Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DarkDubzs

This Omega-3 Stuff Work?

A little backinfo, i have acne probably classified as moderate to severe, its a lot better know, but still getting pimples and have mostly hyperpigmentation- red marks- from old acne. Its probably my 5th week on the regimen and seems to have really worked, still not totally clear, i would say im at like 30% progress. Im following the regimen strictly day and night, and at night i now do 1/2 AHA+ and 1/2 moisturizer. I'm 17, just fyi.

Okay, so my mom has been buying these orange flavored Omega-3 squeeze packets. She says omega is good for acne, which has been said to be true by research. I just want to get your guys' take on these. Here they are: http://www.amazon.com/Coromega-Omega-3-Supplement-Squeeze-90-Count/dp/B000FFQATA They say they are better than regular omega pills and capsules, which makes sense because it is a liquid which gets absorbed quicker and more effectively than something having to be digested hard, like pills. I would probably normally be omega deficient, i dont usually eat fish at all, but i do like to eat seafood when i can, i love seafood actually!

So yeah, what you guys think on those?

It is good for acne, and everything else to do with your acne. But it isn't a magic pill. And it's better to get it from your diet. And to reduce the omega 6 in your diet.

It's in oil, so its always in capsules.

Edited by alternativista

It is good for acne, and everything else to do with your acne. But it isn't a magic pill. And it's better to get it from your diet. And to reduce the omega 6 in your diet.

How can I reduce my omega 6 intake? Like, what kinds of foods have a lot of it?

How can I reduce my omega 6 intake? Like, what kinds of foods have a lot of it?

Grains, oils from grains, products from animals fed grains.