Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CreamBellhop

Red, Itchy, Irritated Skin

I have been on the regimen for a month. I recently started aha. My skin is improving very slowly but I am having trouble with how irritated my skin is. I added in jojojba oil and still is super dry and angry. I try to be gentle but I wake up scratching at my face and neck every night this happens how can I stop it if I'm sleeping? I haven't even been able to get up to the full dose of bp because of my skin being so dry and irritated already. I sure hope this gets better....

I have been on the regimen for a month. I recently started aha. My skin is improving very slowly but I am having trouble with how irritated my skin is. I added in jojojba oil and still is super dry and angry. I try to be gentle but I wake up scratching at my face and neck every night this happens how can I stop it if I'm sleeping? I haven't even been able to get up to the full dose of bp because of my skin being so dry and irritated already. I sure hope this gets better....

Stop using the BP.

Patch test on your wrist or elbow. Wait 24-48 hours for a reaction.

Use a "heavy" moisturizer like Aquaphor or Vanicream. Apply 1% hydrocortisone cream when really itchy, and follow the directions.

Use sunscreen with SPF 30+.