Notifications
Clear all

Price Hikes

MemberMember
(@sylosis16)

Posted : 03/18/2014 2:16 am

Ok so I understand that supposed increasing costs of shipping have been dealt with by substantially raising the price of the whole line of acne org products but making econo shipping free for everyone. I feel like this is helping some while screwing over others who paid cheap shipping in the first place. I also see that a autoship program is now being offered and pushed on us like proactive was infamous for with incentive of saving a few dollars. It makes me sad to say that it looks clear (no pun intended) that Dan has sold himself out for just making as much money as possible at this point. Is anyone else irritated by this? I shouldnt have to pay almost 70 dollars for just 1 16oz bottle of moisturizer and 1 16oz bottle of the BP when I was getting two bottles of moisturizer and 1 bottle of BP for around 10 dollars more two years ago. I feel like you guys are going to lose a lot of customers over this decision. I surely wont accept paying this outrageous price for this amount of product.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 03/18/2014 11:07 am

I just happened upon this post. My response is the same as it usually is...I understand your skepticism and anger...most companies can be kinda cold and creepy about this kind of thing, but you are not giving me enough benefit of the doubt.

1. When we increased prices we ran every possible sample order, both in the USA and International, and 100% of them are now cheaper. 100%. There should be zero people who ever pay more. 100% of people got a discount.

2. The Auto-Ship program was implemented because people need to use products consistently without running out in order to maintain clear skin. We were sure to make it easily cancelable and were sure to offer the option of ordering just once.

I encourage you to double check your past orders and you should see that every single one of your current orders is less expensive and that you still have the option of ordering just one time. And as always, don't be afraid to post stuff like this. I welcome any sort of skepticism. It's healthy.

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/18/2014 11:03 pm

I just happened upon this post. My response is the same as it usually is...I understand your skepticism and anger...most companies can be kinda cold and creepy about this kind of thing, but you are not giving me enough benefit of the doubt.

1. When we increased prices we ran every possible sample order, both in the USA and International, and 100% of them are now cheaper. 100%. There should be zero people who ever pay more. 100% of people got a discount.

2. The Auto-Ship program was implemented because people need to use products consistently without running out in order to maintain clear skin. We were sure to make it easily cancelable and were sure to offer the option of ordering just once.

I encourage you to double check your past orders and you should see that every single one of your current orders is less expensive and that you still have the option of ordering just one time. And as always, don't be afraid to post stuff like this. I welcome any sort of skepticism. It's healthy.

Why can't you sell your products in Sephora or something?

For example, BKarmin (a relatively unknown acne line) got a Sephora deal. Why not try to get one too? there are lots of indie companies that are becoming mainstream thanks to Sephora.

MemberMember
(@ksg)

Posted : 04/02/2014 9:48 am

First of all, I really like the products offered on acne.org/Danielkern.com. The first post mentioned a hike in price. According to your post and point one of your bullet list, this was not correct because zero people pay more.

But I did check my previous order and copied the same items in my cart. I compared the prices and this is what I found:

The total price of my previous order and the new one are different. The new price is $115.80 with USPS First-Class Package International Service (approx. 2-6 Weeks) (cost: $28.39 )

The old one was $110.95 with First Class Mail International (1-3 weeks) (cost: $34.95)

The price hike is even higher if I choose a shipping method that's more comparable with my previous order. USPS Priority Mail International (approx. 6-10 Business days) (cost: $34.67)

I will definitly order again, because the products really help. But there really does seem to be a price hike. Or did I make a calculation error somewhere?

MemberMember
(@finguy93)

Posted : 04/09/2014 10:24 am

I chose the cheapest USP shipping, just to realize now that it might take up to 6 weeks to get here. Lol so I ordered now again using the most expensive shipping. That way "the regimen kit" will cost me about 100 USD. Although the products are so damn expensive here in Finland, it's still actually cheaper for me, IF the kit lasts full time regimen usage the promised 30 days.