What Supplements Sh...

Notifications
Clear all

What Supplements Should I Take?

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/09/2014 1:58 am

A little backinfo, i have acne probably classified as moderate to severe, its a lot better know, but still getting pimples and have mostly hyperpigmentation- red marks- from old acne. Its probably my 5th week on the regimen and seems to have really worked, still not totally clear, i would say im at like 30% progress. Im following the regimen strictly day and night, and at night i now do 1/2 AHA+ and 1/2 moisturizer. I'm 17, just fyi.

I am taking one of these Omega-3 squeeze packets a day, two Digestive Advantage Probiotic Gummies a day, two One-A-Day Vitacraves Gummies Plus Immunity Support a day, two Trader Joe's Papaya & Pineapple Enzymes a day (just for digestive reasons, not really for acne), and one Trader Joe's Synergistic C Vitamin C Complex a day. I plan on adding Zinc Gluconate soon too. What do you guys think on these?

What other vitamins can i add to fight acne, inflammation, fight oily skin (my T-zone is very oily, and nose is even more oily- not me in that picture, btw), and anything else basically to just keep my skin soft, clear, and not oily?

Please help. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@nusunt)

Posted : 03/09/2014 8:06 am

I totally support adding the Zinc Gluconate. I am currently taking 50 mg every night before sleep and I can see improvements. Besides having less breakouts, my skin also became softer and clearer.

MemberMember
(@ambertaylor)

Posted : 03/09/2014 11:30 am

I have never tried zinc but I am interested in taking that. I am also interested the pineapple and papaya enzymes. I did not even know that these were available.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/09/2014 9:35 pm

I have never tried zinc but I am interested in taking that. I am also interested the pineapple and papaya enzymes. I did not even know that these were available.

Yeah, but those Enzymes aren't for acne or skin. I just listed it just so you guys can see everything I take. They're more for digestive help and stuff like heartburn, acid reflux. I just take those enzymes to help digestion and prevent stomachaches, etc.

I totally support adding the Zinc Gluconate. I am currently taking 50 mg every night before sleep and I can see improvements. Besides having less breakouts, my skin also became softer and clearer.

Is Zinc really that great? I know its good, but how much of a difference can you see it has done? Like, just a tiny bit of help or a lot of noticeable help? How long of taking it has it taken to see the results from the zinc?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/09/2014 11:03 pm

A little backinfo, i have acne probably classified as moderate to severe, its a lot better know, but still getting pimples and have mostly hyperpigmentation- red marks- from old acne. Its probably my 5th week on the regimen and seems to have really worked, still not totally clear, i would say im at like 30% progress. Im following the regimen strictly day and night, and at night i now do 1/2 AHA+ and 1/2 moisturizer. I'm 17, just fyi.

I am taking one of these Omega-3 squeeze packets a day, two Digestive Advantage Probiotic Gummies a day, two One-A-Day Vitacraves Gummies Plus Immunity Support a day, two Trader Joe's Papaya & Pineapple Enzymes a day (just for digestive reasons, not really for acne), and one Trader Joe's Synergistic C Vitamin C Complex a day. I plan on adding Zinc Gluconate soon too. What do you guys think on these?

What other vitamins can i add to fight acne, inflammation, fight oily skin (my T-zone is very oily, and nose is even more oily- not me in that picture, btw), and anything else basically to just keep my skin soft, clear, and not oily?

Please help. Thanks!

You don't have to take anything. Just try to avoid getting vitamin and mineral deficient. :)

MemberMember
(@nusunt)

Posted : 03/10/2014 7:15 pm

K

Yeah, but those Enzymes aren't for acne or skin. I just listed it just so you guys can see everything I take. They're more for digestive help and stuff like heartburn, acid reflux. I just take those enzymes to help digestion and prevent stomachaches, etc.

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/11/2014 3:28 pm

Don't bother with these crazy vitamin and mineral supplements. They won't do anything for acne (nor much else for that matter). They will drain your money away however.

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/11/2014 4:40 pm

Is Zinc really that great? I know its good, but how much of a difference can you see it has done? Like, just a tiny bit of help or a lot of noticeable help? How long of taking it has it taken to see the results from the zinc?

Zinc, like all minerals, are of no benefit to acne.

Do a search for almost any vitamin, mineral or other substance and how it relates to acne. You will see some people saying said supplement works and some people saying it made their acne worse. The truth is, their supplement had nothing to do with their acne condition in the first place and what people saw was just purely coincidental at that phase of their acne cycle. They could have taken no supplement and their condition would have been the same. The same goes for every condition. My favorite myth is that fish oil and omega 3 helps the brain. If only people knew!