Notifications
Clear all

Who Else Doesn't Want To Give Up On Food?

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 02/25/2014 12:22 am

Let's face it- if acne is caused by certain types of food, many of us would learn to live with our acne. Isn't food wonderful? It really adds something to your life! If acne is caused by food, that really sucks. I mean, I've heard that dairy, junk, etc. are the causes of acne. I even cut out milk forever. I once went on a healthy diet, but I didn't get the results that I wanted. My acne didn't exactly disappear, though it did lessen some(I was on the diet for three months). I really began to miss the foods that I enjoyed for a long time, and so that is why I went back to eating "normally." I do want to get rid of dairy completely, but I can't imagine life without cupcakes and cheese. (By the way, I am not at all fat.) How about you? Maybe you could share how diet helped you and give me some tips on how to live without food that I love, or you can tell me the foods that you won't give up no matter what. :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 02/25/2014 12:56 am

If you don't have food allergies or intolerances, you don't have to give up foods you like. But of course, it's not healthy to binge on junk food every day for more serious reasons than just acne.

Food intolerances can be a problem of food digestion, so you could try taking digestive enzymes with large meals. Probiotics can help too, and a leaky gut diet is helpful if the issue has to do with digestion.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/25/2014 1:18 am

I went vegan and i got clear. I eat unlimited amount sweet fruit such as dates :)

MemberMember
(@fairlybored)

Posted : 02/25/2014 3:23 am

Yeah, I love food. I can basically eat anything as long as it isn't very plain such as steamed vegetables. I try to limit the amount of processed foods I eat though. Also, I try not to eat any foods containing gluten, dairy and eggs whenever possible since I believe I am allergic to them and I;ve never been a fan of them anyway but sometimes it is difficult since they are in pretty much everything except for fruits and veges lol

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/25/2014 8:28 am

Other than in the case of food intolerances, the diet habits that cause acne also cause diabetes, heart disease and most of the other health conditions this sickly culture today suffers from and accelerates aging.

I have not given up on food. I've given up on junk & nutritionally void foods. And my food is delicious and my skin is clear.

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 02/25/2014 10:12 am

A conventional wisdom "healthy" diet will not help you get clear. I am 100% clear on a 75% vegetable 25% animal food diet. I don't eat sugar, dairy, most grains, and keep sweet fruits to a once or twice a day treat. I eat lots of animal fat (definitely against conventional wisdom), in addition to animal organs like liver and bone broths. I think lots of people just give up excess carbs and sugar and milk and think that their acne will be cured, but you also have to add in nutrient dense foods or you will only see partial success. My diet is very low carbohydrate, very high in vegetable foods (like homemade vegetable juices), and very high in fat and protein.

If I eat a piece of pizza or some cake or something denatured, sweetened, and full of processed ingredients, I WILL break out, sometimes within 12-24 hours. For example, I got several pimples on my chin the day after my bridal shower during which I was expected (and pressured) to eat cake. Going back to my normal diet cleared it up within two days, and I am back to my happy skin now. IMO, the "foods" I have given up are not really food. I do not feel satisfied after eating them, and my body obviously is not happy eating them either. Do you honestly feel good after eating 4 slices of pizza or a big piece of cake? You might feel good WHILE eating them, but do you feel good immediately afterwards? Probably not. It's worth it to give it up.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 02/25/2014 7:27 pm

Yeah, I love food. I can basically eat anything as long as it isn't very plain such as steamed vegetables. I try to limit the amount of processed foods I eat though. Also, I try not to eat any foods containing gluten, dairy and eggs whenever possible since I believe I am allergic to them and I;ve never been a fan of them anyway but sometimes it is difficult since they are in pretty much everything except for fruits and veges lol

Same here, but its so hard to get rid of all that good food

Other than in the case of food intolerances, the diet habits that cause acne also cause diabetes, heart disease and most of the other health conditions this sickly culture today suffers from and accelerates aging.

I have not given up on food. I've given up on junk & nutritionally void foods. And my food is delicious and my skin is clear.

What do you eat that is a good substitute for sweets? I really like bananas, blueberries, and strawberries, but sometimes they are not enough to satisfy my sweets cravings. Can you give me some recipes or something that I can be satisfied with?

A conventional wisdom "healthy" diet will not help you get clear. I am 100% clear on a 75% vegetable 25% animal food diet. I don't eat sugar, dairy, most grains, and keep sweet fruits to a once or twice a day treat. I eat lots of animal fat (definitely against conventional wisdom), in addition to animal organs like liver and bone broths. I think lots of people just give up excess carbs and sugar and milk and think that their acne will be cured, but you also have to add in nutrient dense foods or you will only see partial success. My diet is very low carbohydrate, very high in vegetable foods (like homemade vegetable juices), and very high in fat and protein.

If I eat a piece of pizza or some cake or something denatured, sweetened, and full of processed ingredients, I WILL break out, sometimes within 12-24 hours. For example, I got several pimples on my chin the day after my bridal shower during which I was expected (and pressured) to eat cake. Going back to my normal diet cleared it up within two days, and I am back to my happy skin now. IMO, the "foods" I have given up are not really food. I do not feel satisfied after eating them, and my body obviously is not happy eating them either. Do you honestly feel good after eating 4 slices of pizza or a big piece of cake? You might feel good WHILE eating them, but do you feel good immediately afterwards? Probably not. It's worth it to give it up.

Bridal shower? Congrats!

It's true that at times I don't feel good because I ate too much of something unhealthy, but most of the time I feel fine, as long as I don't take too much

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 02/26/2014 8:39 am

Same here, but its so hard to get rid of all that good food

>Other than in the case of food intolerances, the diet habits that cause acne also cause diabetes, heart disease and most of the other health conditions this sickly culture today suffers from and accelerates aging.

What do you eat that is a good substitute for sweets? I really like bananas, blueberries, and strawberries, but sometimes they are not enough to satisfy my sweets cravings. Can you give me some recipes or something that I can be satisfied with?

Bridal shower? Congrats!

It's true that at times I don't feel good because I ate too much of something unhealthy, but most of the time I feel fine, as long as I don't take too much

Thanks! I hate to tell you, but you won't be substituting anything for sweets. Fake sugars are suspected by many to be neurotoxins, and real sugar, as we know, is terrible for your skin. Craving sugar is a sign that your body is addicted to it. The only thing to do is to go cold-turkey, which I swear makes it easier. You can still have fruit, but don't go nuts; Too much carb from banana is just as bad as overdoing any other sugar. Meanwhile, add in fats like butter, olive oil, coconut oil (organic, extra virgin), and animal fats (that are organic, pastured and not hydrogenated). Truthfully, your body doesn't really need carbohydrate, at least not in the quantities that many modern people eat. What it needs is fat-soluble vitamins like D, E, A, and K, food sources of potent nutrition like liver or colorful vegetables, and fat. It's a myth that low-fat is healthy. Without healthy forms of dietary fat, we are subject to a range of problems including but not limited to, tooth decay, acne, vitamin deficiencies (because the fat-solubles can't be absorbed without fat), and hormonal problems (which can also cause acne).

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 02/26/2014 11:07 pm

If anyone is interested, I can type up a list of "safe" foods that you can buy from public. For me, they don't cause any issues but of course it can vary from person to person. But I am quite sensitive to a lot of things, so if they don't bother me then maybe you will be fine eating them too. I look for protein and fiber to keep me full. Some of them are frozen, but the ingredients are pretty decent. Not everyone has time to cook fresh food every day unfortunately.

Lilly75 and grossbard liked
MemberMember
(@jayboy-2)

Posted : 02/27/2014 1:20 am

Yep, it's definitely hard. Although I'm finding diet wise that possibly we break out more from the lack of nutrition we're getting vs the fact that we eat foods that are bad for us. So basically, I've been supplementing my diet with vitamin A & D in large amounts, as well as trying to eat as healthy as I can but not restricting myself from eating things I shouldn't be when I get the craving.

I also try to pair up a not so healthy snack with a healthy snack, so that I'm getting my sastisfaction but also my nutrients. For example: at lunch I'll usually have a lot of apple slices along with some fruit yogurt that I dip the apples in. It's SO good and not too terrible for you, just a bit of sugar in the fruit yogurt.

So it's really all about the healthy balance of eating well but allowing yourself the things you like too. Once you realize your diet doesn't have to be "all or nothing" you will be much happier.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/27/2014 8:54 am

Depends on how strict you need to be with your blood sugar. Muscle mass, physical activity, sleep, and all kinds of nutrients affect how well you metabolize sugar. Don't lounge on the sofa snacking on carbs.

You make your own sweets with little to no added sugar. And then you eat them only in small amounts to reduce the glycemic impact.

Like cookies made with mashed bananas & oats or dried coconut as the basic recipe, except I add all kinds of things to that. A litle salt. Cocoa powder, nut butter, nuts etc. can use sweet potatoes & squashes instead of banana.

saute apples or peaches in a little butter, sprinkle with cinnamon or whatever pice goes with peaches. I use 5 spice powder. Better than pie.

Stir dried fruit, seeds & such into nut butter & eat like cookie dough or shape into balls & roll in coconut.

And have a handful of almonds, fiber capsule or other fat & fiber source before you have a small portion of something like someone's birthday cake.

More:

MemberMember
(@natalie411)

Posted : 02/27/2014 12:59 pm

Hahha cupcakejess! Your photo and screename says it all! But I'm with you on that! It is soo hard. But I have reduced 80% of the bad eating habit now. Im much more disciplined but do treat myself occasionally

MemberMember
(@grossbard)

Posted : 02/27/2014 2:18 pm

If anyone is interested, I can type up a list of "safe" foods that you can buy from public. For me, they don't cause any issues but of course it can vary from person to person. But I am quite sensitive to a lot of things, so if they don't bother me then maybe you will be fine eating them too. I look for protein and fiber to keep me full. Some of them are frozen, but the ingredients are pretty decent. Not everyone has time to cook fresh food every day unfortunately.

Hey WishClean!

I'm brand new on this site and this is the first thread I ended up. I'm pretty convinced my chest acne is from hormonal imbalances from my diet because it goes up and down. Recently most of it was cleared and I rejoiced and thought I was cured naturally and started eating a lot of gluten (which I suspect I'm intolerant towards). I'm gonna give it a real shot now and go on a super clean diet for a while and see if I clear up.

By now I'm mostly eating things like eggs for breakfast, avocadoes and more sweet fruits for snacks, salad for lunch, and rice for dinner. I need more variety!

tldr: I would love to see a list of "safe foods" from you! Thank you very much in advance.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 02/27/2014 8:39 pm

Sure, that'd be great, I really do need to keep track of what foods are healthy or not

For example, recently, I've heard that dried fruit is pretty much candy. That really got me rethinking of what is healthy and what is not.

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 03/09/2014 10:36 pm

Well, I have chosen clear skin over pizza and ice cream. The taste of yummy food lasts for minutes. The pain of acne is an eternal nightmare. Priorities.