Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
patienceisvirtue

Is It Worth To Wait Atleast 6Months On The Regimen?!

It has been 4 month and half since I have been on the Regimen and I am seeing results but also Im breaking out at the same time and I have quite alot of hyperpigmentation/scars from post acne breakouts. I am bring very patient. One day it feels like my skin is getting alot better and the next day or so its breaking out on my cheeks and mouth area. I have moderate acne, its not severe from what I know. Im just wondering is it worth to definately wait for 6 month to see good results?!!!

I'm concerned about your hyperpigmentation. You might be getting too irritated from the BP.

I don't quite agree with The Regimen's dosage--the "max" is too high in my opinion. I doubt that the derms would tell you to use that much.

I think you should at least cut back on the BP to slightly less than a dime-sized amount or just discontinue it for a while to see if the redness is actually irritation from the BP. Slather up some gentle moisturizer, too. If your skin doesn't improve or gets worse, go to a dermatologist ASAP to rule out other sources of irritation or diseases.

I'm concerned about your hyperpigmentation. You might be getting too irritated from the BP.

I don't quite agree with The Regimen's dosage--the "max" is too high in my opinion. I doubt that the derms would tell you to use that much.

I think you should at least cut back on the BP to slightly less than a dime-sized amount or just discontinue it for a while to see if the redness is actually irritation from the BP. Slather up some gentle moisturizer, too. If your skin doesn't improve or gets worse, go to a dermatologist ASAP to rule out other sources of irritation or diseases.

Yeah I think I agree with you about the dosage. I have worked my way up to two pumps of BP and when I dab it all over my face before I spread it..... i feel like its too much for my skin. I think ive been too compliant about the directions for the regimen. I am gonna cut down the amount of BP and especially the amount of AHA as well because every time I apply half aha and half moisturizer after the BP dries.... My skin gets irritated for 10 minutes until everything dries up. Thank you for your opinion... I will definitely cut down the BP as well as the AHa caz i feel like sometimes its the AHa thats breaking me out so badly but without the addition of the aha ... i can never combat my dry flaky face.....!!!! :(

Yeah I think I agree with you about the dosage. I have worked my way up to two pumps of BP and when I dab it all over my face before I spread it..... i feel like its too much for my skin. I think ive been too compliant about the directions for the regimen. I am gonna cut down the amount of BP and especially the amount of AHA as well because every time I apply half aha and half moisturizer after the BP dries.... My skin gets irritated for 10 minutes until everything dries up. Thank you for your opinion... I will definitely cut down the BP as well as the AHa caz i feel like sometimes its the AHa thats breaking me out so badly but without the addition of the aha ... i can never combat my dry flaky face.....!!!!

Humectants like glycolic acid can actually pull out water from the skin if the product doesn't contain enough occlusives. Dan's AHA+ doesn't have occlusives like petrolatum in it (understandably). He probably didn't want it to feel too heavy or greasy.