. BHA

4. BP

5. Moisturizer

Nights

1. Cleanser

2. Toner

3. BHA

4. AHA

4. BP

5. Moisturizer

First pic was when I first started using Dan's regimen (4 months ago). Second pic, I was on the regimen for about 2 and a half months but still got those nasty suckers. Last two pics was taken today. I've been on Paula's choice products for about 2 months now. It completely cleared up my acne. I'm just dealing with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation now.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 04/09/2014 11:27 am

I've used many Paula's Choice moisturisers, serums and washes and they're all excellent quality. I have a little section in my bathroom with nothing but Paula's Choice products, they're one of my all time favourite skin care companies, the products are top quality and the customer service is fab. I especially love the Skin Recovery Cleanser, RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Retinol and RESIST Ultra-Light Antioxidant Serum.

MemberMember
(@steph5)

Posted : 04/09/2014 4:03 pm

HI. I also have large pores and was oily but now I'm maturing (getting older) so the oiliness is decreasing. That said, I still use Paula's Choice acne products. At bedtime, I rotate the 2% BHA lotion mixed with the Resist C15 super booster, the next night I use the Resist Weekly Retexturizing Foaming Treatment (very quick results of clearing pores) 4% BHA with a light moisturizer w/ retinol over that, the next night I go back to the 2% BHA lotion mixture and once a week I use the Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment with 10% AHA.

My morning routine is to use the PC Skin Balancing Oil-Absorbing Mask before I shower 2-3x per week, next I use a mild toner, PC Earth Sourced Refreshing Toner, followed by the Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30. It is a slightly tinted moisturizer that is very matte. I think it is the most matte product PC sells. The Shine Stopper can be tapped on top. I usually don't need that until midday, if at all. The Shine Stopper also helps pores look smaller. I have found that using the 2% BHA lotion or the Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution in the morning seems to contribute to an oily look on my face.

I have three teenagers and I have all three on the Clear regimen from Paula's Choice.

Also check out some makeup techniques on YouTube from WayneGoss Makeup artist for minimizing pores.

If you were to invest in just one Paula's Choice product today, I would recommend the 4% Resist Foaming Treatment. It is a bit more expensive but it lasts and it works!!!

MemberMember
(@atn)

Posted : 04/13/2014 7:10 pm

I might try their BP when i run out of my big bottle of Dans BP. 9 weeks into the Regimen and my skin is still pretty dry...

Also, what do you need/use toner and SA for? I mean, how well does it add to just the basic regimen of cleanser, BP, moisturizer?

A simple thank you would be nice.

MemberMember
(@gj777)

Posted : 04/21/2014 8:19 pm

Hey, I'm curious: Which cleanser and moisturizers are you using? Thanks!

I'm not trying to sell you anything. I'm just telling you Paula's Products have been nothing short of a miracle for me. I'm encouraging you to switch because of my success. I'm finally getting my life back after two miserable years.

Here's my routine:

Morning

1. Cleanser

2. Toner

3. BHA

4. BP

5. Moisturizer

Nights

1. Cleanser

2. Toner

3. BHA

4. AHA

4. BP

5. Moisturizer

First pic was when I first started using Dan's regimen (4 months ago). Second pic, I was on the regimen for about 2 and a half months but still got those nasty suckers. Last two pics was taken today. I've been on Paula's choice products for about 2 months now. It completely cleared up my acne. I'm just dealing with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation now.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 04/21/2014 11:15 pm

A simple thank you would be nice.

Sorry, i always forget to thank people here (not good), but you really did help me, so please accept my late thank you.

HI. I also have large pores and was oily but now I'm maturing (getting older) so the oiliness is decreasing. That said, I still use Paula's Choice acne products. At bedtime, I rotate the 2% BHA lotion mixed with the Resist C15 super booster, the next night I use the Resist Weekly Retexturizing Foaming Treatment (very quick results of clearing pores) 4% BHA with a light moisturizer w/ retinol over that, the next night I go back to the 2% BHA lotion mixture and once a week I use the Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment with 10% AHA.

My morning routine is to use the PC Skin Balancing Oil-Absorbing Mask before I shower 2-3x per week, next I use a mild toner, PC Earth Sourced Refreshing Toner, followed by the Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30. It is a slightly tinted moisturizer that is very matte. I think it is the most matte product PC sells. The Shine Stopper can be tapped on top. I usually don't need that until midday, if at all. The Shine Stopper also helps pores look smaller. I have found that using the 2% BHA lotion or the Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution in the morning seems to contribute to an oily look on my face.

I have three teenagers and I have all three on the Clear regimen from Paula's Choice.

Also check out some makeup techniques on YouTube from WayneGoss Makeup artist for minimizing pores.

If you were to invest in just one Paula's Choice product today, I would recommend the 4% Resist Foaming Treatment. It is a bit more expensive but it lasts and it works!!!

Thanks, great info! My oiliness is definitely not decreasing lol, just another teen here ( hormones :/ ), if anything it is finally stabilizing at a high level or only getting worse. When in the routine would you suggest i apply the Resist Weekly Retexturizing Foaming Treatment at night if i got it, after the BP or after, or last after moisturizer, or when?

What about a toner instead like the Skin Balancing Pore Reducing Toner? Sounds like it is especially designed for oily/combination skin and it even says "pore reducing" in the name. Do you suggest this instead for my situation of really bad oily skin and large pores on my nose and the area around my nose/under my eyes? Do you have any experience with this product?

I also badly need a moisturizer for day use that still moisturizes well, for my dry area, but doesnt make me look shiny or adds to my oiliness of my oily skin areas. So because of this, i am attracted to the Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel, it sounds good and like it should work for my situation. Thoughts, advice anyone? I would also prefer one with SPF since it would be for day use, so the Skin Balancing Ultra-Sheer Daily Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sounds like it fits the bill. Thoughts on this too?

And i also think i like the Shine Stopper Instant Matte Finish, sounds like it would really be great for me too. And if i want this, i have to get one of the moisturizers above, because this only works/works best on skin with a matte finish product, and other traditional moisturizers dont really dry fast, if at all, so you cant apply it on a oily or moist skin surface.

:/

MemberMember
(@steph5)

Posted : 04/22/2014 8:00 am

The Paula's Choice 4% BHA foam can be used right after cleansing at night and followed with your benzoil peroxide. Think of the BHA as getting into the pores to loosen the dead skin cells so that the BP can get in there and work more efficiently. Some can use this product several times a week and some can only tolerate it once a week. You have to see what works for you.

In terms of toners, I think it's individual preference. My teens at home use the PC Clear BHA liquid after cleansing without using a toner.

In terms of moisturizers, make sure it has an spf. That's better than using a moisturizer and than a separate sunscreen on top of that, unless you are going to the beach. For everyday use, you would not want to pile on products on your skin. I'v heard that calling and talking to the reps at Paula's Choice is very helpful for figuring out what to try. They can send you samples. Definitely try samples before you buy if at all possible.

If it's any consolation, our dermatologist told us that most guys grow out of their acne. Girls on the other hand, tend to struggle with the monthly hormonal acne for years and years.