Oily Forehead: Weat...

Notifications
Clear all

Oily Forehead: Weather Related?

MemberMember
(@andrewyea)

Posted : 04/05/2014 11:54 pm

I am a 21 year old male.

I was a senior in highschool in 2010, this is when I first started noticing I had oily greasy forehead skin. In fact, someone pointed it out to me one day and said my head looked really really shiny and made a big deal about it. I still never had hardly even a single zit.

After the summer of 2011 I started breaking out horrendously. It was god awful and it was certainly severe acne. (around this time I also got a yorkie dog. I notice that when I take him to the groomer my acne clears up quite a bit)

I got it to calm down after awhile. In the summer of 2012 my skin became clear all of a sudden. Not much grease or oily, and never a zit in site. I thought I was cured....

... until September.

While the breakouts were not nearly as bad, they were still embarrassing and certainly not pleasing to the eye. Just like today, mostly on the forehead, the greasy part of my face.

In the summer of 2013 it once again retreated, and I had a clear face. This time I began to take note of my daily rituals. I thought maybe it was the sun. Like the sun was somehow making me not breakout as much, since naturally during the summer time here in California I'm spending more time outside at the beach getting a tan on my face. Or outside in my backyard swimming in my pool.

... then September came around again and despite my continuing of rituals I broke out on my forehead again, and it became greasy/oily again. In fact, I notice that when I go outside sunny or not my face gets dramatically more oily than when I was inside.

So... now I'm here.

I'm curious....

Could it be because here the weather is drier during the wintertime that that is somehow over-drying my face, which in turn is making my body think that it should overproduce sebum into my forehead, therefor making it oilier which in-turn makes me break out more? If so, would Vitamin D supplements help? What WOULD help in this case?

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 04/12/2014 11:21 pm

i havnt noticed any difference in oiliness between summer and winter but that could be because the winter here isnt much of a real winter or that the difference is to small relative to the insane amount of oiliness..