Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sammiegurl0987

IM GETTING DESPERATE AND DEPRESSED

hi

im getting really depressed because of my stupid face. for 2 years i have been trying to find the right make up for my face but nothing has been going good at all. i have tried going to counters and ive gotten some of their make up but it hasnt really worked. i have combination skin and whenever i put a foundation on it gets flakey and looks like i caked it on. every make up i use. pleassse can someone help me. i hate feeling like im the ugliest girl in the world. i mean what is the best brushes to use? moisturizers? concealers? powders? foundations? can some one please tell me what is the best. this is the third time posting but nothing has helped on the other ideas. i have scars that wont go away.....im begging anyone? ill pay anything as long as its right for me.

thank you for ur time.

I feel your pain. Most of the time, it looks like I have just piled on tons and tons of makeup. I haven't experimented with too many make-ups before, but here's what works best for me:

-Neutrogena Healthy Skin makeup (I used this only on certain occasions, since my derm. wants me to quit it with the foundation).

-There is this really great Cover girl makeup....it's like a little compact and it's the one that "is a powder but covers like foundation." It really love it, and I would tell you the details of what it's called, only I lost the compact a couple of days ago. I need to go buy a new one. I'd definitely recommend it...it gives you a fresh, even look.

I hope that helped.

tell us what you've been using, youre method of putting it on and whatever else is on your skin prior to foundation application.

ive used the cover girl aqua fresh foundation and it never worked. it had a looked as if i caked it on and it didnt. ive always used only sponges to use foundations on my face. ive used one of neutrogena's liquid foundations, another one of cover girl's foundations it was like the aqua fresh foundation just only it was a smaller compact thing and it was rectangular. ive also used some max factor stuff. i havent tried l'oreal because im afraid that if i use the combination skin one, it will just look bad on my face but ill still try it. just i dont know bout what are good moisturizers, concealers and powders.

quit using the compact foundations. what i mean by that is what they call 'cream to powder' foundations or even the stick foundations. they get really cakey if you have oily skin. sally hansen has a good airbrush foundation that you just spray. then use your sponge to smooth out. you should use pressing motions as opposed to swiping motions with your sponge. your sponge should be damp also. if you're really oily dilute your foundation with a drop of astringent or water. i don't believe in these combo skin foundations because they are really tricky. in actuality i think you have to have dry skin in order to use them. mattique by l'oreal is a godsend. i've been around the block a few times when it comes to foundation of all sorts. if it was invented i've tried it. this new sally hansen spray foundation i have not tried. in actuality i am trying not to use foundation except for certain spots but not all over, since i've been on the regimen. my face has cleared so much i just want to be easy with it. cakeyness usually happens when you have a pancake type makeup on and your skin gets oily and it breaks up the makeup giving it that rough look. if you have combo skin just moisturize the areas that are dry. the combo skin foundation by l'oreal (ideal balance) produced a huge oil ring in my oil migration test. put some foundation on a piece of paper overnight. like a dime size and in the morning hold it up to the light and you will see a ring around the drop. the bigger the ring the more oil. mattique has no ring. neither do any of those stay put makeups. 18 hour wear basically acrylic makeup. anything fast drying like that. ok i know i rambled but i hope you got something.

I have combination skin too and I don't put foundation anymore since it makes my skin look dry and flakey, especially around the cheek area. What I do is, I wash my face in the evening with Pond's Clear Solutions Deep Pore Scrub for Combination Skin, then in the morning I wash my face with Pond's Clear Solution Facial Wash - but I wipe the stuff off with a warm-watered cloth, instead of water. Then I pat dry my face with a towel, put TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel Toner which I apply liberally all over cotton wool onto my face, put sunscreen on, and then I apply Pond's Tinted Moisturiser with SPF 15. For combination skin it's better to use tinted moisturiser, rather than foundation. But I have read other people's threads on tinted moist and I reckon you should give it a try with what they say are good. You should also consult the beautician (if available) at the counter and say you have this type of skin and ask what kind of tinted moisturiser would suit you best. Good luck! :wink:

I've found that if my foundation gets cakey, it's because of the dry skin that's built up from the drying out process of B/P. What you need to probably do is gently buff off the dead layers of skin, whichever method you choose is up to you. Foundation needs a smooth even layer to sit nicely on your skin. It will never look even and smooth if you have dead layers of dry flakey skin on top. I read the previous post, Ponds T/M will work well to hide the flakeys as it's a moisturiser, whenever you moisturise your skin, it tends to hide the flakeys right? Ponds is good, but I found that it made my skin look very greasy after an hour or so..does a good job of moisturising the flakey skin, but can make you look greasy. Nivea T/M is more of a matte moisturiser, but then again, there won't be as many emoillments in it to moisturise and hide the flakey skin. So try gently exfoiliating, be gentle though, don't want u to end up with red skin, then see how your foundation sits...goodluck!!!

I totally know how you feel. I have found products I like, and I have stuck with them because they really work fr me:

I use either Max Factor Facefinity foundation or Maybelline Everfresh. Both are longlasting, so you don't really need to touch up through the day. I brush Corn Silk loose powder on over the top - I think this makes such a difference, it makes my skin look smooth and even, but not too matt, it has a tiny bit of shimmer in it. All these products are non - comodegenic so won't clog your pores.

Als, if it works for you, I would suggest Clinique clarifying lotion, followed by your moisteriser before you apply your makeup - it sweeps off all your dry skin and polishes it.

I really hope you find stuff that works for you soon, good luck!!

I use the Regimen (cetaphil skin cleanser, neutrogena on the spot, neutrogena moisturizer w/SPF), then I put Clinique Superfit foundation over it. It doesn't seem to clog my pores or make the Regimen any less effective. Also, it stays on all day, I never need to touch-up. I used to use Clinique oil free moisturizer too, but I switched to Neutrogena and found that it worked better, and it's way cheaper too! Anyway....that's what works for me.