Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xcriticalbenchx

Goin off Tane.. Scard a bit of help

I will be going off accutane on november 16. So i dont have much left.. i cleared up 95% the first month on.. 40mg.. then 60 the 2nd month, then 80 the third month until now... which im still on 80.

What should i ido when i get off, i have a lot of red marks, should i ask for a cream,im thinking about asking for Retin A micro since that did wonders for me, if i remember correctly. Accutane never caused sensitive skin for me really, i used a 2% SA scrub, and 2% SA Astringant and was fine, as well as a lotion therapy tho.

What should i do.. i cant have this return.. im almost 17, my life totally changed around.

from my prospective, i think you should just leave your skin the way it is and wait for ur red marks to naturally fade and for alot of ppl the acne never came back so dont worry unless if it ever comes back

Consider staying on accutane awhile longer, perhaps an extra month or two? I'm on 80mg in my 2nd month and was told I was staying on it anywhere from 5 to 6 months. Just a suggestion....

Stay on it longer, or it may not reach full effects and your acne might come back.

In the scarring/hyperpigmentation forum on this message board, I've heard of people using Predeming Intense Gel and apple-cider vinegar to help with redness. The results seem to be positive from everything I've read. You might want to check out a few posts over there.

Also, remember that the Accutane stays in your system for I believe two months after you have finished your treatment. I would just allow your skin a chance to heal during this time period before applying anything else.

Good luck and I wish you a future of clear skin!

my son had tons of red marks and they did go away after about 1 or 2 months. he only used moisturiser and it seemed to help alot. I do notice, however, that somedays they do show up slightly after alot of exercise or sun. But basically that red face look went away after about 6 weeks. Hang inthere!

thanks alot everybody. my doctor wanted to keep me on for 5 months, but i beged to stay on for 6.. and im just completing my 6th month. i think thats what im going to do, use a regualar acne face wash, over the counter kind, and just leave it alone, other then a lotion at nite, and morning

I was completely clear after 4 months of accutane, then probably 4 or 5 days after i broke out really really really bad , worse then i ever have probably, my derm said it was normal and put me on differin to help with the breakout, just seems to be getting worse, i honestly dont know why i broke out and from what ive read on the message boards others have , most dont, reason i post this is not to scare you or anything just pointing out the possibility, and im trying to find others who broke out right after accutane , and what the end result was

how long was your course of accutane and what was the dosage? Were you clear right from the beginning or were you constantly breaking out during your course? Maybe you didnt take it long enough and needed some extra months. My derm said that after four months you could take a second course. Im not a doctor but from what i've read here and what my doctor said, that seems logical. He said about 20% of patients need a second course and usually right after their 1st course. good luck!

Well i was totally clear start of july Like 2 weeks after goin off i was clear last month of accutane actually. And all the way till september and my oil came back. I don't get n e crysts and everything heals so quickly now, but i do get spots at least twice a week, but their soo small and like the white part (the whole head of the pimple) is the only thing there, there's no bump or n e thing. Today my face looks great because i've changed my diet and have been drinkin alot of green tea (with a touch of lemon). Lot's of water, fruit and not eating greasy foods DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE ....TRUST ME!. Don't drink milk!