Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Have any of you had success on a simple reigmen

Have any of you had success on a simple soap and moisturizer regimen? For example, Gylcerin Soap in the morning, very non drying, and then some Herbal Logix scar lotion.

So far, im about a week in on this simple type of regimen and i've had no breakouts. My face is smooth and not dry EVER. I really think that putting BP and or SA on my face twice daily can only do more harm than good.

I've changed my diet and excercising for an hour a day (all cardio and some lifting), and I'm only washing my face lightly maybe twice a day, sometimes only once a day. Now I know I should exfoliate my face to unclog my pores and clear away the dead skin cells, so I'm thinking of exfloating my face with some st. ives aprciot scrub once or twice weekly.

has anybody else had any success on a basic washing regimen?

I have. After cutting out all those so called acne product my skin looks 100 times better. I use an all natural saop call Nubian Heritage Black Soap with an 100% Shea Butter to moisturize (I have been using it for two weeks before that I used Origins) I also use 100% Tea Tree oil and Netrogena Clear pore to spot treat when I do get a pimple which hasn't been since like a month+ ago).

Morning: Black Soap

100% Shea Butter (Sometimes Skip)

Evening: Black Soap

Night: Black Soap

Tea tree Oil (on Acne prone areas)

100% Shea Butter

I really think that using all the Clean and Clear, Proactive, and Stridex stuff just irritated and made my acne and my face overall look worse.

biggrin.gif Yep, cutting down on all of those acne products does help. I have just recently figured something out. Many times when we have a bad breakout, and we assume that we have acne, but its just not so. This past year, I declared that I had acne, but I didnt, just breakouts. Because I thought I had acne, I used a ton of products and because I didnt see immediate results, I just kept switching them around, messing up my skin more eusa_doh.gif . Finally I just decided to use a cleanser and moisturizer. I dont even spot treat because it tends to make me scar worse. After, ridding myself of all of the harsh stuff, I am clearing up wonderfully. Thank God. (Knocking on wood). I hope to stay that way. cool.gif

Hey guys. just an update, its been 11 days since I stopped using the C&C regimen by Botchla's. I sometimes wash my face once a day or NOT at all. If I do wash it, I wash it with basic gyclerin soap. I have exfolaited my face with some 2%SA apricot scrub twice since the 27th. I have broken out only twice with 4 small pimples.

For moisturizing, I am using Herbal Logix. After just 11 days, I really feel that my face is getting better gradually by doing basically NOTHING.

How long do you think it takes for acne to form on your face? I'm thinking that my previous medication, pre 11 days ago, is still actively taking away some pimples... I hope this regimen is working because it seems that way. I guess ill test it for another 6 weeks and see what comes of it.

my face looks a lot better since i quit using so many products (C&C especially)! my health teacher explained how to wash your face and that you should just use a cleanser and toner, and i actually took her advice, and now i'm just using cetaphil and dove essential nutrients toner. then i started taking zinc and got a breakout, so i used the C&C BP once a day to help it go away faster, which helped, but now i'm back to normal. not to mention my redness has totally disappeared! biggrin.gif

Jimmy, I really like the sound of what you're doing....I found botchla's regimen helped, I have no new zits but I think the bp is prolonging dark spots and my face just seems irritated...so is it still working for you?