Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TABonifacio

Red Spots & Scabs

Hey Everyone,

Boy...Being a 17 Year-Old with raging hormones isn't all that fun, is it? I have a bad problem on my cheek area with pimples and post-popping/picking redness. I am using an over-the-counter face wash that is FDA Approved for treating Acne. I guess the face wash is helping a little bit but all I really feel like it's doing is drying out my face. Is an acne face wash supposed to feel like that? I am no longer picking my face, I keep my fingernails at nub legnth so I really can't pick at my face and I'm no longer touching my face unless I have to wipe it with a napkin when I eat. I guess the general question is...Are there any other ways to speed up the healing of the redness? I feel disgusting looking at myself in the mirror sometimes. Should I try any of the products on TV (Proactiv, Accutane, & Eipduo)? Or should I just continue with a regular over-the-counter face wash? If anybody can point me in the right direction, I would really apppreciate it!

Thanks,

Thomas